Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 25, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #93,691 of 149,252
I have a strong dislike for the owner and the coach. The QB issue has resolved itself, so baby steps. :D

** I'm not too keen on Jerry Jones either, but I can't hate the Cowboys because the wife is a HUGE Cowboys fan. It's part of our prenup agreement that if I ever 'hate' the Cowboys, it would result in immediate dissolution of the marriage and forfeiture of all assets including audio. :unamused:
Even diehard Cowboys fans dislike Jerry Jones. In fact, disliking Jerry Jones is nearly a prerequisite for being a fan.

May 25, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #93,694 of 149,252
Hating anything is not OK. Better choice is "dislike ".
You're right...

I strongly, vehemently, immensely, firmly, and resolutely DISLIKE the Patriots. 😏

May 25, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #93,695 of 149,252
Wait... what? I've had cold beer in Germany. And in Switzerland. And in Belgium.

The UK? Lukewarm.
Admittedly a long time ago, but when I was in England and Wales on a trip in '89 no beer was "ice cold", but Ales and Bitters were served cool, never warm.

May 25, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #93,696 of 149,252
Any parts of the British Empire that serve room temp beer are off my list. 🙄

Remind me to stock my fridge if you ever visit.

I've taken a liking to drinking Guinness, Sam Adams, Sam Adams Ocktoberfest, and a few other imported German lagers at cellar temp. Keep the beers on the floor in the basement. its about 60 degrees.

Its getting to be that if I drink those beers cold they don't taste right and are lacking flavor and body.

I also like my bourbon and scotch at room temp of 68-72.

I know I'm different/weird.

May 25, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #93,697 of 149,252
Hating anything is not OK. Better choice is "dislike ".
I dunno... I'm generally peaceful, but I can assure you as a 🐻 Bears fan, I truly hate the Packers... my best friend even bought a share of the Packers just to spite me... he is lucky he's such a great friend... and serves me fancy ales 🍺 at his house where the share is framed.

May 25, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #93,698 of 149,252
Remind me to stock my fridge if you ever visit.

I've taken a liking to drinking Guinness, Sam Adams, Sam Adams Ocktoberfest, and a few other imported German lagers at cellar temp. Keep the beers on the floor in the basement. its about 60 degrees.

Its getting to be that if I drink those beers cold they don't taste right and are lacking flavor and body.

I also like my bourbon and scotch at room temp of 68-72.

I know I'm different/weird.

You'll be imbibing Sake next:

"James Bond: “I like sake. Especially when it’s served at the correct temperature, 98.4 degrees Fahrenheit, like this is.”

May 25, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #93,699 of 149,252
Last year our local ice hockey team won the championship for the second time in their history after 58 years of waiting.
Hopefully, my team won't make me wait 48 more years (been waiting for 10+ years already)...
I seriously doubt I will be around in 48 years! :older_man:

May 25, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #93,701 of 149,252
Personally in my household growing up my brother was the American Football fan. I never took to it. Baseball was my sport though I did drift off for a while but over the past year or so I've rediscovered my love for it.
Not really a baseball fan (except the Expos when my dad was alive), but I coached two seasons of little league and watching the kids play was fulfilling.

May 25, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #93,702 of 149,252
May 25, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #93,703 of 149,252
Not really a baseball fan (except the Expos when my dad was alive), but I coached two seasons of little league and watching the kids play was fulfilling.
I remember seeing the Expos in Montreal around’69 and the way the stadium announcer announced John Boca…Bella! That and the concessionaires peanut bag tossing. Oh dear.

May 25, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #93,704 of 149,252
I loved baseball as a kid. My dad pitched semi-pro and taught me to pitch starting at about 6 years old (no wonder I have a ****ed up right elbow since I had a mean curveball at 9). I can't stand to watch the game anymore. Hell, I can barely watch NFL games. I do love some college basketball where they play their hearts out and the game is fast and somewhat strategic.

Better yet is something I don't think has been mentioned in this great thread yet - Cornhole!!!

I can watch cornhole for hours and I can play all night. At this point I am starting to think that the boards need to move about 5 feet further apart but the game is a great test of concentration, skill and strategy.

May 26, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #93,705 of 149,252
Not a huge fan of cornhole, but if anyone wants to start a beer-pong league, I'm in!! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back