Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 2, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #80,176 of 149,008
Hello Schiitheads, first post here. My name is Zach.

I ordered a Lyr 3 on the 18th and am trying to be patient. I made this purchase due in part to these forums, and others....but mostly because of @Currawong and the Passion For Sound interview.

Initially I'll pair it with my Focal Elegias - I needed a good pair of closed backs since I WFH right next to my lady friend all day. When it's safe to attend things like CanJam again though, I need to put a pair of Meze Empyreans on my ears.

Thanks for entertaining and educating lurking me for a while now.
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry for your wallet!

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #80,177 of 149,008
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry for your wallet!
Thanks. This damn pandemic reignited a longtime dormant audio bug in me.

I guess there are more expensive hobbies, but updating the living room system is going to be considerably more expensive. More on that later - I might have some specific signal path questions around bonus time.

Aug 2, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #80,179 of 149,008
Here's my other one. He doesn't really like getting his photo taken and at 17 pounds I don't really argue with him at all!!!
rocket perturbed_small.jpg
Beautiful cat! And I wouldn't argue with him either. :smile:

Aug 2, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #80,180 of 149,008
Oh my. @bcowen is going to be rich!

1627945930972.png

Aug 2, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #80,181 of 149,008
Aug 2, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #80,182 of 149,008
Depending on what retailers are near you (for the life of me I cannot recall if AL is an ABC State), both 1792 and Yellowstone beat the heck out of the 4R Yellow (and I love the 4R Yellow as well) for the same or less coin. Let your wallet (and palate) be happy! Or just give them a go for the heck of it!

Edit: Apologies, just found the AL ABC price list. 1792 is a fiver more than the 4 roses, and no Yellowstone. Sorry…

Some other tasty options at or below that price level include Evan Williams White Label (Bottled in Bond), Evan Williams Black Label, Rebel Yell 100, and Ancient Age.

All have different flavor profiles from each other, and are quite tasty. Proof varies from 80 to 100.

If you have a Costco close by the Kirkland Distillers Select Small Batch Bourbon (mouthful of a name), is quite nice for a 20 dollar, 92 proof litre.
ABC state that doesn't sell on Sundays and has a short list. All the ones Rensek listed are here, not sure about the Kirkland stuff - have to see if they are allowed.

Also I may (if I get bored) make a trip to Florida, nearest ones are a short drive across the state line.

Aug 2, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #80,184 of 149,008
Superyacht-ing? :ksc75smile:
Well, we are in CA visiting new grandson #2, and staying in Walnut Creek. Across the road is a very upmarket car deal, Aston, Maserati, Lambo, McLaren, so I wandered around on my way to lunch. I'm quite taken by the metallic orange McLaren 720S. And it is two hundredths of a second faster than my car. And a mere $400K. Nice though.

Cheers

Aug 2, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #80,185 of 149,008
Well, we are in CA visiting new grandson #2, and staying in Walnut Creek. Across the road is a very upmarket car deal, Aston, Maserati, Lambo, McLaren, so I wandered around on my way to lunch. I'm quite taken by the metallic orange McLaren 720S. And it is two hundredths of a second faster than my car. And a mere $400K. Nice though.

Cheers
See if the dealer will race for pinks. :D

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #80,188 of 149,008

Cheers
0-60 for car enthusiasts = %THD for audio enthusiasts.
Enjoy the C8. :beyersmile:

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #80,189 of 149,008

Cheers
The problem with cars like that is unless you were born into it, by the time you can afford to seriously think about owning one your knees and back are too wrecked to enjoy it. OK, I’m talking about myself.... :)

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #80,190 of 149,008
The problem with cars like that is unless you were born into it, by the time you can afford to seriously think about owning one your knees and back are too wrecked to enjoy it. OK, I’m talking about myself.... :)
Speaking of..... My sister made a "ridiculous" offer on abandoned lakefront property across her street... Long story short, accepted. Look what's in the barn......

240z.jpg

71, no interior cracks, fenders, hood and front clip intact, can't find any rust.... I smell a ragnarok / kef ls50 garage system in the very near future......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back