Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 30, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #119,326 of 149,149
I have tried my speakers with and without the subs. I did prefer the sound without my previous sub, but I like the SVS very much and leave it on for all genres. The bass is not boomy or bloated. Here’s a quick RTA from my listening seat. The dip at 63 and 125Hz is a null at the listening position, sitting forward a bit fills it in quite a bit. Not perfect, but not too bad for a small square room.

Agreed on the SVS. I have a PB1000 Pro that, thanks to REW and the SVS app, I have the bass set perfectly in my family room setup. It just blends in, as it should, so you're not thinking "Hey! Cool sub!". Being able to adjust the settings or use presets from the app is great when changing from music to video, or shifting from jazz to rock etc. I plan on getting a second one sometime, but for now it sounds great at the prime listening seat.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #119,327 of 149,149
So I'm in Asheville NC and had some very good BBQ last night. They did tell me it was Texas style before we ordered, but it was very good. Some of the best ribs I've ever had, absolutely perfect

Attachments

• horror-disgust.gif
    horror-disgust.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
May 30, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #119,328 of 149,149
May 30, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #119,329 of 149,149
Holy Schiit, Qobuz...

...sounds amazing. I have listened exclusively to the service since I signed up on Saturday; a.) iPhone 13 Pro via Lightning->USB-C into CarPlay in the GLC, b.) iPhone 13 Pro via BT to a JBL Charge 5 (that little sucker sounds MUCH better than it has a right to!) and now c.) via Web browser, high-rez setting, USB to OG Jot multibit to mono Aegirs to LS50s (nearfield at my desk).
A JBL Flip 6 (the much smaller cousin of the JBL Charge 5) travels with me on all of my layovers. It's not an audiophile speaker by any means but it gives me hours of enjoyment when I'm on the road.
Listen to a Bluetooth speaker for music every once in a while. It'll make you appreciate your Schiit stack even more.
100% true. I love having my BT speaker at work and it makes me enjoy my Schiit stack on days off.
It's easy to mock BT but having the means to listen to music in hotel rooms has been a game changer for me.

May 30, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #119,331 of 149,149
Also radio station SomaFM: Left Coast 70's

Listened via moode audio the past few tunes

This Week's Top Artists:
Steely Dan
Ambrosia
Fleetwood Mac
The Doobie Brothers
Joni Mitchell
Pages
America
Joe Walsh
Firefall
Jimmie Spheeris
Supertramp
Dire Straits
Greg Guidry
J.D. Souther
Dave Mason
Electric Light Orchestra
Terence Boylan
Laura Nyro
Ned Doheny
Dane Donohue
The Alan Parsons Project
Loggins & Messina
Karla Bonoff
Vapour Trails
Walter Egan
Wendy Waldman
Robert Palmer
Poco
Boz Scaggs
Kenny Loggins

That's pretty much a perfect list of the reason I fully embraced punk rock at the end of the 70s. Joni Mitchell is the only artist on that list I would ever voluntarily listen to.

As always, YMMV.

May 30, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #119,332 of 149,149
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation: ( Not yacht rock. 😎 )

Easy Livin'.....Uriah Heep

May 31, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #119,334 of 149,149
Tonight’s sound:

I received the three CD set, Beethoven, The Late Quartets... Performed by the Calidore String Quartet, today. An excellent recording IMHO

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 1:20 AM Post #119,335 of 149,149
Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #119,337 of 149,149
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation: ( Not yacht rock. 😎 )

Easy Livin'.....Uriah Heep
Wow, memories from late teenage years. The only Uriah Heep album I owned was "Head First" which I am now listening to for the first time in maybe 30 years. (Streaming is awesome!)

Thanks for the reminder :)

Edit : How can I remember lyrics from 30 years ago, but not why I went to the refrigerator?

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #119,338 of 149,149
Wow, memories from late teenage years. The only Uriah Heep album I owned was "Head First" which I am now listening to for the first time in maybe 30 years. (Streaming is awesome!)

Thanks for the reminder :)
10+ years ago I managed a Bike store and would service Bernie Shaw' s bikes - really nice guy !!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back