Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 6, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #61,697 of 145,712
WordPerfect was the first computer program I learned to do anything on. It had a great command: reveal codes. It showed you the codes "behind" text that formated the text. By deleting the formating text you could remove words, punctuation, BOLD lettering, etc., or insert codes to do that.
Every program should have something like that if relevant.

Like HTML? :)

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #61,698 of 145,712
My C-stock Valhalla 2 arrived today. There are a couple very fine scratches with the grain of the finish. Only noticeable if the lighting is jjjjuusstttt right. If I turn my reading light off, they aren't visible with the rest of the lighting in the room. Don't care. My really short initial listen is very positive. Modi MB -> Loki mini -> Valhalla 2 -> HD650. More serious listening when the house is quiet. Wonder how it will do with the HE H4xx? And looking forward to plugging the Etymotic ER4XR in for a spin.

Next Schiit purchase will be a Bifrost 2. And probably a Jotunheim. And better headphones.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the gentle glow of the vacuum tubes in the Valhalla. Very different amplifier to the Modi 3.

Oh, and don't get me started on computers. Linux (or FreeBSD) for the win at home. Windows at work.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #61,705 of 145,712
My C-stock Valhalla 2 arrived today. There are a couple very fine scratches with the grain of the finish. Only noticeable if the lighting is jjjjuusstttt right. If I turn my reading light off, they aren't visible with the rest of the lighting in the room. Don't care. My really short initial listen is very positive. Modi MB -> Loki mini -> Valhalla 2 -> HD650. More serious listening when the house is quiet. Wonder how it will do with the HE H4xx? And looking forward to plugging the Etymotic ER4XR in for a spin.

Next Schiit purchase will be a Bifrost 2. And probably a Jotunheim. And better headphones.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the gentle glow of the vacuum tubes in the Valhalla. Very different amplifier to the Modi 3.

Oh, and don't get me started on computers. Linux (or FreeBSD) for the win at home. Windows at work.
Congrats on the Val 2! I love mine. I'd recommend getting a set of socket savers to bring the tubes up out of their caves. MUCH easier to grab onto to roll and helps move some of the heat out of the chassis.

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #61,706 of 145,712
+1 the above!!

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #61,708 of 145,712
Jul 7, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #61,710 of 145,712
Only you can answer that.

The CD transport is Mike Moffat's project and can be found under his thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/what-a-long-strange-trip-its-been-robert-hunter.784471/

JC

Leaked photo of prototype?
FB_IMG_1587991622696.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back