Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 30, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #74,356 of 145,768
As you can clearly read. I did and Im not blaming them, Im going up the schiit fountain. Your anger is obviously preventing you from reading and comprehending a statement.
Anger? I'm not angry. I'm laughing at you. :)

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #74,358 of 145,768
@Unfoldizzle,

A good "analogy" is the gaming industry with incomplete games at launch.

Imagine if Schiit had given you a solid date (i.e. Mar 15th 2021). If for whatever reason (supplier running late on parts, snow storm in Texas delays new Schiit facility, etc.) they cannot deliver a complete, working, and quality-control tested product by Mar 15th 2021, would you prefer they send you an incomplete, defective, and/or untested product? Even if they promise they'd send the rest of the parts and/or exchange it for a finished product next month?

I'd personally rather wait for the complete product. I know the waits can be frustrating. I don't like to wait either. But all I have to tell myself is this:

For something I do not NEED (rather it's something I WANT), I can patiently wait for it. If the wait is turning out to be too long, one can always email Schiit, cancel the order, and buy something else. How long one is willing to wait depends on each person.

Also, according to Schiit, things are gonna get better with regards to backorder/wait times when the Texas site is up and running with more products built there.

PS: I guess @Jason Stoddard should probably add a disclaimer on the website that backorder / ship dates are ESTIMATES ONLY. It's kind of common sense but I guess it should be written down to avoid issues like this in the future.

EDIT: Found it on the FAQs. Ha. Guess Jason is way ahead of me.

What if there’s a note under the “Add to Cart” button that reads “Backordered, estimated shipping date February 2017,” or, “In Production, estimated shipping in 5-7 business days, or “Aliens have invaded California and are holding the Schiit facility, no shipping is anticipated for the duration.”
The first line on the product page is always the stocking status of the product, In order, the stocking statuses outlined above mean:
1. The product is on backorder, and we think it will ship in February 2017. Our backorders usually aren’t that long. But please note the “estimated.” This means, in English, “guess.” We guess wrong sometimes.
2. The product has begun production, and will be shipping in 5-7 business days, unless a meteor hits the PC board assembly house or something else unexpected happens. Yes, unexpected stuff does happen.
3. The products may be being consumed or transformed into antimatter weapons for use by the aliens. We have no control over this. However, we believe the probability of this happening is relatively low.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #74,359 of 145,768
You forgot the:

/s

Anger? I'm not angry. I'm laughing at you. :)

@Unfoldizzle,

A good "analogy" is the gaming industry with incomplete games at launch.

Imagine if Schiit had given you a solid date (i.e. Mar 15th 2021). If for whatever reason (supplier running late on parts, snow storm in Texas delays new Schiit facility, etc.) they cannot deliver a complete, working, and quality-control tested product by Mar 15th 2021, would you prefer they send you an incomplete, defective, and/or untested product? Even if they promise they'd send the rest of the parts and/or exchange it for a finished product next month?

I'd personally rather wait for the complete product. I know the waits can be frustrating. I don't like to wait either. But all I have to tell myself is this:

For something I do not NEED (rather it's something I WANT), I can patiently wait for it. If the wait is turning out to be too long, one can always email Schiit, cancel the order, and buy something else. How long one is willing to wait depends on each person.

Also, according to Schiit, things are gonna get better with regards to backorder/wait times when the Texas site is up and running with more products built there.

PS: I guess @Jason Stoddard should probably add a disclaimer on the website that backorder / ship dates are ESTIMATES ONLY. It's kind of common sense but I guess it should be written down to avoid issues like this in the future.

EDIT: Found it on the FAQs. Ha. Guess Jason is way ahead of me.

What if there’s a note under the “Add to Cart” button that reads “Backordered, estimated shipping date February 2017,” or, “In Production, estimated shipping in 5-7 business days, or “Aliens have invaded California and are holding the Schiit facility, no shipping is anticipated for the duration.”
The first line on the product page is always the stocking status of the product, In order, the stocking statuses outlined above mean:
1. The product is on backorder, and we think it will ship in February 2017. Our backorders usually aren’t that long. But please note the “estimated.” This means, in English, “guess.” We guess wrong sometimes.
2. The product has begun production, and will be shipping in 5-7 business days, unless a meteor hits the PC board assembly house or something else unexpected happens. Yes, unexpected stuff does happen.
3. The products may be being consumed or transformed into antimatter weapons for use by the aliens. We have no control over this. However, we believe the probability of this happening is relatively low.

I completely agree. But a single problem with faq. It doesn't address when the estimate has changed 3 times (for a span of 60 days), and most likely a 4th is coming on April 22nd. Its like crowd funding a product thats already actually in production.

So per faq: Did a meteor hit the schiit pc board assembly house 3 times? If so where is the update for the many people waiting. Silence on products and using generic responses is not the way to help customers. Im cool with being called a karen, or I want a pony, cool. But there is still not a solid estimate. Its a loophole that keeps going.

Not informing people of whats actually up is a big problem. I would be more sympathetic to hear delays are actually due to this rather saying "its covid, and other issues".

