Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 13, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #65,627 of 148,581
Hey all, just a quick update:

1. I'm back (again) from Texas. We're finishing up the last details on the building, which should close shortly and then we can start doing some work on it to make it perfect (for us.) This is pretty exciting, because we can actually set up a logical production flow (not possible in our current building, which has grown organically thru several units), and because we have room for expansion. As I mentioned before, we're staying in California, too. Just expect that things like Magni, Modi, Loki, etc to be coming from Texas, and things like Vidars and Yggdrasils coming from CA, in 2021.

2. Tomorrow, we're gonna do a set-up and test of next week's SchiitrMeet feature, Jason Learns About Digital, with Dave and Ivana. So, you'll get to meet a couple of our digital superstars (besides Mike). I'll let you know exactly when we're going to be streaming, and I'll let you know where to send questions (hint: direct to denise@schiit.com, posting them here is a bit hit and miss.) But you'll be seeing us next week on Wednesday, probably around the same time as the last one.

3. There's a new chapter on deck for tomorrow as well. This is another "Jason blathers about business" kind of thing, so don't get too excited about a new product. Yet. Though there are some things brewing. If we ever get serial numbers so we can do photography. Yes, sometimes things are held up by really stupid stuff.

Talk to you soon!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 13, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #65,628 of 148,581
Findland is a country that I have always wanted to visit and learn the culture and folklore. Unfortunately, this will not happen, but I enjoy reading of life in Finland,

I've visited Finland. Not Helsinki, but a small town out in the middle of endless forests and lakes. Beautiful country, and really nice engaging people!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #65,629 of 148,581
I've visited Finland. Not Helsinki, but a small town out in the middle of endless forests and lakes. Beautiful country, and really nice engaging people!
I've been to Helsinki for a conference in early summer. It was beautiful, friendly, relaxed. Found a quirky record shop in a residential neighborhood with some out of the ordinary classical and jazz CDs. Went out on the water for an evening cruise — the evening going forever at that latitude in the summer, of course, and the drinks flowing. Watched Portugal being beaten soundly by Germany for 3rd place in the World Cup (sigh), surrounded by very friendly Germany fans at a sports bar. Did not make it to the endless woods and lakes, unfortunately.

On a different trip, I was in Finnmark, Norway, close to where Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia come together at the top of Europe. I'd have loved to explore the whole area, except that 1) it was winter; 2) we were on a boat; 3) I broke my right shoulder. Interesting adventure, crazy wild and beautiful part of the world.

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #65,630 of 148,581
IMG_0095.JPG

Random: Yggy Balanced-->Lyr3 JJ-->PlainJane HD650, spoiling myself -- a grand splayed out sound with quick kick, you just want to go louder!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #65,631 of 148,581
1. I'm back (again) from Texas. We're finishing up the last details on the building, which should close shortly and then we can start doing some work on it to make it perfect (for us.) This is pretty exciting, because we can actually set up a logical production flow (not possible in our current building, which has grown organically thru several units), and because we have room for expansion. As I mentioned before, we're staying in California, too. Just expect that things like Magni, Modi, Loki, etc to be coming from Texas, and things like Vidars and Yggdrasils coming from CA, in 2021.

Exciting news! Texas is a happening place and I many good memories from my travels there. Best of luck with the new factory!

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #65,632 of 148,581
Hey all, just a quick update:

2. Tomorrow, we're gonna do a set-up and test of next week's SchiitrMeet feature, Jason Learns About Digital, with Dave and Ivana. So, you'll get to meet a couple of our digital superstars (besides Mike). I'll let you know exactly when we're going to be streaming, and I'll let you know where to send questions (hint: direct to denise@schiit.com, posting them here is a bit hit and miss.) But you'll be seeing us next week on Wednesday, probably around the same time as the last one.

3. There's a new chapter on deck for tomorrow as well. This is another "Jason blathers about business" kind of thing, so don't get too excited about a new product. Yet. Though there are some things brewing. If we ever get serial numbers so we can do photography. Yes, sometimes things are held up by really stupid stuff.

Talk to you soon!
Wow, fun! Texas & Digital.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #65,635 of 148,581
Snapped a pic while walking the dog today. The most vibrant colours are gone and the gray season (until April or so) is about to start. Hopefully we get some snow and a beautiful winter this year.

I know thats Finland, but it could just as easily be Minnesota. No wonder my forefathers settled in MN when they came over from Finland.

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #65,636 of 148,581
Maybe. Maybe not. It's a blast to have and use though, so any educational enhancements might be irrelevant. :laughing: :laughing:

Based on what I have seen so far, it sounds like a surprisingly good buy, thanks! Will read up more to confirm while waiting for it to be back in stock

(Though frankly I should have gotten the Jil with the chip instead earlier on since it seems to me that my setup needs the Jil more than a Loki)

Oct 14, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #65,638 of 148,581
Oct 14, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #65,639 of 148,581
Yes, sometimes things are held up by really stupid stuff.
It's always something like that in my experience. I've never had a full crew standing around waiting for a compressor or vessel to be delivered. But I have been held up because we were missing a 4" gasket and couldn't finish without it.

Oct 14, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #65,640 of 148,581
Findland is a country that I have always wanted to visit and learn the culture and folklore. Unfortunately, this will not happen, but I enjoy reading of life in Finland,

It's never too late. Definitely recommend coming over and checking our country out when the covid situation permits. Besides Helsinki, there are nice cities like Turku and Tampere which are worth the visit also. Åland and Lapland are top, too.

I've been to Helsinki for a conference in early summer. It was beautiful, friendly, relaxed. Found a quirky record shop in a residential neighborhood with some out of the ordinary classical and jazz CDs. Went out on the water for an evening cruise — the evening going forever at that latitude in the summer, of course, and the drinks flowing. Watched Portugal being beaten soundly by Germany for 3rd place in the World Cup (sigh), surrounded by very friendly Germany fans at a sports bar. Did not make it to the endless woods and lakes, unfortunately.

Although Helsinki is nice and there is a national park maybe 30 minutes away from the city, it's worth visiting other places too. I live in a small city by the sea in Western Finland and we have some nice sights here as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back