Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 7, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #83,881 of 149,167
Dude's gonna have to spend half the day changing all those clocks for daylight savings time.

My wife wouldn't go for it either. Imagine all the vacuuming and dusting she'd have to do...
:laughing:
I should be in the area for a while, I need to get my son busy trying to arrange for a listen.😁 I am driving to his house so I deserve to be chauffeured around when I get there.

Today I am back in my shop getting a parts list together and trying to decide if I want to take on brushed copper again. It can be pretty but it takes a long time. 7C34E85E-5AC9-49D9-BF66-324570338500.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #83,882 of 149,167
high_end_audio_turntable_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2021_2022_2023_-1.jpg

Ken-Fritz-audio-system.jpg

I am more apt to go with the Ken Fritz audio system that is in Virginia I do believe. His house is designed around a concert hall in Japan. And he built a lot of it himself.
My wife is pretty understanding but not this understanding so there is no reason to want something like it. :ksc75smile:

https://www.wtvr.com/i-have-a-story/worlds-greatest-stereo-system-virginia
That's some serious dedication. I'm guessing the 'sweet spot' is everywhere in front of the speakers. A few more clocks and he can consider the room finished. :)

Nov 7, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #83,883 of 149,167
That's some serious dedication. I'm guessing the 'sweet spot' is everywhere in front of the speakers. A few more clocks and he can consider the room finished. :)
There are a couple good videos out there that go into detail.

Nov 7, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #83,884 of 149,167
I respect the hair, the boobs, uhm, I mean, the art, and the cat, dear sir.
In ascending order, obviously. :grin:

And f#c& me running, 22 years… Those are some serious paws for her royal magnificence Fok-Yu-san to fill. :astonished:
The art above my bed is from the French artist Buziau and called "The Three Graces"

3gratiën.jpg

It's not the best picture I ever made.

Nov 7, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #83,885 of 149,167
There are a couple good videos out there that go into detail.

There is some interesting comments he makes in that video - he spent years building the system, but didn't get to listen to it until the end decades later, he commented he didn't have the work-life-"hobby" balance he strove to put into his kids (which seems like there is some regret there), and the records - wow that is a lot. Not sure how much worth (not talking money, talking value of having it) a record is if you have it and it has never been played is though.

Nov 7, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #83,886 of 149,167
There is some interesting comments he makes in that video - he spent years building the system, but didn't get to listen to it until the end decades later, he commented he didn't have the work-life-"hobby" balance he strove to put into his kids (which seems like there is some regret there), and the records - wow that is a lot. Not sure how much worth (not talking money, talking value of having it) a record is if you have it and it has never been played is though.
Another video I saw showed his health was degrading.

No doubt he had more time and money after selling his business. I admire him for doing so much on his own, 5400 hours labor on the speakers I believe, all the furniture, the building, and shopping for the records.

Nov 7, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #83,887 of 149,167
Another video I saw showed his health was degrading.

No doubt he had more time and money after selling his business. I admire him for doing so much on his own, 5400 hours labor on the speakers I believe, all the furniture, the building, and shopping for the records.
Yeah, he commented in that one that he had a degenerative disease.

Complete change of topics back to food - anyone have a recommendation of where to go on a company expense account that defines prices as "reasonable" (so no steakhouses) within walking distance of the Corpus Christi Downtown Marina District? Have a conference this week there and no plans yet for any dinner.

Nov 7, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #83,890 of 149,167
I want something which sounds like this:
Unless you know how it sounds, do you mean something that sounds like these look? :)

(by the way, my opinion of Wilson Audio loudspeakers is not to be printed in this forum since the rules state "no bashing other brands." Assuming those are Wilsons.)

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #83,894 of 149,167
OPPO is about the only Chinese gear I own other than a couple headphone amps I paid little for. I have the PM-1 headphones and an HA-2 headphone amp. I have never owned one of their cd or dvd devices but I have generally heard positive things about them.
My BDP-93 universal player (no 4k), bought used, has been faithfully spinning discs for over a decade. I've been quite satisfied and hope they can fix it. From the little bit of shopping I did it seems the age of mid-priced disc players is over. There's either Wal-Mart or high-end boutique gear out there.

Nov 7, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #83,895 of 149,167
Yeah, he commented in that one that he had a degenerative disease.

Complete change of topics back to food - anyone have a recommendation of where to go on a company expense account that defines prices as "reasonable" (so no steakhouses) within walking distance of the Corpus Christi Downtown Marina District? Have a conference this week there and no plans yet for any dinner.
You should be able to get good, fresh, Gulf seafood just about anywhere in Corpus Christi (that doesn't mean every restaurant will be good, just there should be lots of good restaurants). The trick will be finding a good seafood restaurant which serves something other than fried seafood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back