Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 4, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #74,671 of 145,712
Sounds like my ideal evening, chilling at home after the kids are in bed and the missus is doing her own thing. Headphones, music, MN craft beer (perhaps wrapped up with some Islay single malt), and boxing/UFC (new or vintage) on mute on the screen in front of me).
What scotch are you drinking?
I currently have Aberlour 18 and Highland Park 12 in the house. I hope to be able to find Aberlour 16 when it's time to restock.

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #74,672 of 145,712
Sounds like my ideal evening, chilling at home after the kids are in bed and the missus is doing her own thing. Headphones, music, MN craft beer (perhaps wrapped up with some Islay single malt), and boxing/UFC (new or vintage) on mute on the screen in front of me).
What scotch are you drinking?
Tomintoul 16, since you asked!

Apr 5, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #74,673 of 145,712
More Schitt.... I bagged another Vidar on Gumtree (a local trading site) for a song. Should arrive in a few days, and it will go into the home theater with my other Vidar, each running mono from the XMC-1. They will replace the Emotiva UPA-1s for L+R channels which I will now sell on.

Of course to do that I need to take my current Vidar out of the office system, so that system will need some power from somewhere... More shopping required :relaxed:

Apr 5, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #74,674 of 145,712
More Schitt.... I bagged another Vidar on Gumtree (a local trading site) for a song. Should arrive in a few days, and it will go into the home theater with my other Vidar, each running mono from the XMC-1. They will replace the Emotiva UPA-1s for L+R channels which I will now sell on.

Of course to do that I need to take my current Vidar out of the office system, so that system will need some power from somewhere... More shopping required :relaxed:
You've got it bad @Timster :beyersmile:
Possibly a treatable condition, with early intervention, but the side effects of any such 'therapy' are fairly brutal.
Happy shopping!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #74,675 of 145,712
Schiit N Music
Story / Saturday Night continued - Sunday follow up:

The folks here are amazing.
I really do appreciate all the “good vibrations” and the advice/recommendations.

Jason, you are most kind. The local guy is well respected, my asthma Dr. (totally trusted) holds him in high regard. He is just a bit younger than I am; still very active in latest research and such and we seemed to make a connection. I will see how this goes. One and done sounds great!

I hesitated in reporting my story. Not wanting to derail thread for a personal thing.
Somehow it seemed to fit the “Story / Saturday Night continued” thoughts I have been bothering you all with, so there it is.
I know all will turn our fine, just another bump I’m my road. I have loving wife, family and friends to watch over me.
Including you guys.

Aside :wink: — it was April 4, one year ago today, since the first “Story / Saturday Night” post.
My original intent consisted of discussions on how Schiit and music would make the covid situation tolerable.
The time line has grown as has my hair. It is almost as long as it was in 1972 when I was “inspected, detected and injected” and awaiting my call up/report letter; Nixon ended that.
Maybe these postings should end.
I am however fond of Schiit N Music :)

Thanks for your tolerance and support
Enjoy the Schiit N Music
r2

On a related note, April 4 was our 20th wedding anniversary--so we went to the beach and took the boards out. That's normal, right?

Just kidding...but yeah, April 4...I think you have started a great tradition.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 5, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #74,678 of 145,712
So, I ordered a SRV double album from Amazon in March of 2020, it arrived and one of the albums had a nasty scratch in it, I sent it back a couple days later for a replacement and pretty much forgot about it. I got a notification this morning that they received the album YESTERDAY and that a replacement was in bound!

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #74,679 of 145,712
I was born with Central Apnea. Not fun. But, I use a Bi-Pap. It's much easier to get used to, as it has dual motors, so it exhales and inhales, and feels much more natural while in use.

Good luck.

Interesting. Thanks! My sleep therapist did not mention a Bipap: perhaps my situation doesn't warrant one. Or perhaps they didn't have one in stock and he sold me what he had.

Either way, it's good to know I have options.

Cheers!

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #74,680 of 145,712
Congrats on your 20th Jason, we will be celebrating 31 in June, lord knows where!
Are you referring to Jason Lord from TSAV? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #74,681 of 145,712
I was browsing USB audio interfaces this morning for upgrades to my home setup and was thinking now that Schiit is into gaming interfaces with Hel and to some extent Fulla, would there be any point in producing a no frills audio interface for streaming/podcasting setups. Something along the lines of 2x2 or 4x4 I/O's using expertise in DAC's to help up the sound quality output without breaking the bank on additional software or signal processing plugins.

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #74,684 of 145,712
On a related note, April 4 was our 20th wedding anniversary--so we went to the beach and took the boards out. That's normal, right?

Just kidding...but yeah, April 4...I think you have started a great tradition.

Congrats on your 20th Jason, we will be celebrating 31 in June, lord knows where!

Congrats to all on their anniversaries :beerchug:

And, yes it's not only normal, it's essential to staying young at heart. Absolutely take the boards out...20th...30th...40th...50th...til you can't hang ten any more! :)

We're coming up on 40 years in December. Honeymooned in Vail and thought about going back but have never skied Europe so are headed over there.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #74,685 of 145,712
Listening to this 25 minute live session has consumed much of my past week, including this morning. I've been a fan of Hania for a while. You can find her music on bandcamp - https://haniarani.bandcamp.com.

Wow. She's fantastic. Thank you for expanding our horizons with Hania and bandcamp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back