Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 2, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #72,556 of 145,768
Nope. Not gonna do it. Not gonna buy this to replace my Loki OG. Uh-uh. No way. I'm gonna wait for Loki Max.

Maybe I'll just go to Schiit.com and peruse their site for a little bit. No harm in doing that, right? :unamused:
A b-stock Loki-mini OG appeared a few weeks ago, I hesitated a bit to click on the 'buy' button, and someone snagged it... oh well, guess I have to buy the new improved version now :)

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #72,558 of 145,768
@Jason Stoddard for Loki Mini+, CA or TX final assembly & test? (cheaper shipping for me if CA???)

CA to start, TX soon. We'll be making Magnis and Modis later this month here, then bringing in additional models before summer.

Plus, we'll be shipping with "Built in Corpus Christi" or "Built in Santa Clarita" stickers soon. I know that makes all the difference, LOL.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 2, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #72,559 of 145,768
CA to start, TX soon. We'll be making Magnis and Modis later this month here, then bringing in additional models before summer.

Plus, we'll be shipping with "Built in Corpus Christi" or "Built in Santa Clarita" stickers soon. I know that makes all the difference, LOL.

Man, this is going to turn into Discogs: the Jacksonville pressing is so much better than Coffeyville

Mar 2, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #72,560 of 145,768
Mar 2, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #72,561 of 145,768
So how do you know whether to play it safe or start over? By taking the time to think about what you need, rather than engaging in make-work.
  • Make-work is when you start a new design because it’s been a year or two or three, and you think you need a new design.
  • Make-work is when you start a new design because you’re bored, and it might be fun to try something.
  • Make-work is when someone asks you “why don’t you do it this way,” and you decide to try it, without figuring if it might be a good idea first.

Cf: the Gugnir discussions.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #72,563 of 145,768

I want a sample of TX BBQ, if I get a Corpus Christi built product. So Schiit needs a new shipping container, capable of handling dry ice, for keeping the BBQ fresh and tasty...! :grin:

Mar 2, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #72,564 of 145,768
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #72,567 of 145,768
Nope. Not gonna do it. Not gonna buy this to replace my Loki OG. Uh-uh. No way. I'm gonna wait for Loki Max.

Maybe I'll just go to Schiit.com and peruse their site for a little bit. No harm in doing that, right? :unamused:
you gotta wait until they are built in TX first (and then USPS / FedEx will probably send your items on a four-states-tour thru NM, AZ, CA, and back around, just because)

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #72,569 of 145,768
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #72,570 of 145,768
Yes, all it takes is for one low-level XLR cable connector to be made up incorrectly and you can turn your system into an AM radio receiver. :)
Yes and even when correctly cabled he was mentioning leakage which builds up with many connections/ground points so he designed it to have few as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back