Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 28, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #72,451 of 148,558
Feb 28, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #72,453 of 148,558
Based on absolutely nothing other that a wild-ass guess, I predict Gungnir 2 will incorporate Nexus or a Nexus-like topology for handling SE and balanced in/out. 😏

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #72,455 of 148,558
Since people are just wishing for things here’s mine:
I want an integrated amp.
Essentially, a good, dead quiet preamp
Schiit’s fancy relay volume control
Built-in multibit dac with unison usb, coax and optical inputs
Aegir power
Dual preamp outputs for my subs AND if I want to use a different amp
All single-ended
All in one box.
I would stretch to $2k for this.

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #72,456 of 148,558
Since people are just wishing for things here’s mine:
I want an integrated amp.
Essentially, a good, dead quiet preamp
Schiit’s fancy relay volume control
Built-in multibit dac with unison usb, coax and optical inputs
Aegir power
Dual preamp outputs for my subs AND if I want to use a different amp
All single-ended
All in one box.
I would stretch to $2k for this.
I fully support this

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #72,457 of 148,558
One of the output options on Freya S was/is "Nexus 1X (Nexus Stage, OdB gain)".
Although 1X measures 6-7db higher than passive noted in reviews. It's nice to have 3 choices for different music. Mine stays at 4X the majority of the time but I am driving Maggies! Cheers

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #72,458 of 148,558
Wanting to free up a bit of space in my audio rack, a while ago I had set aside my Vahalla 2 (and along with it my HD800). I have a Bifrost 2 that I use with both an old Jot and Lyr 3 in the bedroom. It's been my go to headphone setup for a couple of years now. My Yggdrasil is my workhorse for my two-channel system and I have never really used it at all for headphones. Well, today, on a whim -- and because I had a work project for which I wanted on headphones to help block out noise around the house -- I pulled out the Vahalla 2 and the HD 800s and hooked them up to the SE output on my Yggdrasil.

And, holy mackerel, what have I been missing? My jaw just dropped. This is by far the best sound and soundstage the HD 800 phones have ever had. (Yggy has both the A2 and Unison upgrades.) I think Aleza is right: there's precious little difference between balanced and SE output, at least to my ears. Now, I'm debating which kidney to sell so I can get a Yggdrasil for the bedroom setup. Ha!

Question for the group -- has anyone used Jotenheim 2 with Yggdrasil?

(Hope things continue to stabilize in TX, Jason.)

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #72,459 of 148,558
  • Get rid of Yiggy GS.
  • Get rid of Gungnir Multibit? I mean the thing still is NOT EVEN available in black like everything else! It has felt like an end-of-life product for a while!
Nononononono don’t get rid of Gumby. Even though I own one, I would feel bad for everyone who couldn’t get one. You should get one - in fact, it’s the exact device you’re asking for. Price, capabilities. Some people prefer Gumby to Yggdrasil (even with all the new unison, A2, etc). Horses for courses, please!

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #72,460 of 148,558
All good things must come to an end... even Gumby. It's pretty long in the tooth and well past due for a refresh.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #72,462 of 148,558
My Gumby isn't a Gumby yet. Don't kill it before I get the chance...! :xf_eek:
But Gumby (and Pokey) have been off air for years!
gumby-and-pokey.jpg

Feb 28, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #72,464 of 148,558
All good things must come to an end... even Gumby. It's pretty long in the tooth and well past due for a refresh.
I'm wishing for an evolutionary update in a newer Freya style chassis and it would look good under my "S"!

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #72,465 of 148,558
Gumby is way long in the tooth. And not even available in black. Kill it and replace the ugly step child. People consider BF2 or Yiggy at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back