Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 10, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #112,756 of 145,768
So ... what you're really saying is soup ... :stew: :turtle::turtle:
Running joke on my last project/job was that we would offer tortoise soup to the environmental department saying we found them on site when we started construction as there was a risk of finding a nest or two on the site which we would have to stop construction within so many feet until they were relocated.

Actually ended up with a nest on this job and can't work on that area of the site until they are relocated.

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #112,757 of 145,768
I’d be interested to hear your impressions over the Fiio. I have the same amp and would consider doing the same.
I've got to say it's really good. Now, I did change DAC and add the Jot 1 as a preamp, but the combination is great. And I've got plenty of headroom. The detail is magnificent, the soundstage is wider, and I feel that the mid range had filled in. Sitting here listening instead of working right now.

Mar 10, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #112,758 of 145,768
Oh, and it's looking like the big crazy (redacted) product will be introduced shortly before the Schiitrmeet, so there's that as well.

I'll make sure Randy gets one beforehand.
Seriously considering flight tickets from Sweden here…🙈

Mar 10, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #112,759 of 145,768
Our desert tortoise grew up in captivity.

At first I read "dessert tortoise" and now all I see is this:

795fc99096769e8d6ed0bf6192669acc.jpg

He was walking around with those leaves hanging out of his mouth for like 15 minutes, wondering why the tall pink things were laughing their asses off.

IMG_0500.JPG

Seriously, though, how dare you guys disrespect him. He was merely trying his best to get into a Texas state of mind.

cowboy-straw-his-mouth-20970240.jpg

Mar 10, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #112,760 of 145,768
Mar 10, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #112,761 of 145,768
I've got to say it's really good. Now, I did change DAC and add the Jot 1 as a preamp, but the combination is great. And I've got plenty of headroom. The detail is magnificent, the soundstage is wider, and I feel that the mid range had filled in. Sitting here listening instead of working right now.
Actually, separation is off the charts as well. I'm loving this little amp, it makes these little Mordaunt Short speakers that were a drunken eBay mistake sound fabulous.

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #112,763 of 145,768
I just have to share this. It's a cover of the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah, my heretofore favorite version of the Leonard Cohen classic. This rivals the earlier version, IMO, and it Is very moving, especially when around a hundred thousand people join in.

Elisa also has a more understated but still sublime studio version and another live version - with coloratura singing - at the 2200 year old Greco-Roman amphitheater in Taormina. The former is on streaming services and both are on YouTube.

PS: there’s also a recently posted rendition by the wonderful Imelda May and friends (forming a vocal quartet) on Youtube.

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #112,765 of 145,768
I just have to share this. It's a cover of the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah, my heretofore favorite version of the Leonard Cohen classic. This rivals the earlier version, IMO, and it Is very moving, especially when around a hundred thousand people join in.

Elisa also has a more understated but still sublime studio version and another live version - with coloratura singing - at the 2200 year old Greco-Roman amphitheater in Taormina. The former is on streaming services and both are on YouTube.

PS: there’s also a recently posted rendition by the wonderful Imelda May and friends (forming a vocal quartet) on Youtube.

Jeff Buckley's cover was the first time I ever heard Hallelujah, it is interesting how it gained new life after that.

Many times a great cover will make people forget the original - as someone mentioned here a while back, Jimi Hendrix's version is far more covered than Bob Dylan's own version (and I'm a big Bob Dylan - and Hendrix- Fan as well).

Mar 10, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #112,768 of 145,768
Jeff Buckley's cover was the first time I ever heard Hallelujah, it is interesting how it gained new life after that.

Many times a great cover will make people forget the original - as someone mentioned here a while back, Jimi Hendrix's version is far more covered than Bob Dylan's own version (and I'm a big Bob Dylan - and Hendrix- Fan as well).

While I liked Tears For Fears original Mad Love, I did not care for any remakes. I guess it depends on which version is heard first...? :grinning:

Mar 10, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #112,769 of 145,768
Super excited! I’m still contemplating speakers.
Either semi open baffle Mark Audio Alpair 12, or a small “efficient” bookshelf. It all depends on the Wife Acceptancevisual Factor.
You must be new, FTFY...
Welcome to the Schiitiverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back