Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 2, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #72,541 of 149,142
Nope. Not gonna do it. Not gonna buy this to replace my Loki OG. Uh-uh. No way. I'm gonna wait for Loki Max.

Maybe I'll just go to Schiit.com and peruse their site for a little bit. No harm in doing that, right? :unamused:

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #72,542 of 149,142
Nice! The Loki original is great! This makes it so easy to fix minor signature flaws in your chain.

Now we just need a fully balanced Loki to stack with the Gungnir/Mjolnir :wink:

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #72,544 of 149,142
Omg when is the loki max coming out? Lol
So curious about this one!! My Gumby/Mj2 stack will be around for ever. Love it. A Loki to go with it would be the cherry on top for sure.

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #72,545 of 149,142
Cool. I can’t wait for Lokiest (whatever-it-shall-be-named) to put in my two-channel system. As much as I love my music room, imperfections abound, and the thought of quality remote control EQ has me grinning ear to ear.

In the meantime, I need to decide whether to get the Mini+ to replace the one in my headphone setup, and gift the original to my son. I mean he is going off to college in the fall and needs a proper system for the dorm, right? (Oh the rationalizations one uses for new toys!)

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #72,546 of 149,142
As the #1 barker for the Loki Max — you’re all welcome :) (when it hits)

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #72,548 of 149,142
1.5H is a choke not just an inductor! :) Sounds like a cool product, looking forward to it.
edzwxzyj7r9dea3h4vl4.jpg

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #72,549 of 149,142
Jason, thanks for the update information on the new Loki Mini+

I have been contemplating the Loki Mini for a while.

The improvements just made my mind up, especially the black option.

Just ordered and am looking forward to making improvements to my system!

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #72,550 of 149,142
I for one would actually prefer the "Goldilocks Loki"...
  • The size of the Lyr3 / Jot / Saga.
  • Don't care about balanced
  • Need to see more details on the Loki Max crazy bells and whistles --> I am guessing I would not need half of them!
  • Price 5x (instead of 10x) that of the Loki Mini+
Basically, a subset and cost reduction of the Loki Max!
I hope @Jason Stoddard is listening :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #72,554 of 149,142
I had to yank the BF2 from the bedroom setup but spent the day listening using the SE outs through the Freya S and Vidar. With the universal caveat that listening is so individually subjective, here’s my impression: Both are wonderful DACs but I have to say there is no beating Yggy. The biggest difference is the width and breadth of the soundstage, better three-dimensional imaging of the instruments, subtlety of attack and decay. The Bifrost had a more forward presentation.

Is Yggdrasil worth the price difference? Could I quantify it to be $1,750 better? I think such comparisons are impossible to do. That said, Yggdrasil is better, whether you use SE or balanced, and by the end of the day I missed it. All that said, I still find it remarkable that BF2 is so good at the price, and in a remarkably compact size. Yggy is large and that always has to be a consideration, though for two channel setups that’s usually not as much of an issue.

Props for doing that. Thank you. It is indeed the $1,750 question.

I wish @Jason Stoddard would comment whether Gungnir 2 is on the horizon (or not), available in black. Or whether Schiit is going to put out a more compact Yiggy with über SE-outputs that aren't in an way gimped; priced like the Chord Qutest (but providing Schiit sound).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back