Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #75,271 of 148,648
You're not a real coffee drinker until you walk up to the coffee station, find a 1/2-inch of burned black sludge in the bottom of the glass Bunn carafe, dump it into your cup, add a little hot water and then back to work. Whistling a tune.
Closest I have gotten is the pot made 10am the day before, left on until it times out about noon, pour it in the mug and drink as is.

Apr 17, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #75,272 of 148,648
Apr 17, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #75,273 of 148,648
What the heck. Schiit already talking more Yiggy upgrades while Gungnir withers! What about Adapticlock? Autonomy? Remote control? Black finish? This DAC needs some love. It should be you're finest SE for under $2k.

How about it, @Jason Stoddard

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #75,274 of 148,648
My Ragnarok with serial SCH09K / K000653, every now and then, left or right speaker, gets muted with a short crackling before. Need to turn the device off to unmute.
It seems that this device belongs to one very first batch with that known failure. Hey Schiit, according to your records, does this device with serial SCH09K / K000653
belong definitely to the bad batch?
This information would make the conversation and repair process with Schiit Europe much more efficient.
Unfortunately I get only standard answers from schiit/usa support, my simple question about the serial/batch remains unanswered.

Thanks and best
How strange. My Ragnarok is at Schiit Europe with the exact same failure.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #75,277 of 148,648
Pietro, I hope you got the wink face. Many a fine bottle I have sampled. One of the most interesting was aged in a used barrel of some sort, not typical for grappa that I have met. The remark to moonshine is due to several samples appearing to have been small batch; distilled in an alembic copper pot still out back in a farmers barn. Much as calvados is in France. I would enjoy to learn more from you on grappa, and Italian moonshine, please.

Aside: You may be surprised at the diversity and quality of some moonshine. Moonshine is a loose term for a wide variety of products.
Aha, no I didn't get the joke but that's on me.
I am from the state in Italy where grappa is originally from. (Friuli-Venezia Giulia)
Now it's made (or called grappa) all over the world.
The "Old Garde" is still making it the old way with new methods.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #75,278 of 148,648
I gave Qobuz a try quite a while ago. It was better than Tidal sonically, but the user interface was absolutely awful. If they're made some strides there it may be worth another try.
Indeed. One of them being able to browse based on genre. And another some kind of "radio" with the latest arrivals.
It is asked for on every forum and via the helpdesk as long as they exist but for some reason they never care to listen to their client base.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #75,281 of 148,648
And the speakers are here. Looking forward to get some Schiit back in the living room too.

Any idea if mono Aegirs would do the job?
What is the spec of the speakers? Mono Aegir is not rated for 4 ohm.
Looks great! Now, your gf is possibly going to disapprove, but you'll be best served by getting the speakers and sub away from the wall. :smile_cat:
Probably for the speakers, but the best position for a sub is often close to the wall or at a corner to optimize bass interaction with the room.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #75,283 of 148,648
Hel 2 - a thing of beauty and sounds amazing too 🎧🔥👌IMG_0861.jpg
Great photo.

After several long evening sessions with the Hel 2, I am very impressed. Positional cues have never been better. Overall game sound has never been better. I've gotten compliments on my mic quality and I'm using a PC38X headset with no mic DSP.

I also use it to watch the occasional Twitch stream, You Tube video, and TV/movies. It has improved that as well.

A great addition not just for gaming, but general PC use as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back