Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #70,126 of 148,518
I don't have that kinda dispensable income, sadly. Lol. I make... let's just say very little IRL moneys. Hence why I was on a mini stack for a few years.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #70,127 of 148,518
Thanks for taking the ride with us!
Thank YOU ALL for taking me (and I guess many with me) on this wonderful Schiit journey.
What a ride it is so far and I'm sure there is still a hell of a ride to come.
My next ride will be URD and I'm sure it will be worth all the waiting. Looking forward to see Mike "perform".
Thanks again.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #70,128 of 148,518
What is/are Urds?

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #70,129 of 148,518
Aside: let me provide a short answer to the “work on the business, not in the business,”

IMO, this is one reason (perhaps even a primary reason?) that Schiit is highly successful. You do both, and from all outside appearances, every day.

So, as I write this, Lisa is in the other room, putting felt stickers on buttons.

Apologies for the unimportant question, but I'm still scratching my head on this one. Guess I've never seen a Schiit product with felt-covered buttons. :thinking:

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #70,130 of 148,518
What is/are Urds?

Urd is the name for the CD Transport that Mike, Ivana, Dave, and Co. have designed. Not yet released into the wild (aka. our listening systems).

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #70,131 of 148,518
What is/are Urds?
It is a lot like an Urgh.

UrghAMusicWar4.jpg

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #70,134 of 148,518
IMO, this is one reason (perhaps even a primary reason?) that Schiit is highly successful. You do both, and from all outside appearances, every day.

Apologies for the unimportant question, but I'm still scratching my head on this one. Guess I've never seen a Schiit product with felt-covered buttons.:thinking:
My thought exactly, perhaps Jason has sensitive skin, hence the felt on his buttons?

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #70,135 of 148,518
Apologies for the unimportant question, but I'm still scratching my head on this one. Guess I've never seen a Schiit product with felt-covered buttons.:thinking:

The felt is on the back of the buttons. It's a buffer between the button and the tactile switch. Lisa does that, taps inserts into knobs, and (yesterday) was prepping transformers for Vidar. We do what we need to do.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #70,136 of 148,518
Its about fu--ing time!!!! I have been urging them to make a good CD transport for years.
Thank you for your valued assistance, Ableza. Have you had a chance to try the Urd?

Jan 13, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #70,137 of 148,518
Its about fu--ing time!!!! I have been urging them to make a good CD transport for years.
Thank you for your valued assistance, Ableza. Have you had a chance to try the Urd?
Mike will talk some about the Urd on the live stream tonight. Also I believe they said if all goes well they’ll send out beta tests to select people in February. So for most of us we’ll have to wait a bit longer :)

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #70,138 of 148,518
It never made sense to me. Here was a company that sells a very top quality DAC, but it doesn't do MQA and some other codes. It is the best thing I know for just playing CDs for your Stereo or headphone system, But finally after all these years, they make a CD transport. I had to look elsewhere for a DAC for my computer system. Bought a Matrix X-Sabre Pro MQA. Works like a champ. I am a Tidal user and it sounds lovely through my system.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #70,140 of 148,518
But please Joe don't end the tariffs.

On another note: If I have something on back order and I'm willing to wait since I have a fine amp right now, is there a queue that will allow me to be bypassed? Probably more trouble setting it up than it's worth. Really I don't mind waiting for the Jot though.

Idea that you have no time to do: make training videos so you can introduce people to new tasks while minimizing lost time to teach them. It won't take away all face to face training of course. Unless you do that already.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back