Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 24, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #82,291 of 149,176
Three versions of Yggdrasil reminds me of Bifrost or Bifrost Uber days. Spend what you want to spend. :)

(by the way I thought for quite a long time that the name of that DAC was BIT-frost. Which is also cool.)

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #82,293 of 149,176
Three versions of Yggdrasil reminds me of Bifrost or Bifrost Uber days. Spend what you want to spend. :)

(by the way I thought for quite a long time that the name of that DAC was BIT-frost. Which is also cool.)
Bifrost is the bridge between the human world and Asgard (the world of the Norse gods) so it's a cool name, but Bit-Frost has a nice ring to it as well.

Sep 24, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #82,295 of 149,176
Bifrost is the bridge between the human world and Asgard (the world of the Norse gods) so it's a cool name, but Bit-Frost has a nice ring to it as well.
For a while I too thought it was Bitfrost. 😀

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #82,296 of 149,176
Hi Guys,
Sorry for this offtopic, but i need ask a dumb question :sweat_smile: im building a Arcade based in a Raspberry pi, for my son, and i added a small amplifier with volume knob.
but this amp is a stupid product, cause the audio imput, is located near the shaft, and it dont have enought lenght to pass through the wood panel.
I tryed add an shaft extension, but its really anoying and dont work very well, so here is the question. The amplifier have a small 50k 125mw potentiometer, and i wanna know if its ok replace it with a diferent one, with longer shaft, but the ones i can find are 50k 200mw.
I dont understand nothing about this, what will do a potentiometer with higher mw? :sweat_smile::robot::thinking:

thanks!
The 50K 200mw will work fine in place of the 50K 125mw pot.

Sep 24, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #82,297 of 149,176

That’s funny. Bifrost was the first DAC I ever bought (after a friend convinced me I needed one) and I thought it was called bit-frost too. That was my first piece if Schiit before I knew anything about the company or DACs.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #82,298 of 149,176
follow up on mini 'review' of cambridge CXC V2 CD Transport:

Pro:
sound quality noticeably better (improved clarity of voices, separation and timbre of instruments, low-level detail) than my 17+ year old sony NS500V (via it's coaxial spdif digital out) on many CD's (rest of chain is Bifrost Multibit OG / Asgard 3 / low-impedance mid-range planars).

Cons:
confirmed with Cambridge tech support that:
-- it is normal for the CXC V2 tray to not extend fully (~15mm) overhang between front panel and disc tray, so one must carefully tuck the CD down into the tray and tilt to remove it without scratching the bottom or top (data is embedded here in a thin metalized layer covered with clear coat and label printing) disc surfaces.
-- this model is more susceptible to skipping than other Cambridge units (e.g. AXC 35).

On the CD's (e.g. my copy of Jennifer Warnes, Famous Blue Raincoat) which exhibited consistent skipping on some tracks on the CXC V2 but not on the Sony :rolling_eyes: , the sound quality was nearly identical between CXC V2 and Sony. I only tested about a half dozen before the problematic Warnes disc, so don't know the average skipping rate vs the old Sony.

The CXC V2 will be going back. Hopefully, Cambridge will release a V3 version to address the tray / front panel overhang and skipping issues while maintaining outstanding sound quality.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #82,299 of 149,176
That’s funny. Bifrost was the first DAC I ever bought (after a friend convinced me I needed one) and I thought it was called bit-frost too. That was my first piece if Schiit before I knew anything about the company or DACs.
And add me to this list. I convinced a friend to buy the BITfrost and after a while he asked me if I knew there wasn’t a “T” in there…

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #82,300 of 149,176
Mfr's web site claims that rubber / EVA ones outperform cork by 3:1 under some test conditions. have you tried the rubber/ EVA ones as well?
I misspoke. The ones I have are the EVA ones.

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #82,301 of 149,176
And add me to this list. I convinced a friend to buy the BITfrost and after a while he asked me if I knew there wasn’t a “T” in there…
I have an Uber. I always thought it was Buy-frost until this forum told me it was Beef-rost.

Is the person that speak Viking still here?

Sep 25, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #82,302 of 149,176
Where y'all buy replacement fuses? The fuse in my Bifrost blew after my wife unplugged it without turning it off (siiiigh).
Looks like this has a Bussmann F1AL250V in it.

All I can find is knock-offs on Amazon..

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:43 AM Post #82,303 of 149,176
Where y'all buy replacement fuses? The fuse in my Bifrost blew after my wife unplugged it without turning it off (siiiigh).
Looks like this has a Bussmann F1AL250V in it.

All I can find is knock-offs on Amazon..
F1AL250V is the fuse specification.
F = fast acting
1A = 1 amp
L = low breaking
250V = 250 volt rating

You can use any that has F1AL250V spec and the same size.

tXYSv.png

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #82,305 of 149,176
Funny that the speed markings are German based. So it's mittelträge / träge / superträge (a umlaut), i.e. medium sluggish, sluggish, super sluggish.

Fuse.png

I'm sure everyone will find this immensely useful.
Interesting! I wonder if the TT means the same thing in Audi TT as well? I mean, Audi being a German car manufacturer and all.. :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back