Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 26, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #70,817 of 148,442
A Texan vouched for me. Membership is a given now. You hear that Mr Cowen? Your membership is still pending.

Wait....what?? You just got here and you're already getting a membership? I'm complaining to management. And you best get a periscope for that golf cart. :rage:

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #70,818 of 148,442
Have a brilliant idea... If If I have to say myself. (I'll bet Jason had this already btw).

How about a Raegirnarok integrated amp based off of Aegir? Nexus in the preamp section so you can have XLR in, but only one amp.

I think I get what you’re saying - Nexus pre amp combined with Continuity power amp in one chassis. But have you heard Rag 2? Because it’s pretty damn good the way it is.

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #70,819 of 148,442
I think I get what you’re saying - Nexus pre amp combined with Continuity power amp in one chassis. But have you heard Rag 2? Because it’s pretty damn good the way it is.
I dunno whether we’re looking at a Nexus/Continuity S integrated, which would probably be Rag 3, or just a Continuity S power amp (or both!), but it’s hard not to see Jason’s comments as showing a hankering to fix this “droop” problem he keeps talking about in a higher-wattage context.

Jan 26, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #70,820 of 148,442
Does the Yggy need space on top? Thinking GS ... anyone do the GS? Seems like a huge value in the line up which is a huge value to begin with!
Don’t know from first hand experience but the GS does seem like great value. Since it comes with Gen5 USB and not Unison though I’d probably look to feed it via AES if possible (pi2aes is a great option).

also sounds like reading the FAQ you should make sure whatever you plug it into has high input impedance.

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #70,821 of 148,442
... as well as BBQ steak.

I knew he was an imposter. Texans grill our steaks. Yes, the reverse-sear followed by searing is still grilling, not bbq.

Also @UntilThen welcome to the audio/bbq/cats/dogs/liquor/sine-wave/hovercraft/Roon-not Roon/MQA is evil/HiRes is bad for you/toobs forum :beerchug:

Jan 26, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #70,826 of 148,442
Re: Continuity/Nexus integrated talk.

I keep hoping we will see something like this. Ive asked for it a time or five. Oversimplifying here but basically Jot 2 with speaker taps. I keep hoping Jason is able to use some of the tech from Jot R on this. Maybe this needs to fit in a Mjolnir chassis. Maybe it ends up being Mjolnir 3. Maybe its something new entirely.

If it's in the works I humbly beg to beta...

I've already got Rag 2 which is fantastic... but its always fun to play with new toys.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #70,827 of 148,442
Here's an interesting study that some Internet-Direct company with a strong forum presence should do some day. Track the number of posts begging for a product release VS the number of orders in the first week following release, and if possible track which of the most frequent "update please" posters end up actually purchasing. I'd read that study.

I recall asking for Jotunheim 2 after buying Bifrost 2. Bought Jot 2 on launch day.

@Timster another item for the Schiit Sine wave: silver vs black Schiit.

In either case, I'd go to a doctor.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #70,829 of 148,442
I give both of mine 2 inches of space, no problems with heat in 5 years and 3 years respectively.

Makes no sense why I got rid of my new Ragnarok. For photoshoot I stack them, otherwise they rest side by side. A case of missing Ragnarok.... at least I have Mjolnir 2 now :)
20170904_060137.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back