Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 16, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #66,901 of 148,990
Anyone running Buchardt s400s out of a Aegir by any chance? I've got a Boyuu A50 Tube integrated on audition from Amazon, I love the sound, but pre burn in complicated passages aren't handled as well. I'm wondering what a combo say of the Freya+/Aegir might do.
There is a simple answer.
If your speakers can do it, the Freya-S and mono Aegirs combo sure as hell can (with my Quad ESL Plus model 63's).
There is always the risk of a lesser match with the speakers, I can't help you there.

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #66,902 of 148,990
I believe Aegir aren't rated or recommended to drive 4 ohm speakers when used as monoblocks.
My Quads only measure 80 dB efficiency and 2 Aegir's can drive them louder than I want to play my music.
Impedance doesn't drop below 7 ohm. EPDR not below 6 ohm.
Between 1 and 3 o'clock on the Freya-S dial, depending on the recording.

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #66,903 of 148,990
Hey all, it's time for the next Virtual SchiitrMeet!

This time, we're talking about monocultures and Texas, with me and Tyler. Tyler is our "Director of Finance," technically, but he's really "Director of Miscellaneous." As in, everything that Alex doesn't do, he gets. Fun things like HR, but also fun things like spearheading the Schiitr, leading the Texas expansion, and coming up with ideas like Hel. He also has a graduate degree in philosophy so you can torture him about that side of things too.

So, let's talk AKM and what its disaster means for audio (and us), our expansion into Texas, and other crazy things. As usual, please email your questions to denise@schiit.com

So join us for:

Virtual SchiitrMeet November
Monocultures and Texas

Wednesday, November 18
4:00PM PST

As usual, the video will be streamed on our Facebook site (you don't need an account to watch) and also available afterwards at other sites.

See you soon!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 16, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #66,904 of 148,990
This time, we're talking about monocultures and Texas, with me and Tyler. Tyler is our "Director of Finance," technically, but he's really "Director of Miscellaneous." As in, everything that Alex doesn't do, he gets. Fun things like HR, but also fun things like spearheading the Schiitr, leading the Texas expansion, and coming up with ideas like Hel. He also has a graduate degree in philosophy so you can torture him about that side of things too.

That job description fits what we used to call SLJO back in my navy days. SLJO = Schitty Little Jobs Officer.

JC

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #66,905 of 148,990
I know they aren't rated for 4 Ohms but have seen a couple of reviews that did run mono Aegirs into 4 Ohm loads without issue. But listening level will no doubt play a big part in this.

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #66,906 of 148,990
Hey all, it's time for the next Virtual SchiitrMeet!

So, let's talk AKM and what its disaster means for audio (and us), our expansion into Texas, and other crazy things. As usual, please email your questions to denise@schiit.com

So join us for:

Virtual SchiitrMeet November
Monocultures and Texas

Wednesday, November 18
4:00PM PST

As usual, the video will be streamed on our Facebook site (you don't need an account to watch) and also available afterwards at other sites.

See you soon!
Texas operations opens up a whole different culture of mythological names for new gear...

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #66,907 of 148,990
And delivery options via horseback or stage coach.

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #66,911 of 148,990
The Alamo all tube amp. Push Pull full balanced designed with (4) KT 120 Power Tubes per side. Pulling in a stunning 200W / Channel. Special power button on the front and speaker connections on either side so you can use it as a fireplace insert and warm the family in the winter time.
And stable into 1/2 ohm loads because it never gives up...

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #66,912 of 148,990
The Alamo all tube amp. Push Pull full balanced designed with (4) KT 120 Power Tubes per side. Pulling in a stunning 200W / Channel. Special power button on the front and speaker connections on either side so you can use it as a fireplace insert and warm the family in the winter time.

don't forget to add @ScubaMan2017 RGB lighting, remote controlled, of course
(in this application it actually makes sense, IMO)

... or simply call it the "Buull"

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #66,914 of 148,990
Got the Freya S in this morning, so far very impressed! After a day or so of listening I'll share impressions....
_MG_0188.jpg

_MG_0190.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back