Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 23, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #72,212 of 148,616
Ever listen to rock n roll lol?

I'm aware that most, if not all, of my rock 'n' roll heroes had/have drug issues.

However, I'm not aware of any of them who are actively marketing their own brand of drugs to their fan base.

I'm not opposed to the use of medical marijuana or even recreational use.

I am opposed to using one's celebrity status to increase drug or alcohol use. I'm realize that the fall from my high horse may cause personal injuries.

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #72,213 of 148,616
Nope, I can play files from my library that are M4A. Not sure on the others, but that definitely works :)
Good to know. Thanks!

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #72,214 of 148,616
Man, I hear a "grandpa Bcowen story" coming: "Kids, when I was your age, I didn't get to go to school. I had to work in the t'backy fields all day and half the night. Had to walk there, too, six miles out and seven miles home. In the snow. And don't even talk to me about shoes..."
You missed out 'uphill both ways'. :)

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #72,215 of 148,616
I always stream non-MQA versions when available, and even on MQA versions I always choose the option to stream CD quality. No idea whether that is related, but Tidal through Audirvana sound pretty good to me (alas, I have no Qbouz to compare it to.)
Thing is, more and more albums are moving to MQA and CD versions get removed. (you can still play cd quality, though by choosing that in settings).

I think MQA needs to die fast and if Spotify goes cd quality I'm ditching Tidal with a quickness.
I'm not touching Bezo's stuff, f@k that guy.

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #72,216 of 148,616
Man, I hear a "grandpa Bcowen story" coming: "Kids, when I was your age, I didn't get to go to school. I had to work in the t'backy fields all day and half the night. Had to walk there, too, six miles out and seven miles home. In the snow. And don't even talk to me about shoes..."
Had to walk there, too, six miles out and seven miles home...uphill...both ways! :wink:

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #72,219 of 148,616
On a different note, has the like button disappeared for anyone else? I have tried requesting the desktop site and rotating my phone but nothing...
Yep, I just thought I was just shadowbanned.
You missed out 'uphill both ways'. :)
I had a summer job staffing a Scout Camp Dining Hall that I can be literal with that - there was a valley between the dining hall and provided lodging.

Feb 23, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #72,220 of 148,616
re: drugs and music. I guess I am simply not a puritan. Or rather, it does not bother me in the least. It's been part of the industry since the 18th century. YMMV. As long as the judgement is not racial then knock yourself out, feel however you choose to feel. When it becomes racial is when we will have problems.

Feb 23, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #72,221 of 148,616
I'm looking forward to Spotify's "CD quality" tier. I hope that it doesn't break Qobuz's back but I think it's a good thing to have more lossless choices. It's going to be an interesting year for streaming.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #72,222 of 148,616
re: drugs and music. I guess I am simply not a puritan. Or rather, it does not bother me in the least. It's been part of the industry since the 18th century. YMMV. As long as the judgement is not racial then knock yourself out, feel however you choose to feel. When it becomes racial is when we will have problems.

If it were not for the affect of drugs on Music, Disco might have started in the 60's and lasted 3 decades. :astonished:

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #72,223 of 148,616
... or a hooker.
A hooker approached me. "For $500, I'll do anything".

"Paint my apartment, I said". Not a bad job, I did have to touch up a few places.

"I'll be here all week, thanks."

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #72,224 of 148,616
If it were not for the affect of drugs on Music, Disco might have started in the 60's and lasted 3 decades. :astonished:

The music of the 60's was enormously better than disco, in part because of the drugs.

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #72,225 of 148,616
I'm researching a Pi-based Roon endpoint for a Bifrost Multibit/Valhalla 2 headphone stack. I am assuming the use of a HAT to improve the quality of the signal. While I am aware of units like the Allo Digione Signature that should give out a clean SPDIF signal, I also realize that I could upgrade the Bifrost with a Unison board and get as good if not better quality of input signal handling via USB--thing is, do I still need a HAT to isolate a clean USB signal from the inherently noisy Pi board? If so, any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back