Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 15, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #65,746 of 148,156
I never had to take that one ('01 C240) in for maintenance. It was already there. :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, didn't mean to pooh-pooh the brand. I just had a lemon. I'm sure Lexus has their share of them too.

Probably bad luck since that was a Pre-Chrysler Mercedes and was properly built. I would happily drive a 90s W124 or R129 even today.

A 2002-2005 Mercedes is the one you wanna avoid since they were the worst built Mercs on record. You can blame Jurgen Schrempp for cost cutting although now they are back to building proper cars again (after accruing losses in billions) although Lexus is probably still better in reliability.

Any Mercedes from E-Class and above after 2010 is a good old tank with the doors still possessing that vaulty thunk, the seats feeling like chesterfields and the plastics not feeling plasticky.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #65,747 of 148,156
Oct 15, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #65,749 of 148,156
Oh well. Who wants to be a millionaire? :slight_frown:
pick me.jpg

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #65,750 of 148,156

I worked at a company once where a co-worker kept a spreadsheet of all the people that had come and gone since she started there. When I heard about the list she had been there 5ish years and the list was at 70 people or so. When I left the list was at 80 some people, and when she left for a different company it was almost 90 people. She worked there a about 7 or 8 years. When I left for my current job we had about 23 full and part time employees for the entire US based portion of the company...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #65,752 of 148,156
I worked at a company once where a co-worker kept a spreadsheet of all the people that had come and gone since she started there. When I heard about the list she had been there 5ish years and the list was at 70 people or so. When I left the list was at 80 some people, and when she left for a different company it was almost 90 people. She worked there a about 7 or 8 years. When I left for my current job we had about 23 full and part time employees for the entire US based portion of the company...
Those numbers work out to approx 50% annualised attrition, so turning over half the staff every year. A lot of customer service is outsourced to low cost geographies, and running anything sub-100% annualised attrition is often seen as a good result. I have seen 150-200% annualised in some places. It's often so easy to replace staff in these places (they literally queue at the door), that it's just an added-cost/inconvenience that still adds very little to the billables for the client. For a lot of the front line staff it is only and solely about the money (they are sometimes/often the breadwinner for the family), and because it's so easy to jump ship for more dollars, they do.

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #65,753 of 148,156

If it costs a million dollars to manage that turnover while it will save you 1.5 million dollars on better compensation and benefits for your employees, guess which one gets chosen all the time?

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #65,754 of 148,156
Current colours of Sweden:
BF1C213B-2C13-4F98-AD19-0AA8CBB92602.jpeg
B40FB4AF-B80F-44B2-A5CA-D46D84BF215F.jpeg

I like when the trees have all the colours in them, from green to yellow to red :slight_smile:

Nice colours. I have a work trip to Stockholm in February unless the covid postpones it again (already happened twice). I suspect Sweden will be covered in snow by then, as we will be - hopefully.

I spy that you also have Bifrost 2/Lyr 3 combo. Are you enjoying yours?
I own Bifrost 2 and ordered Lyr 3 a couple of months ago, but due to part shortages I’m still waiting for mine

Silver lining on cloud: I was able to add the Schiit mask and new Snake Oil cables to my order while waiting for it to ship.

Oct 16, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #65,755 of 148,156
Coming back to Schiit, anyone know how to swap the DS dac in my A3 to the Multibit?

Can it be done by me or does it need to go back to the mothership?
should not need to go back to the mothership, but operator should have some tech skills. if you have built a pc from scratch, this should be no problem for you. no need to solder.

Oct 16, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #65,756 of 148,156
should not need to go back to the mothership, but operator should have some tech skills. if you have built a pc from scratch, this should be no problem for you. no need to solder.

I did build my own PC when the AMD K7 was launched and managed to build a Bottlehead SEX 2.1. Got a bunch of tweezers and other micro equipment for pulling, guiding and generally getting a board to where it needs to go.

What are my chances?

Oct 16, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #65,757 of 148,156
I did build my own PC when the AMD K7 was launched and managed to build a Bottlehead SEX 2.1. Got a bunch of tweezers and other micro equipment for pulling, guiding and generally getting a board to where it needs to go.

What are my chances?

Once you open the A3, there's a hold down screw, and then the DAC board slides straight up from it's mounting connector. Very simple. Very much like adding a new card to a PC motherboard.

On the front far right, in this picture, you can see small black mounting connector, the DAC card slides on to. It mates to the male pins on the card itself.

asgard 3 internal 1920.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #65,758 of 148,156
Once you open the A3, there's a hold down screw, and then the DAC board slides straight up from it's mounting connector. Very simple. Very much like adding a new card to a PC motherboard.

On the front far right, in this picture, you can see small black mounting connector, the DAC card slides on to. It mates to male pins on the card.

So the black piece behind the headphone jack is the slot I suppose. Remove the exisitng dac board and pop in the new one

I have recently installed RAM and GPUs so seems alright. Will have to use my anti-static band to be safe.

EDIT: Cant see an Asgard 3 Multibit DAC module on sale on the website.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #65,759 of 148,156

Users who are viewing this thread

Back