Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 20, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #77,012 of 148,552
I’ve always been fond of russian river zins, but in Paso, try Castoro’s zins.

Sours? Ick, so it’s not just you. A nice Old Road or Moose Drool is more to my liking. Oh, and hardwood lump charcoal, please… which all shows we r all different...

How about a Russian River sour? Mmmm supplication

May 20, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #77,013 of 148,552
Why mention the POS MQA here..... it's obviously a complete sham...which Schiit is obviously not? I don't even know how ANYONE buys PS Audio gear....What a joke!
It was in accordance to a post Jason wrote.
You know... that guy who founded Schiit?

May 20, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #77,017 of 148,552
I have only experience with PS Audio power related stuff and their client support.
Both are more than excellent.
Agreed. Their entry level audio stuff (I own the Sprout100 and Strata) provides amazing bang for the buck!
Very much like Schiit (I own the Lyr3 and Loki). Two very very good companies IMHO. Very different style, though :wink:

May 20, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #77,018 of 148,552
It's also that I very much disagree with senseless manufacturer bashing.
A producer of fine equipment can have real setbacks from anti-advertising from some idiot with a chip on his shoulder who then starts influencing the forums.
Tales are made etc.. you know the drill.
It is just not good civilized, adequate, polite behaviour.
There's a few people here who do it just to score points because they somewhere lost a discussion and are too stupid to discus about it in an adult way.

May 20, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #77,019 of 148,552
just looked at the ESS datasheet for the ES9018 DAC chip (the one that Jason mentioned as a replacement for AK4490 in Fulla 4E), and it has some programmable digital filters (both FIR and IIR) on-board where you can load your own coefficients (not just a select one of eight built-in ones). Might be interesting to see what Mike, Dave, and Ivana can come up with.

the reference schematic included in the datasheet also has a couple of capacitors where the value is listed as "short" = jumper across the pins... copying that reference design into a product would result in zero signal output :) the DAC is a current output type, but has differential signals, so perhaps Schiit can develop a nice differential I-V stage for this chip for a Modius E or Bifrost 2E ?

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #77,020 of 148,552
It was in accordance to a post Jason wrote.
You know... that guy who founded Schiit?

No Schiit! 🤯

giphy.gif

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #77,025 of 148,552
No the AKM and ESS devices are not multibit.
+1. the question is whether the ESS with software and hardware (I/V and output filter stage) optimization can be made to sound less edgy / sabre-ish and at least as good as the AK4493-based Modius or possibly equal the next-tier (and more expensive) Bifrost 2 Multibit (using ADI R2R & LME49724 differential amp chips).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back