Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #69,632 of 144,020
Better to offer a little help than none at all, right?

If you want to stick with the "twins" theme, how about the Odd Couple? Just in keeping with the amp's roots and all.... :grin: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I am no longer reading anything Bill says unless Finnegan approves of it first. Here is his response:

Finnegan 8.jpg

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #69,633 of 144,020
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #69,635 of 144,020
Well then that's the root of this entire argument discussion. We actually eat BBQ in NC. I've never tried rubbing it in my eyes. Does the flavor migrate by osmosis, or is this perhaps the basis of the phrase "eye-watering good"? :laughing: :joy:
Jeez, no wonder NC can't produce real BBQ. Texans don't rub it in their eyes, that's something only somebody from NC would think about. No, TX BBQ is so good, so wholesome, so soul lifting it cures whatever ails you from the inside out. In fact, the healing starts with the simple smell of the wood smoke and spices. It'll even wipe disturbing images from your mind's eye.

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #69,636 of 144,020
Jeez, no wonder NC can't produce real BBQ. Texans don't rub it in their eyes, that's something only somebody from NC would think about. No, TX BBQ is so good, so wholesome, so soul lifting it cures whatever ails you from the inside out. In fact, the healing starts with the simple smell of the wood smoke and spices. It'll even wipe disturbing images from your mind's eye.

You had me right up to the wiping images part

:beerchug:
JC

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #69,637 of 144,020
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #69,638 of 144,020
Hmmm. Doesn't sound like many folks here are planning on trying that "Dry January" thing. :sunglasses:

Hero-image.jpg
Screwed that up Friday evening, so I guess, no.

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #69,639 of 144,020
Since we're speaking about Latin, an old favourite

Perhaps the best part of my favorite Monty Python movie.

And before @bcowen gets a word in: only fans of NC "BBQ" think Holy Grail is a better movie than Life of Brian.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #69,640 of 144,020
Good.
Of course it translates more beautifully to "reign of twins" instead of my former translation.

edit: as formal latin it is "The reign of twins". But you already knew that.
Oh goodness, Latin lessons... our friend in charge of the Sine Wave Thread Map will never be able to keep up.

I almost missed your posts because of your new avatar... Almost said, "Welcome" to the new guy.

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #69,641 of 144,020
Well let's see, we gained a Modius DAC, and a Magnius head amp. We also just got the Vali 2+. Now, we lost the Saga S and the Freya S. No new CD transport, just yet either. Schiit is doing an expansion plant in Texas, for small Schiit, and there's also talk of new ESS Schiit, since the AKM plant burned. And most importantly, Jason bought a well-deserved C8 Corvette. It even makes us geeks look cool...!!! :grinning:

Oh, Covid f**ked up the world. I hope that's over soon...? But, we'll all be OK, as everyone knows, Schiit floats...! :)

So if you prefer AKM to ESS and like Yiggy, now is the time to shut up and buy...or else?

I am excited about the transport. I have seen the pre production pics.

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #69,642 of 144,020
But that's...that's...that's Irish! Might as well say you like New England BBQ or something.

I've seriously never heard the term "New England BBQ" before this post. Probably something akin to canned pork 'n' beans heated up outside but I'm just guessing.

There's a TV cooking show hosted by some women from the NE and every time they try to do something they call BBQ my response is basically what @macdonjh posted a few minutes ago which I imagine being yelled by Willie from the Simpsons:

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

willie.jpg

Jan 5, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #69,643 of 144,020
Oh goodness, Latin lessons... our friend in charge of the Sine Wave Thread Map will never be able to keep up.

I almost missed your posts because of your new avatar... Almost said, "Welcome" to the new guy.
Pietro was being very helpful, I am stuck out in the middle of nowhere we are not even known for BBQ. We have limestone I think, maybe a cornfield here and there.

Maybe I can move to Georgia, now that is a state that makes the news! :zipper_mouth:

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #69,644 of 144,020

Yeah, since Constanza died I'm still thinking about a new avatar.
Since I am a minister of the Church Of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, this should do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back