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #74,360 of 145,768
Not informing people of whats actually up is a big problem. I would be more sympathetic to hear delays are actually due to this rather saying "its covid, and other issues".
If you had come on this forum and actually read some of the posts by Jason Stoddard where he discussed the delays at length rather than just start whining about how you are not getting what you want then maybe people would take you more seriously. But as it is your very first post is "an open letter" and you come off like a troll. You may not be one, but you are presenting as one. I suggest you go back and read a few of Jason's recent chapters in this thread.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #74,361 of 145,768
I completely agree. But a single problem with faq. It doesn't address when the estimate has changed 3 times (for a span of 60 days), and most likely a 4th is coming on April 22nd. Its like crowd funding a product thats already actually in production.

So per faq: Did a meteor hit the schiit pc board assembly house 3 times? If so where is the update for the many people waiting. Silence on products and using generic responses is not the way to help customers. Im cool with being called a karen, or I want a pony, cool. But there is still not a solid estimate. Its a loophole that keeps going.

Do you want them to waste time with email / website updates every time a backorder changes? Or just keep making and shipping Schiit?? More updates slows Schiit down even more. I agree the ordering pages backorder and ship estimates may not always be accurate, but I think Jason has been super communicative and transparent in this thread. Way more than I can say for any other company I can think of.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #74,363 of 145,768
Hi!
How warm is a asgard 2?
Has order one.
Can i put it under my tv like my magni 3?
The tv are about 3 inch wide under.
Welcome to the thread, @Stevko . The Asgard 2 gets unnervingly warm. It won't cause your TV's housing to blister. I keep my beast's top air holes clear (to allow convective cooling). Your potentiometer (volume knob) will also get very warm to the touch. Again, normal... and no risk of magic blue smoke. Re: 3 inch clearance? That should be okay. My 2 cents...

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #74,364 of 145,768
Agree. I have a genetic skin disorder that renders me sensitive to heat (not a big deal), but the wife washes dishes at temps I cannot cope with. But A2 is now settled in at 117, sounding great! Still hotter than I want to hang on to. I can change volume no problem, don’t need to do anything else. And hey, in the summer, it’s about at equilibrium with temps outside for both of us! 😂

Edit: the plate with vent holes on top is at 134F. A2 doesn’t drive my Sundara nearly as easily as A3 or Lyr3, but i still love this (Space heater status notwithstanding)!
That's what I'm noticing with my Lyr 3. It'll drive all my cans without a sweat. I won't give up my A2. It's big. Bold. And gloriously inefficient. :ksc75smile:

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #74,365 of 145,768
Just this morning I got word that a critical supplier on a major installation project here in Phoenix had all of their field techs ordered to home quarantine because one of their supervisors is suddenly in the hospital with Covid. Now all my other subs are doing the contact-tracing dance to see if anyone else had contact with this person. AND my project schedule is suddenly pushed out 2 weeks or so. Covid is no joke.
Yep, trying to get this project off the ground and some suppliers/technical resources are stuck remote due to travel restrictions. Add in suppliers stating they have no idea if they can deliver 7 figure piece of equipment in a year's time due to unknown AC VVVF w/ regen drive (btw the features on modern drives are neat, much nicer than old DC contactors w/trolley controllers) availability due to the silicon issues. If these companies are having issues procuring parts, I can't imagine the issues Jason and crew are having.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #74,366 of 145,768
The end is nigh...on page 4856
  • magical thinking
  • anything said in Latin sounds profound
  • passing trucks
  • WFH
So a standard "Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up" page

Now ~100 pages to go...the last push to the page 4956
Stick with it. It's an epic... and is worth reading. :)

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #74,368 of 145,768
Open letter to no one in particular:

I've had it up to here with the world not revolving around me. This is not only unacceptable and unfair, it also goes against what my mom told me when I was little: "you can do anything you want, the world is your oyster, Santa is real".

I DEMAND this situation be fixed IMMEDIATELY or I'll throw my toys out the window.

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #74,369 of 145,768
Open letter to no one in particular:

I've had it up to here with the world not revolving around me. This is not only unacceptable and unfair, it also goes against what my mom told me when I was little: "you can do anything you want, the world is your oyster, Santa is real".

I DEMAND this situation be fixed IMMEDIATELY or I'll throw my toys out the window.

Direct me to your window so I can try and catch some free stuff.

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #74,370 of 145,768
An open letter to Schiit
@Jason Stoddard

Dear Schiit,

Covid has been raging on for over a year now. That excuse is not as strong as you think now. Next thing you'll blame the schiit container ship that was stuck in the Suez for this. Chip shortages are primarily on gpus and more computer oriented products. Even drop, which primarily focuses on mass orders that ships after its manufactured, shipped earlier than expected. I ordered from them around late February with a similar type of product. Covid is a "schiit" excuse now...I don't want an assumption on inventory (There's a famous saying that I won't repeat about assuming). I want a solid date of when it will be shipped, not a back ordered date that keeps changing every couple of weeks. First time is okay, I get that. 2nd Time, okay a bit frustrating but schiit happens... 3rd time you're making an a** out of me. 80 + days is not acceptable for lead times. That's almost a full quarter. I've seen products become end of life faster than you guys are shipping schiit out.

If you cannot find where to get stuff manufactured, then get a new manufacturer or start manufacturing in house. If it's a management issue, then obviously someone has to take credit for this major stain that's been left on the shipping department rather than blaming covid. Ive read somewhere that 95% of the manufacturing industries are back to normal operation. I'm not blaming the shipping department for this obvious schiit show, but somebody does need to get their schiit together. This is an open letter to the higher ups at schiit.

P.S. Canceling is not an option. I want my schiit..
Please be careful not to injure yourself when you step down from your entitlement pedestal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back