Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 3, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #74,626 of 148,518
Schiit N Music
Story / Saturday Night continued; eight (8) weeks later.
More of the same except:

Just as we are getting into the next order of things.
- Patio weather arriving.
- Garden and yard task.
- Us, family and friends vaccinated.
- Maybe an overnight visit/trip.
- Consulting job(s) starting up. One is an opportunity to work with an 80 MW solar farm project.

I started feeling bad, not covid bad, asthma, sinus and chest bad (my normal stuff). Getting a good breath progressively worsened. Normal meds and actions did not help.
Appointment with the Asthma Doctor went quickly from “your breathing is bad" to "your day is going to go down hill”.
Sent to a clinic for EKG. Told to go to Emergency Room directly (2 blocks by car) or they would call an ambulance. Spent next four (4) days in hospital.
I now have Persistent atrial fibrillation and some other stuff.
Three weeks of treatment, a follow up Cardiologist visit and now impending Cardioversion.
Life changes quick, Fun being “old and busted”.

Meanwhile my very cute (1 & 1/2 year old) granddaughter is magnificent. Still safe and sound in the UK.

Keeping up with this forum is a great pastime.
Have not felt like listening to much music or doing much of anything other than resting, watching TV/Youtube and helping with cooking & clean up.
Eating more "right" (even though we cook and eat mostly good anyway). Booze, caffeine, other pleasures stopped. This will moderate soon?

Schiit purchase list is modified. Now = Loki + and Vali 2+ on top with another Modi MB, Lyr 3 and the transport following along.
Making notes of music I should acquire, lots of ideas from here. Thank you.
Hoping most of the medical cost are covered :wink:

Jason you guys are kicking butt and taking names.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
The body has an amazing ability to heal itself given a chance. I’m post two heart attacks and five stents and feel better now than I have since my thirties. A recent chemical stress test under PET showed no sign of heart disease even though I had another cardiac artery that had been 50% blocked which is now completely clear. Take your medicine and stick around.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #74,627 of 148,518
Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #74,630 of 148,518
Stickers are so bad for the environment. Be nice if they would just hand write in the addresses.
Sure. And hand write the shipper's name and address. And the tracking number and weight and internal tracking codes and carrier account number...maybe hand-draw the bar code too. Maybe they should just write the buyer's name on the top of the chassis with a Sharpie and cross their fingers.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #74,631 of 148,518
Schiit N Music
Story / Saturday Night continued; eight (8) weeks later.
More of the same except:

Just as we are getting into the next order of things.
- Patio weather arriving.
- Garden and yard task.
- Us, family and friends vaccinated.
- Maybe an overnight visit/trip.
- Consulting job(s) starting up. One is an opportunity to work with an 80 MW solar farm project.

I started feeling bad, not covid bad, asthma, sinus and chest bad (my normal stuff). Getting a good breath progressively worsened. Normal meds and actions did not help.
Appointment with the Asthma Doctor went quickly from “your breathing is bad" to "your day is going to go down hill”.
Sent to a clinic for EKG. Told to go to Emergency Room directly (2 blocks by car) or they would call an ambulance. Spent next four (4) days in hospital.
I now have Persistent atrial fibrillation and some other stuff.
Three weeks of treatment, a follow up Cardiologist visit and now impending Cardioversion.
Life changes quick, Fun being “old and busted”.

Meanwhile my very cute (1 & 1/2 year old) granddaughter is magnificent. Still safe and sound in the UK.

Keeping up with this forum is a great pastime.
Have not felt like listening to much music or doing much of anything other than resting, watching TV/Youtube and helping with cooking & clean up.
Eating more "right" (even though we cook and eat mostly good anyway). Booze, caffeine, other pleasures stopped. This will moderate soon?

Schiit purchase list is modified. Now = Loki + and Vali 2+ on top with another Modi MB, Lyr 3 and the transport following along.
Making notes of music I should acquire, lots of ideas from here. Thank you.
Hoping most of the medical cost are covered :wink:

Jason you guys are kicking butt and taking names.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music

Sorry to hear about the AF. If you want an electrophysiologist recommendation, I can provide one from personal experience. Ablated 4 years ago now, AF gone, one and done.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 3, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #74,633 of 148,518
Sure. And hand write the shipper's name and address. And the tracking number and weight and internal tracking codes and carrier account number...maybe hand-draw the bar code too. Maybe they should just write the buyer's name on the top of the chassis with a Sharpie and cross their fingers.
I want to see Mike cross him arms and blink his eyes.

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #74,635 of 148,518
Hey all, quick update: this week we shipped over 1750 products from Corpus Christi. This is with only two products in production here, and a somewhat slim week since PCB shipments were delayed. Once all products and product variations are in-house here, that number is going to get a lot bigger. Oh, and yes, shipments this week include distributor orders.

Some wonderful magic words there:

* shipped over 1750 products
* include distributor orders

!!!

Let the Good Times Roll !

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #74,637 of 148,518
Apr 3, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #74,638 of 148,518
I think the Vidar should come with armored gloves for when it needs to be moved. Oy! those heatsinks...

Apr 4, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #74,640 of 148,518
Congratulations on your new abode. I like the view

Thanks! We moved from a 60m2 rowhouse in a packed neighborhood to a 140m2 house with a 1,4ha yard in the countryside. It’s definitely nice and quiet here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back