Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 10, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #67,906 of 149,079
Finally the conversation turns to genuine cuisine! The only remaining question is: Red or Green?

tja5dL.jpg

Both, please! :D

Dec 10, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #67,907 of 149,079
You guys never had my sardinhas assadas! Not my words but the portuguese tell me i do an excellent job (i think they just say it so they don’t need to grill themselves)
Don't think so. It must be a genuine compliment.
Portugese are much too picky about their food to have such a "laissez faire" attitude.

Dec 10, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #67,908 of 149,079
When I find myself in a similar predicament, I fall back on my catch all line of advice. :thinking:
"No cost is to small." :face_palm:

Which either nullifies any additional thinking or clearly points the way forward. :thumbsup:
And so, problem solved! :sunglasses:

JJ :ksc75smile:
As we used to say about certain computer equipment, "You can buy a better computer but you can't pay more!"

Dec 10, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #67,909 of 149,079
Dec 10, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #67,910 of 149,079
A Unison USB hub/switch?

Interesting little discussion:
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/why-only-one-usb-input.1033801/

Maybe there's a market for an intelligent audiophile/phool USB aggregation device to enable and simplify multiple high-quality inputs to any of m
A Unison USB hub/switch?

Interesting little discussion:
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/why-only-one-usb-input.1033801/

Maybe there's a market for an intelligent audiophile/phool USB aggregation device to enable and simplify multiple high-quality inputs to any of Schiit's DACs?

I would purchase one of these. I recently picked up a USBridge Signature Streamer and I now plug this into my BiFrost instead of coming from my PC. I use Volumio with the SubSonic plugin (Volusonic) to stream. This currently locks me out from streaming new downloads that i have not tagged and moved to my subsonic drives. It would be nice to switch usb sources into the BiFrost (The Coax and Optical inputs are currently used by a Cowan Plenue MKII and a Shanling CD transport / player)

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #67,912 of 149,079
Don't think so. It must be a genuine compliment.
Portugese are much too picky about their food to have such a "laissez faire" attitude.
My brother in law tells me i make excellent espressos, only Italians really do, so laissez faire attitude encountered.
In that regard also the 600 times a week having sopa obsession is funny. My family things i am strange that i put spice in sopa do dia (what is the soup of the day? ;veggies ;what veggie? ahh like yday: all veggies) And then they cook and blend it to the same colour as the times before. I rest my case, spice mandatory!! They all should get the ABBA punishment!

Before I forget to mention: I love my dear portuguese as long they don’t drive a car:ksc75smile:

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #67,914 of 149,079
I've taken the liberty of drawing up this thread in a waveform. Maybe it will help any noobs who pass by understand what goes on. I'm sure I have missed a few points too, so feel free to let me know and I will collate the changes and release a version 2.

HAHA Jason misses a few cycles:

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #67,915 of 149,079
Now that I have a bit of alcohol in my system, can I rant a bit about my audio purchases/decisions recently?

You see, if you have been noticing my post history, I have been on and off about wanting some of them. You see, I wasn't able to get to them due to some erm, personal issues (especially hearing issues, but that shall be another story for another day). Thankfully, they got resolved in 2020, mostly (ironic, I know). So I thought that in 2020 I shall deal with them before it's too late and...

Project Ember: Decided to fix its scratchy volpot. Took way longer than expected to fix it due to lifted pads (most probably I need to be better and get better soldering tools). But support was prompt in getting me the parts I needed and teaching me on what to do. It was a detour but it started getting me to look into the rest of the audio chain...

Schiit Eitr: I know, this one is clearly on me, the writing was on the wall for some time. I took too long and missed out even the closeout deals. But when these appeared again in November, I thought I had one last chance and pulled the trigger. And then I was told that they don't exist. At least I was informed promptly and the refund was smooth.

(Due to ongoing issues, I will not be naming these two products for now)

Headphone 1: I snagged its B-Stock version at the last minute due to some difficulties in arranging for a way to ship it from its country to Singapore, especially as the webstore accepts only European addresses. I thought I got lucky due to the unusually fast shipping, but when it came to me, well, let's just say that it looks more like a 2nd hand product to me than a factory reconditioned one. Heck, the audio cable's jack cracked even. I have emailed support the photos showing these so we shall see

Headphone 2: I snagged the one and only B-Stock version made from [country redacted]. I even had confirmation that I have secured it, only to get the version made from [other country redacted]. When I asked the support, I got a reply telling me that it ran out of that and had to give me this one without consulting me beforehand

At this point, I don't know. With this amount of bad luck at once, I just don't know if this means I should just quit audiophile or something. Like the entire audiophile world is trying to send me a message or something. Or maybe I need some sleep. We shall see

At least I know that good support/service/standards do make this a bit better, and the reverse holds very true too

I am trying my damnest best to not lose my temper about this and at the support (especially due to the advice here) but I just think I might lose it this time

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #67,916 of 149,079
My brother in law tells me i make excellent espressos, only Italians really do, so laissez faire attitude encountered.
In that regard also the 600 times a week having sopa obsession is funny. My family things i am strange that i put spice in sopa do dia (what is the soup of the day? ;veggies ;what veggie? ahh like yday: all veggies) And then they cook and blend it to the same colour as the times before. I rest my case, spice mandatory!! They all should get the ABBA punishment!

Before I forget to mention: I love my dear portuguese as long they don’t drive a car:ksc75smile:
My second-ex wife was Portuguese and her sopa was always very spicy - sometimes too much for this boy. Perhaps because she was from the Azores rather than the mainland?

Dec 10, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #67,917 of 149,079
Dec 10, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #67,918 of 149,079
Dec 10, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #67,919 of 149,079
You mean that RGB is Sherman in disguise?
I don't think he had to go to the extremes General Sherman did. The grills and smokers were adequate, simply being used incorrectly. In addition, all resistance to the occupation wilted when the citizenry was finally fed proper BBQ. Can't fight, ask for seconds, and lick your fingers all at the same time.

I'm hoping for proper fish and chips. In newspaper. Like it should be.
While it's a given NC would mess that up, too, TX is not a good source for that, either. While we like our fried seafood on the Gulf Coast, the specialty is shrimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back