Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 23, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #75,602 of 148,096
The weekend’s here - and not a moment too soon. I’m pleased to see more newcomers logging onto our ridiculous thread (about and even more foolish). If newcomers to digital audio want a crash course on digital audio, I’d like to suggest the following resources:

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #75,607 of 148,096
Your order was NOT charged--we do not charge credit card orders before they ship, as explained in our FAQ:

Do you charge my card immediately, or when you ship?
We won’t charge your order before we ship, though we will authorize your card when you submit your order. The hold on your funds should be dropped after 3 days if we don’t ship before then.
Sorry, my first order was charged. Never sent. And canceled.
My hel 2 order. Only res.

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #75,609 of 148,096
Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #75,610 of 148,096
Sorry, my first order was charged. Never sent. And canceled.
My hel 2 order. Only res.

That was a B-stock order that looks like we ended up not having enough stock for. If you are out money from that, email orders@schiit.com and have them send you a refund, or apply the credit to the new order.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 23, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #75,611 of 148,096
Because it's been discontinued. Jason announced it on an earlier page in this thread.

Bingo. Mjolnir 2 is gone, sorry.

Sol may be next--we've turned off ordering while we are filling current backorders so we can catch up. Long delays on some parts mean we don't have firm date when ordering can resume. It may be 6+ months out. Sorry, things are crazy right now, and getting crazier. A convo with our purchasing partner today was hair-raising.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 23, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #75,612 of 148,096
A Modi Multibit without dither begins deviating significantly from a straight line by -90dB. With dither, it’s -110dB. With the same DAC. The same 16-bit DAC.
Great chapter Jason, thanks for the insight. I had a question about this specifically, and I completely understand if it's just not your forte. I was wondering if DACs themselves have some sort of dither built into the circuit or if you are adding dither to your test signal.

I just ask because mastering is a side-gig/hobby of mine, so I think about dither in terms of it being something I add to the master of a track to make it measure (and sometimes sound) gooder. I always just figured that was the end of it, the dither I printed into a mastered file is what my listeners are going to hear. But if DACs have dither themselves on the playback side, this is the first I've heard of it, and I would totally care since my goal in mastering is to make the music sound as good as possible for as many listeners as possible on as many playback systems as possible.

The dither I (usually) use is called "Dark" by Airwindows (super cool DSP dev supported by patreon that just does what he loves) and it measures (and sounds) crazy good down to like 130 db or something obscene like that. I won't profess to understand the math, but it sure beats the pants off standard TPDF.

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #75,613 of 148,096
You're telling me, I ordered mine 6 days ago when it still said 7-10 days .....
Yeah, it sucks but let's keep things in perspective. Not trying to blindly defend Schiitt but earlier on this thread I wrote a bit more about my opinion on the backorders. It did end up with an overall tone of "good things come to those who wait."

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #75,614 of 148,096
That was a B-stock order that looks like we ended up not having enough stock for. If you are out money from that, email orders@schiit.com and have them send you a refund, or apply the credit to the new order.
Already ordered a Hel2.
If you have a old åsgard 1,magni 2 or some other cheap schiit. I’ll take it.
Give me a pip. And I will paypal you.

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #75,615 of 148,096
Sol may be next--we've turned off ordering while we are filling current backorders so we can catch up. Long delays on some parts mean we don't have firm date when ordering can resume. It may be 6+ months out. Sorry, things are crazy right now, and getting crazier. A convo with our purchasing partner today was hair-raising.
Geez !!!

You may have to start selling whatever you can get parts for, just to keep the crew busy.

Like:
* LED mitigation kits
* baseball caps with brims pointed backwards, for those who like that choice
* Schiit racks to help us keep our little Schiits all neatly stacked.
* Schiit-branded BBQ sauces, implements, & aprons.
* limited edition gourmet color cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back