Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 18, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #83,041 of 148,569
Mine are "Goldfinger" and "You Only Live Twice" in that order until I watch YOLT and hear Nancy Sinatra sing the title song and I am taken back in time to seeing that film with my family in the 60s. It depends upon which one I last watched but those two are my favorites!

Dame Shirley Bassey owns the title song to "Goldfinger" and Honor Blackman as "Kitteh Galore" is just gorgeous but so too is Akiko Wakabayashi as "Aki". Both films are great and Goldfinger was the first Bond film for me.

I am now listening all of the Bond theme songs now. The music satisfies what passes for my soul.

This reminds me that I have the latest iteration of The Best of Bond... James Bond Limited Edition album in LP format (gold colored vinyl) on the way. Can't wait!

Oct 18, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #83,042 of 148,569
It's hard to keep up with this fast growing thread. I'm wondering if you have already discussed Amir's review on the Lokius.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/schiit-lokius-review-equalizer.27334/

index.php

Oct 19, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #83,045 of 148,569

It's not personal, it's simply that the reviewer in question has clearly demonstrated an inability to provide accurate and meaningful reviews of audio products. I skimmed through the review you posted and found his description of the use and sonics the Lokius to be mean-spirited and extraordinarily biased. His measurements are useless. In all the review revealed to me far more about the reviewer than the product in question. While I may or may not purchase a Lokius, I will certainly not waste my time on any further reviews by this individual.

Oct 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #83,046 of 148,569
Choosing audio gear based on Amir's "measurements" is akin to choosing a car based solely on torque/hp graphs.

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #83,048 of 148,569
I'm have no real desire to pull this Chatham and Lansdale (branded) 6C4's out. I've stashed up enough 6C4s it's probably OK to let the cat out of the bag at this point. :laughing:

6C4 Lansdale 6AS7G Chatham.jpg
What is the width on your adapter? I only have about three inches of space on the top of my amp. Did you build that adapter yourself or rely on the gentleman in Europe?

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #83,050 of 148,569
I only look to Amir for reviews on dog whistles.
I saw his list of the best DAC's and that was enough for me, I have not been back since. My local group did a listen on twenty very good units and our results were, um, very different. :ksc75smile:

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #83,051 of 148,569
Oh please. Mine has double-wall cardboard. You must think I'm really cheap or something. :smiling_imp:
There were two boxes stacked on the floor. I'm sure @Paladin79 knows about your preference for double boxing.

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #83,052 of 148,569
Last night I got a few 24 bit Pink Floyd albums from HdTracks including a newly listed Dark Side of the Moon. Luckily my wife is out shopping so I am able to try the albums on speaker as well as a couple headphone systems, so far I am impressed.

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #83,053 of 148,569
It's not personal, it's simply that the reviewer in question has clearly demonstrated an inability to provide accurate and meaningful reviews of audio products. I skimmed through the review you posted and found his description of the use and sonics the Lokius to be mean-spirited and extraordinarily biased. His measurements are useless. In all the review revealed to me far more about the reviewer than the product in question. While I may or may not purchase a Lokius, I will certainly not waste my time on any further reviews by this individual.
I VERY rarely look at anything on Amir's site, but did look at this review, and some of the follow-on comments.

In his conclusion, Amir notes: "The device is also boring to look at. The older versions of this box had dancing LEDs that added fun to the experience if not some data as to what the thing was doing."

Guess I somehow missed that older, more entertaining, version.

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #83,054 of 148,569
Last night I got a few 24 bit Pink Floyd albums from HdTracks including a newly listed Dark Side of the Moon. Luckily my wife is out shopping so I am able to try the albums on speaker as well as a couple headphone systems, so far I am impressed.
I just got notice from HDTracks also. I am streaming via Qobuz at work now.
I will likely purchase via Qobuz Sublime on at least a few -- eg DSOT, WYWH, AMLoR

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #83,055 of 148,569
I just got notice from HDTracks also. I am streaming via Qobuz at work now.
I will likely purchase via Qobuz Sublime on at least a few -- eg DSOT, WYWH, AMLoR
Very close to my three choices. :ksc75smile: As Meatloaf said, two out of three ain't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back