Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 31, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #77,611 of 149,247
I have no issue with the Mustang moniker on the Mach E. No matter what you think about it, it ain't nothing compared to this... :unamused:

Capture.JPG

There were a lot of things that had me shaking my head in the 80's. The Pontiac Korean import with the LeMans badge? Well it just pissed me off!!! :rage:

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #77,612 of 149,247
I have no issue with the Mustang moniker on the E. No matter what you think about it, it ain't nothing compared to this... :unamused:

Capture.JPG

There were a lot of things that had me shaking my head in the 80's. The Pontiac Korean import with the LeMans badge? Well it just pissed me off!!! :rage:
I'm glad to see you finally washed it. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

May 31, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #77,614 of 149,247
Any updates on the Folkvangr? Is it still going to be released?
It's probably the one head-fi item that I'm most looking forward to hearing more about, and hopefully, hearing it too!

May 31, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #77,615 of 149,247
Some may find this interesting.
I found it interesting as I enjoy these kinds of comparisons.
For me, playing the vid at 1.5x normal speed hit the sweet spot. Hit the "gear" icon on and choose Playback speed. YMMV.

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 8.36.43 PM.png

May 31, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #77,616 of 149,247
Some may find this interesting.

My take home: If your DAC needs a source more expensive than the DAC to sound good, get a better DAC :L3000:

Jun 1, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #77,617 of 149,247
A friend and co-worker is a member in a local Mustang club and he said so far members want nothing to do with this for the same reason they wanted nothing to do with the Mustang II. Just because Ford calls it a Mustang doesn't make it so in the eyes of some folks. I would rather own a Mach I than a Mach E but then I am a fan of what I grew up with. Same with Camaros, Challengers and 'Vettes. Mine is long paid for and I tend to keep things for a decade or more. Especially so something that has a great deal of memories attached to it both recent and from decades long since passed.

So if people want a Mach E, fine! I think it kinda looks like a pregnant guppy. Considering I am a bit of a "Terry the Toad" from "American Graffiti" I don't have much room to talk looks, LOL!

Agreed, Mach E is a Mustang in name only, definitely not a true Mustang... I've been a Mustang fan since I was quite young, and have continuously owned at least 1 since 1990...

I actually tried jumping ship to a 2021 Camaro recently (which I believe to be the better car) but after having 1 sold out from under me and having 2 reneged on me at the last minute went with a new Mustang instead...

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #77,618 of 149,247
Agreed, Mach E is a Mustang in name only, definitely not a true Mustang... I've been a Mustang fan since I was quite young, and have continuously owned at least 1 since 1990...

I actually tried jumping ship to a 2021 Camaro recently (which I believe to be the better car) but after having 1 sold out from under me and having 2 reneged on me at the last minute went with a new Mustang instead...
I prefer the body from 2010 through 2014. I like the new versions interiors a lot though. My friend at work has a 2020 5.0 with the 10 speed and his son has the four banger which I will NEVER go for. It sounds like a Whoopie Cushion. Some audiophile I am, I know...:L3000: Mine has the V6 with automatic 6 speed. Performance white with baseball brown leather interior. When I got it my brother had bought a Camaro SS the day before. I liked the outside of the Camaro but not the interior. I could not get a 5.0 with the auto as they were out so, I got the V6 which is plenty for me. Besides, mine reminds of my youth and that is what I want. I have been hoping Ford would return to a more retro style that pays homage to a '70 Mach I but so far they've stuck this body style out longer than the others (2005 -2009 and 2010 to 2014)which both lasted 5 model years. I have a Kenwood that interfaces with the 1st Gen Ford Synch (UGH) and use fApple CarPlay along with a portable SiriusXm receiver with it's antenna lead tied into the stock Ford one on my car. My SiriusXM is a lifetime on this radio and I also use it at home.

I am also hoping to retire in a few years so no more new vehicles for me. I need to have no car payment. I do need to take my medicines and rest so it's goodnight to all of you and I hope to wake tomorrow and see everyone again.

To all, even the one who has chosen to put me on "ignore", LOL!, in all ways and for always, be well.

Jun 1, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #77,619 of 149,247
I have no issue with the Mustang moniker on the E. No matter what you think about it, it ain't nothing compared to this... :unamused:

Capture.JPG

Bad copy of an Opel Kadett.

Jun 1, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #77,621 of 149,247
You know that blissful moment in which you own all the equipment you wanted and listen to music unmarred by the desire for more?

3 years after picking this hobby back up, that's where I'm finally at. O frabjous day, callooh callay!

I know that feeling well. It's happened off and on again for me over the last 50 years.

Give it time.

:beerchug:
JC

Jun 1, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #77,622 of 149,247
You know that blissful moment in which you own all the equipment you wanted and listen to music unmarred by the desire for more?

No. :confused:

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #77,624 of 149,247

3 years after picking this hobby back up, that's where I'm finally at. O frabjous day, callooh callay!
You are now "Master Po" and I am "grasshopper"! Well done! I think I am near that with my Mustang' sound system and home audio that is not headphone related. This is what I am seeking with my headphone set ups. That and the camaraderie I hope to establish here and in the future I hope to go to some shows. I am not yet well enough to visit T.H.E. this year but I usually go.

Enjoy the music!

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #77,625 of 149,247
It's probably the one head-fi item that I'm most looking forward to hearing more about, and hopefully, hearing it too!
Ummm...In simple, easy to understand (for me!) terms, what is it? An integrated amp with VU Meters?!

No...Mr. Stoddard would NEVER do that, LOL! I am still waiting for a "Vali of The Toad" verson set up with the much maligned (by some) VUs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back