Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 31, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #109,441 of 149,141
I added a little Klipsch subwoofer to my mini radial speaker setup. It seems like overkill since it is nearly the size of my record box.😜 With the help of a Loki + this setup is better than expected. Right now I have wires going everywhere but this is temporary. Listening to the album Winter Moon.....Art Pepper.

24B2CE76-3DD3-4188-9E45-88BD4D592B1B.jpeg
Does Finnegan's mass help reduce vibrations? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down: :beerchug:

Jan 31, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #109,442 of 149,141
Thanks chat gpt!

Screenshot_20230131_090915_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230131_090922_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230131_090931_Chrome.jpg
Chat GPT is going to create a lot of (paid) work for me in the near future training other teachers to find it

Jan 31, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #109,443 of 149,141
Okay - so tomorrow is February, and barring supply issues we should see Crazy Idea 1, 2, and 3 by months end (I feel like I'm writing Dr. Seuss). Re-starting the rumor mills, and mostly thinking out-loud, semi on-topic.

Safe Bet: One of the Crazy Ideas is a desktop amp - Jason has noted there could be 2. Also noted they should be able to melt faces. Based on prior discussions one should be Bifrost packaging size - would be interested to see one Gungnir size and Continuity. Also interested if one will possess a tube. Another certainty - I will be purchasing one of these - hopefully including a trek to Newhall.

Middle Crazy Idea #2: No idea - speculate away or see above.

Mega Crazy Idea #3: This is where most of my intrigue lies - specifically Jason's use of "taking on one of audios sacred cows." It's been making me ponder what are our collective sacred cows? I would imagine it goes well beyond the typical objectivist / subjectivist measurement baloney - that's not crazy, Schiit has been in that game since the beginning. As such, I've re-read all Manhattan Project / The Gadget content from Mike and Jason - just to get my head re-wrapped around it. I can't help but think we're walking into music enhancer/expander territory, one that pulls our (signal path) chains out of "line/wire with gain" chastity. Otherwise, no idea - speculate away. (If related to MP and Gadget, I think it would be funny to have an A-432Hz tuning fork included, so all A-440 would sound wrong and be sharp/ruined - but maybe that's just lowly cow prodding.) What do we think? Happy to hear thoughts!

Looking forward to the coming chapters @Jason Stoddard!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #109,444 of 149,141
Does Finnegan's mass help reduce vibrations? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down: :beerchug:
I had the speakers rather close together so he found the sweet spot and just sat there listening to the music, he likes to be involved. :ksc75smile: The boy likes jazz.

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #109,448 of 149,141
I vant my Vrd.

I just bought a cd by the Residents. It is SO MUCH fun.

Anyway, I figure if the Urd is a fast loader, I'm in.

I have all the other Schiit, so why not.
My only issue with the elusive Urd is that I’m a Unison fan and my Gungnir has but one usb input which I use fed by my Mac mini. It’s most likely no issue at all using a different input from Urd but that’s the only fly in the ointment for me.

Hmmm, will Urd have usb input?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #109,449 of 149,141
My only issue with the elusive Urd is that I’m a Unison fan and my Gungnir has but one usb input which I use fed by my Mac mini. It’s most likely no issue at all using a different input from Urd but that’s the only fly in the ointment for me.

Hmmm, will Urd have usb input?
Yes the urd will include additional usb (unison) inputs

1675204381140.png

edit: I knew Jason had dropped a drawing.....
11866188.png

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #109,451 of 149,141
I have to assume services like Turnitin are going to add logic to identify its patterns.
They have added some detection ability now and more in the future.

In addition, GPTZero is a GPTChat sensor as well

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #109,452 of 149,141
I have to assume services like Turnitin are going to add logic to identify its patterns.
Part of the training I provide other instructors is "interpreting" Turnitin reports and explaining that even if direct proof of copying or "scrambling' (Scramble bot) exists, often what ChatGPT or other programs which scramble or substitute words come up with is often scrambled, gibberish, or not written by a person so instead of charging them with cheating, I deduct marks for poor writing and/or grammar.

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #109,453 of 149,141
Safe Bet: One of the Crazy Ideas is a desktop amp - Jason has noted there could be 2. Also noted they should be able to melt faces. Based on prior discussions one should be Bifrost packaging size - would be interested to see one Gungnir size and Continuity. Also interested if one will possess a tube. Another certainty - I will be purchasing one of these - hopefully including a trek to Newhall.

Middle Crazy Idea #2: No idea - speculate away or see above.

Mega Crazy Idea #3: This is where most of my intrigue lies - specifically Jason's use of "taking on one of audios sacred cows." It's been making me ponder what are our collective sacred cows? I would imagine it goes well beyond the typical objectivist / subjectivist measurement baloney - that's not crazy, Schiit has been in that game since the beginning. As such, I've re-read all Manhattan Project / The Gadget content from Mike and Jason - just to get my head re-wrapped around it. I can't help but think we're walking into music enhancer/expander territory, one that pulls our (signal path) chains out of "line/wire with gain" chastity. Otherwise, no idea - speculate away. (If related to MP and Gadget, I think it would be funny to have an A-432Hz tuning fork included, so all A-440 would sound wrong and be sharp/ruined - but maybe that's just lowly cow prodding.) What do we think? Happy to hear thoughts!
Hmm, the end-of-year post also said that they'd be relatively affordable ('a few hundred bucks'), especially with Mjolnir 3 and Urd being over 1k each. I'm curious what would be in the midsize shell and also be lower in price - maybe tubes is right? I doubt it though. All 3 things yet to be revealed are something they haven't done before, so I doubt it's valhalla 3 (which Jason has said is interested in working on after learning things from FV).

The singularity DAC's have been an open plan, but it seems like they aren't necessarily planned for this year.

I'm really at a loss what the first two crazy ideas could really be! I do like the idea of something DSP related for the super crazy product. They've definitely been getting more into that territory lately with creating their own code for projects like the multibit filters, singularity DAC's, USB implementation. I would love a schiit analog crossfeed like in the SPL amps where its customizable. But that really isn't that crazy so I don't think it would just be crossfeed.

I also remember Jason saying something like "What if we've been approaching this wrong the whole time?" in regard to how crazy this new idea is. ARGH, my curiosity is killing me on this one!

Jan 31, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #109,454 of 149,141
Jan 31, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #109,455 of 149,141
Okay - so tomorrow is February, and barring supply issues we should see Crazy Idea 1, 2, and 3 by months end (I feel like I'm writing Dr. Seuss). Re-starting the rumor mills, and mostly thinking out-loud, semi on-topic.

(Patiently) waiting for Urd...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back