Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 30, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #90,226 of 145,769
Im looking for my measuring tape to see if both would fit my current setup.

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #90,229 of 145,769
Time to acquire Magnepan as a subsidiary of Schiit. The Tyr looks like it is a perfect match for their lineup and both companies are American made value.
I'd like to hear some comparisons between running 2 vidars with magnepans and running 2 tyr. I use 2 vidars this way all the time, and I think they sound great at a reasonable volume. hemming and hawing over what a next upgrade amp might be to have a bit more range without going into protection.

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #90,232 of 145,769
Actually, it will only play MQA, nothing else. Don't forget the front-facing power switch, the most beautiful VU meter the market provides (aptly named the "FU meter", as it will be placed on the underside of the device, of course), and instead of physical knobs, buttons, and switches, everything is controlled by a touch screen via a thousand confusing sub menus. The system's only available interface language will obviously be ancient Norse.

It will be their farewell-product, their gift to the world when Mike and Jason decide to retire.
And instead of the Schiit logo on top, it will sport the following:

Schiiiiit.png

😁

…although, to be fair, the way I've come to know Jason and Mike's humor, the "proudly sounds like ass" thing is actually within the realm of possibility. As is the silver spray paint, if they ever find something that looks as good as bead-blasted aluminum.

And to be completely honest, I'd actually pay good money to see a Schiit product with a rear-facing VU meter. 😈

That's fair! That was my first instinct as well.
But how do you explain the Rs in Asgard, Lyr, Vidar, Aegir, Tyr (if I go by the photo on Loki Max's product page), Bifrost, and the two Freyas? 😁
For a font nerd, there are no accidental inconsistencies like that!
No, it's pure sadism. That's the only logical explanation. 🤪
LOL! The FU Meter is superb! I often feel that way when shopping for audio being a toad of little means I cannot afford th Holy of Holies that is Luxman, Accuphase, McIntosh or any number of other high end (versus "rear end") products. A rear facing VU Meter is sacrilegious. Now one must add the Schiit PeekAboo to the Schiit ReachAround...Talk about adding insult to injury? The Pope shall hear of this heresy...'n' Schiit. Well done, sire!

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #90,235 of 145,769
Only 55 lbs? Oh...Wait! That's the weight not the cost!

In truth, 55 lbs is not all that much. I used to stroll the neighborhood with a pair of 110 lbs DBs with 3 inch handles. I am no longer that toad, dammit... As the Beach Boys would say, "FUN! FUN! FUN!"

I bet this amp is a lot more fun. I am certain that it will serve a great many here for a great many years to come. Good people these customers. More than just customers, they are most definitely Schiitizens. :beerchug:

Mar 30, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #90,236 of 145,769
New amps! Now I can play all my favorite tunes - Tracks of My Tyrs, Tyrs of a Clown, 96 Tyrs, Levi Stubbs' Tyrs (Dave Stewart & Barbara Gaskin - check 'em out) and of course the brand new album from Tyrs for Fears!
(I'll see myself out, thanks...)
This day is turgid with talent! Well written, sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back