Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 16, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #65,761 of 149,247
@gikigill for Asgard 3. the multibit card sits horizontally, not vertically.

IMHO, if you have the space to stack an external DAC (underneath the A3) that will provide more future flexibility, since the current Multibit Card is USB input only (no s/pdif coax, no s/pdif optical toslink) and is not using the Unison USB.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #65,762 of 149,247
Costanza looks like he rules the roost. Bet he's also got the attitude to go with his tortie fur.
Pssssttt ... Just quietly, Costanza is a she
Don't want to upset the thread mascot :scream_cat:
Indeed she is.
A tortoise cat is almost always female where a red cat is almost always a male.
@gikigill Constanza reluctantly forgave you.

Oct 16, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #65,763 of 149,247
@gikigill for Asgard 3. the multibit card sits horizontally, not vertically.

IMHO, if you have the space to stack an external DAC (underneath the A3) that will provide more future flexibility, since the current Multibit Card is USB input only (no s/pdif coax, no s/pdif optical toslink) and is not using the Unison USB.
Also, if you're patient (@gikigill), you can grab a Modi Multibit on B-stock for $199. It's a great deal. That's how I got mine. They don't show up as often as one would like but I have consistently seen one at least every couple of months on the B-stock listings. Trust me, I watch that B-stock page like a hawk. That's how I built my 2 entry level headphone systems for home and work office.

Oct 16, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #65,764 of 149,247
The corporation, through its agents (directors, officers), owes the shareholders fiduciary duty.

To the best of my knowledge, that does mean, among others, treating the company's finances as if they were treating their own finances. It doesn't mean making as much money as possible for their shareholders, even though increasing profitability is a big part of the running of a corporation. Corporations will sometimes do things that reduce their profits (e.g., stop political advertising) and that is most of the time not a violation of fiduciary duty.

Oct 16, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #65,765 of 149,247
Apparently you've never owned a Chrysler product...

You're kidding, right? I've owned seven (7!) mid 60s Valiants - four convertibles, a 2-door and 2 sedans, a mix of slant 6 and V8. Rust was the reason for disposal, never mechanical. They would start in -40 weather without complaint. My current girlfriend drives a 2013 Grand Caravan with no mechanical issues. I would say they're about the same as most other brands - everyone has lemons.

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #65,766 of 149,247
re: vehicle reliability. I've owned at least one vehicle from Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Plymouth, Cadillac, Lincoln, Tesla and Chrysler. By far the most troublesome was a Lincoln and the least Tesla. From Europe I've owned MBZ, Maserati, VW, Peugeot, Renault and Triumph. The best was Benz, the worst by far (most unreliable vehicle I ever owned) the Renault. From Japan I have owned Toyota, Honda and Mitsubishi with the Honda being indestructible and the Toyota needing multiple CV joint replacements in under a year. As in all things, YMMV.

Oct 16, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #65,768 of 149,247
Also, if you're patient (@gikigill), you can grab a Modi Multibit on B-stock for $199. It's a great deal. That's how I got mine. They don't show up as often as one would like but I have consistently seen one at least every couple of months on the B-stock listings. Trust me, I watch that B-stock page like a hawk. That's how I built my 2 entry level headphone systems for home and work office.

I already have a BIMBY so trying to get another Multibit DAC in my brood.

Oct 16, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #65,769 of 149,247
The corporation, through its agents (directors, officers), owes the shareholders fiduciary duty.

To the best of my knowledge, that does mean, among others, treating the company's finances as if they were treating their own finances. It doesn't mean making as much money as possible for their shareholders, even though increasing profitability is a big part of the running of a corporation. Corporations will sometimes do things that reduce their profits (e.g., stop political advertising) and that is most of the time not a violation of fiduciary duty.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_v._Ford_Motor_Co.

This is the ruling that cemented that opinion in society.

We can change things but I'm not holding my breath since mankind doesn't learn from past lessons and this time we have nuclear weapons and AI so WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

Oct 16, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #65,771 of 149,247
SchiitrMeet, COVID Edition, Episode 2
Jason Learns About Digital

Hey all, it's time for another safe, socially distanced, watch-us-blather-on-video event direct from the Schiitr. Yes, we'd much rather be doing blind listening, but hopefully we will get back to that some day. In the meantime, this is your chance to have your questions about digital answered by Dave and Ivana, two of our digital superstars. I'll be asking the questions, because I'd like to learn about some of this stuff too.

What questions? We'll be covering some of the inquiries I couldn't answer from the last event, and new questions you might have. That can include more details on the transport, the Gadget, our whole True Multibit thing, or anything else pertaining to digital. Hopefully you can get some answers, and I can learn a thing or two at the same time.

So, if you'd like to ask us something, please email denise@schiit.com directly. I'm sure we'll also be taking some live questions during the event as well. The video will be streamed on our Facebook page, and, of course, it will be archived for viewing afterwards, and available on other platforms.

Aaaaaaand, for those of you who haven't read the million or so words in the ever-growing book, Ivana is the person who is responsible for algorithms and firmware, such that you may have heard in Unison USB™. She's also the person to ask about the Gadget. Dave is the person who does much of our firmware, as well as digital design, implementation, and layout. You can ask both Dave and Ivana about the Transport, since they're both working on it.

So, join us at:

The (Virtual) Schiitr
(Actually the real Schiitr, just via video)

Wednesday, October 21
4PM PST

And let's see what Dave and Ivana have for us!

Next up: maybe I can drag Tyler and Naomi or some of the other people here into this, so you can learn a bit more about how we do things.

See you soon...

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 16, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #65,772 of 149,247
Oct 16, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #65,774 of 149,247

Users who are viewing this thread

Back