Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 21, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #73,831 of 145,712
Hey all, a disclaimer: "released to production" does not necessarily mean "imminent."
Thanks for that clarification, as I've been refreshing the Schiit.com website, every 3 seconds, hoping the Product page will refresh with the new gear listed...! :L3000:

Mar 21, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #73,832 of 145,712
Thanks for that clarification, as I've been refreshing the Schiit.com website, every 3 seconds, hoping the Product page will refresh with the new gear listed...! :L3000:
I’ve been checking my email every day since late January hoping to hear about Urd beta testing. I know there’s a lot interested but I keep hoping! Plus the Tyr amp has got me very intrigued! Well the Loki Max is definitely going to happen eventually. And eventually I want to move on from two tubes on my Mjolnir to 10 tubes.... I think I have a problem.

Mar 21, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #73,833 of 145,712
I’ve been checking my email every day since late January hoping to hear about Urd beta testing. I know there’s a lot interested but I keep hoping! Plus the Tyr amp has got me very intrigued! Well the Loki Max is definitely going to happen eventually. And eventually I want to move on from two tubes on my Mjolnir to 10 tubes.... I think I have a problem.
not enough matched spare tubes ??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(couldn't help myself...like having cats and leaving a door unlatched and cracked open...)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #73,834 of 145,712
Disclaimer on the disclaimer: "fairly expensive" is still in our terms. As in, everything I mentioned will be 4 figures...but they will all start with "1". So the high end of the high end can go back to snickering in their 30-year Springbank (1996 release.)

And this is why I love Schiit - great products at reasonable/sensible prices.

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #73,836 of 145,712
...{snip}....If they choose to nuke the whole thread, well, that's on you. Less writing for me. Thanks for reducing my workload....{snip}....
Christ almighty. Why are users trying to piss off our thread-starter? I don't get it. I really, REALLY hope face-to-face headphone conferences safely resume... eventually. If this thread implodes, that'll be a pity. Pshhh, I'll go back to marking student labs. :triportsad:

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #73,837 of 145,712
Christ almighty. Why are users trying to piss off our thread-starter? I don't get it. I really, REALLY hope face-to-face headphone conferences safely resume... eventually. If this thread implodes, that'll be a pity. Pshhh, I'll go back to marking student labs. :triportsad:
Oh, I'm not irritated. I'm amused.

Basically, I've decided that I'm just not gonna moderate for politics.This site has very specific proscriptions against politics. If the mods of this site choose to nuke this thread because you can't behave, then that's fine by me. Less work to do.

So I'll sit back and watch, and if there's a lot of posts deleted, or if this whole thing is killed, well, that's on you. I'll have a good laugh, and end up with more time to make schiit.

Here's my interpretation: best to behave, and ignore all stuff that doesn't fit your filters. And that includes all sides. I don't particularly care if you are convinced you're (a) right, (b) on the correct side, (c) absolutely the hammer of god, (d) the definitive guardian of social justice, (e) all of the above. My politics are that we make audio gear, and we hope you enjoy it. And that's the end of that.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 21, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #73,838 of 145,712
My politics are that we make audio gear, and we hope you enjoy it. And that's the end of that.
Be honest, now, that's not entirely true. You also drive 'Vettes. Or is that more religion than politics? :)

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #73,839 of 145,712
Be honest, now, that's not entirely true. You also drive 'Vettes. Or is that more religion than politics? :)
Used to be religion. Now more objectivist and subjectivist nirvana. A nice metaphor for what we'd like to do. I've always thought we make the Camaros and Corvettes of the audio world. And crap, now I've probably irritated someone on the political side. Because I don't know why. Except maybe fossil fuels. But I already said I'd buy a Tesla when they do a 2-door convertible. Well, one that isn't $250K and unobtanium. So argh. Whatever.

But, to turn this up to 11, I just reported my own post with a message to the site mods:

There's been a low-level left vs right thing going on in this thread for a while. I don't particularly care. If you guys care, I get it. If you want to kill posts or the whole thread, I get it. I'm not gonna moderate for politics. I've asked people to be nice. We'll see how it goes.

So again, if this thread gets killed, it's your bag.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 21, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #73,840 of 145,712
@Jason Stoddard FWIW I think that through all 4923 pages of this thread the members have self-moderated very nicely. A few outliers here and there but still way more polite than most forums.

I'm proud to be a member here and I hope it doesn't get nuked.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #73,841 of 145,712
Well I hope the thread doesn't get killed. As a current Tesla owner who used to drive a CL600 and before that a Quattroporte (talk about a couple of fossil fuel hogs) I say anyone who reads politics into car talk needs to get a life. By the way I am expecting delivery of my Mustang Mach E in May. I'm hooked on electrics.

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #73,843 of 145,712
Used to be religion. Now more objectivist and subjectivist nirvana. A nice metaphor for what we'd like to do. I've always thought we make the Camaros and Corvettes of the audio world. And crap, now I've probably irritated someone on the political side. Because I don't know why. Except maybe fossil fuels. But I already said I'd buy a Tesla when they do a 2-door convertible. Well, one that isn't $250K and unobtanium. So argh. Whatever.

But, to turn this up to 11, I just reported my own post with a message to the site mods:

There's been a low-level left vs right thing going on in this thread for a while. I don't particularly care. If you guys care, I get it. If you want to kill posts or the whole thread, I get it. I'm not gonna moderate for politics. I've asked people to be nice. We'll see how it goes.

So again, if this thread gets killed, it's your bag.

@Jason Stoddard , at this point the thread is integral to the history of Head-Fi. If it gets killed it will be a very sad day. I get it that Schiit doesn't need it anymore for marketing purposes, but think of your loyal fans (especially the ones who are steering clear of politics)!

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #73,844 of 145,712
Well I hope the thread doesn't get killed. As a current Tesla owner who used to drive a CL600 and before that a Quattroporte (talk about a couple of fossil fuel hogs) I say anyone who reads politics into car talk needs to get a life. By the way I am expecting delivery of my Mustang Mach E in May. I'm hooked on electrics.

A friend loaned me a Model 3 for most of a weekend and, yeah, I'm hooked as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back