Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 21, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #73,772 of 148,581
Another update: gonna be a crazy year. Tyr (AKA biggus ampius) released to production, as well as Loki Max and Folkvangr (10 tube headphone amp), and another one on the inexpensive end of things, and Urd beta now in production, and a couple other things. Plus next week. And a couple weeks after that.

Buckle. The. ****. Up.

(Standard disclaimers apply: things may be delayed due to my incompetence/supply chain/aliens/more COVIDs/meteors or other end-of-the-world scenarios, whatever.)

Tyr being the one-armed god of war, is this the mono-only big power amp that had been teased before?

Mar 21, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #73,773 of 148,581
I experimented further and so far the best setup was to use a Weiduka AC8.8 for only the JBL LSR 305.

This lessens (but not completely eliminate) the chance that the Eitr would switch on/off by itself when the LSR 305 are being switched on/off,

As a bonus, this completely eliminates the chance that the Eitr would switch on/off by itself due to other factors (e.g. bathroom lights being used); it seems to me that the JBL LSR 305 is sensitive to such factors, which then causes them to affect the Eitr

What power conditioners should I try next?

Mar 21, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #73,774 of 148,581
Another update: gonna be a crazy year. Tyr (AKA biggus ampius) released to production, as well as Loki Max and Folkvangr (10 tube headphone amp), and another one on the inexpensive end of things, and Urd beta now in production, and a couple other things. Plus next week. And a couple weeks after that.

Buckle. The. ****. Up.

(Standard disclaimers apply: things may be delayed due to my incompetence/supply chain/aliens/more COVIDs/meteors or other end-of-the-world scenarios, whatever.)
Wow!
Thanks for the update Jason.
I 'need' a Loki Max :relaxed:
I don't even own a pair of headphones, but that could all change with the Folkvangr...
And then there's Urd.
Could be an expensive year :beyersmile:

Hats off for creating more great Schiit to tempt us all with.
I hope that some of these products will be available in UK before too long.

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #73,775 of 148,581
I had the opposite experience with getting a Real ID (I got it prior to Covid which practically shut the DMV offices down here). Went to the DMV with passport and birth certificate in-hand, and while the line for "regular" licenses was 50 people deep, I walked right up to the desk for the Real ID processing. Was in and out of there in 15 minutes. Most of the time with DMV offices around here you wait more than 15 minutes just to get in line...
Too late now, but a passport card is realid. As is a passport, though carrying one around sucks.

Mar 21, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #73,776 of 148,581
Guys, I need to buy some of these for cable management but I have no idea what to search for. Does anybody know what they're called?

D55eVTb.jpg

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #73,777 of 148,581
Guys, I need to buy some of these for cable management but I have no idea what to search for. Does anybody know what they're called?

D55eVTb.jpg
Zip tie

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #73,780 of 148,581

Brilliant, thank you!

How many do you need? I have some laying around but not more than maybe a dozen.

Thank you for offering. I didn't really estimate how many I need, but I would imagine that shipping them from Florida to Hungary would be inconvenient compared to me just buying a bunch locally. Appreciate it, though; thanks again.

Mar 21, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #73,781 of 148,581
I have one that I use as a power strip since it's there ... inherited from a friend ... but I've never used it for audio improvement if that's your angle.

I elminated ground loops and most noise by plugging into a $150 battery backup / surge protector from amazon.

If you like I can try to create a problem with my system and see if the isobar solves it.

(in case anyone is wondering if I'm ready for the vaccine, my willingness to create problems in my audio gear for lols should clarify things for you)

And props to @Jason for dropping not one but 3 hints about things to come. I think the gonads on my Suolo mono's shriviled up a little at ten tube headphone amplifier though ...

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #73,785 of 148,581

D55eVTb.jpg
I would highly NOT recommend zip ties for cable manglement, I recommend Velcro (brand name) wraps since it is a lot easier to adjust after you put them on, zip ties you need to cut and use another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back