Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 2, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #61,561 of 149,185
Notice the label on the Loki. It says Loki M. Go to the close outs on the Schiit site and they list the Loki Mini. Could we be seeing a full size Loki by the end of summer?

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #61,562 of 149,185
Notice the label on the Loki. It says Loki M. Go to the close outs on the Schiit site and they list the Loki Mini. Could we be seeing a full size Loki by the end of summer?

I can hope! would go nicely under my saga+

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #61,563 of 149,185

I believe there was an old product named "Loki" at one time, some form of D/S DAC based on a long-discontinued chip.

Recently, Jason had hinted at some sort of analog processing hardware based on a Nexus topology planned (you know what that means) for later this year.

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #61,564 of 149,185
Yes they had an original DSD DAC several years ago that was discontinued. I have not heard of the Loki EQ being called a Mini until I seen the closeouts today.

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #61,565 of 149,185
with most families, it's Christmas Eve. Christmas morning is when the parents have to clean up all the torn up wrappings and the bits of styrofoam from all the packaging :)

I don't know any families that open more than a single present on Christmas Eve and most not even that. You can't open the presents before Santa comes....

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #61,566 of 149,185
Jul 2, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #61,568 of 149,185
And in case you do, there is always the Schiit Plunger lol. Aka De-Schiiter.
Ha. I just thought of that as I made my way through thread to my own post. You beat me to it. Everyone needs a schiity plunger.

Jul 2, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #61,569 of 149,185
I may be wrong about this but I thought Jason had hinted at a better Loki somewhere on this thread before. I think he said he was experimenting with a balanced Loki but cost was an issue.

Jul 2, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #61,570 of 149,185
I much prefer the old Bifrost 1 case to the new one. Looks like a tank.
It's much heavier than I thought it would be. Must be the on-board power supply...
It said "2x PRCA" on the Bifrost's box...
who has time to read when it's time to open the boxes and post unboxing pics?
While I noticed the "2x PRCA" on the box I didn't not let time slip away trying to decode Schiit-ese and got right to box opening. Besides, I expected Schiit-ites would have products boxed on shelves ready to ship so I didn't expect miscellaneous goodies to be inside product boxes. I figured the Pyst cables would be in bubble-wrap pouches in the outside box. It's hard to reorient yourself away from your expectations.
I may be wrong about this but I thought Jason had hinted at a better Loki somewhere on this thread before. I think he said he was experimenting with a balanced Loki but cost was an issue.
I'd have liked a balanced Loki to feed my balanced Mjolnir I, but now I'd need a balanced Bifrost, too. I'm not replacing or upgrading anything else this week...

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #61,571 of 149,185
with most families, it's Christmas Eve. Christmas morning is when the parents have to clean up all the torn up wrappings and the bits of styrofoam from all the packaging :)
Not where or when I grew up, or where my family lives now. Most everyone we know opens presents on Christmas morning. Parents clean up on Christmas morning, too. Christmas Eve is when bleary-eyed parents stay up way too late assembling presents and installing batteries.

Jul 3, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #61,573 of 149,185
I had a weird fever dream where the Loki had a Thunderdome that went:
1. Loki Mini
2. Loki Plus (Bifrost length)
3. Loki + Gadget (Mjolnir length)

One can only fever dream.
Err, was option 3 a Loki Mini or a Loki Plus? If it is a Plus, then that will be a pretty easy decision.

Ok...I'm ready. Let's make this happen.

Jul 3, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #61,574 of 149,185
After two days of continuously listening to music at entirely unreasonable sound pressure levels, I have come to the conclusion that I am completely enamored with the Bifrost 2 / Jotunheim combo. It is everything I like in sound reproduction. It hits like an Optimus-Prime-sized truck, with excellent detail and instrument separation.

I understand Jotunehim may not be everyone's cup of tea, especially if they prefer a warm, laid-back sound signature. I do not, however, and the extent to which I'm enjoying my music collection is presently off the charts.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #61,575 of 149,185
Just checking out the schwag at Schiit.com. We all love Schiit as a company that knows how to offer great value, but...
$20 for a t-shirt is fair.
Socks for $18, well, maybe.
$10 for toilet paper? Not even a 4-pack? Guess toilet humor ain't cheap anymore.
But the capper, literally, is the $28 ball cap. My entire head isn't worth $28.
Then again, Happy 4th of July to all. Let's celebrate living in a land where you can sell both a great $99 amp and a $28 baseball cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back