Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 30, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #102,031 of 148,520

"My theory is, that when it comes to important subjects, there's only two ways a person can answer. Which way they choose, tells you who that person is. — For instance, there's only two ✌🏻 kinds of people in the world: Beatles people, and Elvis people. Now, Beatles people can like Elvis, and Elvis people can like Beatles — but nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere, you have to make a choice. And that choice tells you who you are!"

I'm a Stones man.

Oct 30, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #102,032 of 148,520
"My theory is, that when it comes to important subjects, there's only two ways a person can answer. Which way they choose, tells you who that person is. — For instance, there's only two ✌🏻 kinds of people in the world: Beatles people, and Elvis people. Now, Beatles people can like Elvis, and Elvis people can like Beatles — but nobody likes them both equally. Somewhere, you have to make a choice. And that choice tells you who you are!"

I'm a Stoned man.
FTFY. 🤣

Oct 30, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #102,033 of 148,520
Are DACs with chokes, like yggy, faster than dacs without chokes, like gumby & bifrost?

Listening to a familiar bluegrass album, and I can swear the banjo playing seems "slower"/more articulate.... like it was previously too fast to hear with 100 percent clarity, but now I can pick up each strum/string picking better then before.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #102,034 of 148,520
Are DACs with chokes, like yggy, faster than dacs without chokes, like gumby & bifrost?

Listening to a familiar bluegrass album, and I can swear the banjo playing seems "slower"/more articulate.... like it was previously too fast to hear with 100 percent clarity, but now I can pick up better then before.
This wouldn't happen to be that theme from "Deliverance", would it? :beerchug:

Kinda sorta the Hill-billy version of "Tubular Bells"...But scarier for obvious reasons.
Bluegrass is good stuff. I used to work as a "bouncer" at Bluegrass festivals just to hear the music! That was nearly 50 years ago.

Oct 31, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #102,037 of 148,520
She has a fantastic voice and her band is excellent!
"Deliverance" on the other hand is too trauma-inducing for me to ever view again...:beerchug:

My dad gave me the rundown on Deliverance a few years back. He saw it in theatres.

I watch so few movies as it is, the ones I watch will be for pleasure/entertainment. Deliverance would give me neither.

Oct 31, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #102,038 of 148,520
Oh, I forgot ... Ringo's drum kit now sounds very realistic - even the snare. He was doing a lot more drumming than we were aware of. :)
I agree with you @RCBinTN :beyersmile:

I'm ashamed to admit that it's only in the past 3 or 4 years that I have come to realise just what a great drummer Ringo was!

Many of the world's best Rock drummers still cite him as a major influence.

This is quite a good article on Ringo's drumming:
https://drummagazine.com/beatles-history-ringo-starrs-10-greatest-recorded-moments/

'Rain' is fantastic.

Another track which has real 'bite' on the new Revolver remix, is 'And Your Bird Can Sing'.

Brilliant guitar work... by Harrison and McCartney!

McCartney really is a musical genius, and I don't use that word lightly.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #102,039 of 148,520
This wouldn't happen to be that theme from "Deliverance", would it? :beerchug:

Kinda sorta the Hill-billy version of "Tubular Bells"...But scarier for obvious reasons.
Bluegrass is good stuff. I used to work as a "bouncer" at Bluegrass festivals just to hear the music! That was nearly 50 years ago.

A local guy made the arrows that were used in Deliverance. James Dickey, the author was an avid archer and some of his gear was used in the movie. (Bear take down and one standard recurved hunting bows) Dickey was lecturing at the local university when he had the arrows made.

I competed at the same archery club and had arrows made by the same gentleman, his cresting was very recognizable.

1667221463683.png

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #102,040 of 148,520

I'm a Stones man.

Hmmm...guess if I had to choose one artist from the UK, it'd be Clapton...especially given his ability to create/stay relevant over the years.

I'll probably get 'stoned' for this comment, but I'd have to say I like Elvis and the Beatles equally -- great talents in their own rights...but neither would would make my Top 50.

Think I own one greatest hits CD for both. That said, I really enjoy a variety of Beatles covers in jazz, etc.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #102,045 of 148,520
I was listening to a jazz playlist on Apple Music, and this song made me sit up and take notice. This young woman has quite the timeless voice, and her backing musicians are excellent. Lady Blackbird "Did Somebody Make a Fool Out of You"

Check out Black Acid Soul, one of THE best recordings of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back