Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 30, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #61,457 of 149,160
LOL, I can top that, FedEx doesn't have a clue !

I ordered the Modius on Saturday, a while back. Obviously Schiit sent it out first thing Monday morning. It arrived in the Netherlands ( via London and Paris ) on Thursday. The FedEx depot is literally 32 Km from where I live ( Roden-Drachten for the dutchies here.) .
Got a text message, paid import duties that same Thursday morning. The package was delivered next Monday ! ! !

So three days to get it literally around half our planet, five days for the last 20 miles..

So bummed I don't have a car, would have picked it up myself..

By Wednesday though I had forgotten all about the painstakingly slow last leg of the delivery and was just enjoying the music.

Moral: Hang in there !
I must have been very lucky!
My Freya S was ordered on a Friday afternoon ( UK time) and delivered by FedEx in the morning of the following Thursday.
We are not easy to find, in a very rural location, but the FedEx driver came straight to us.
I have had UK deliveries which have taken longer than this one from Schiit in the US!
I am sure the Modius will be worth the wait...

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #61,461 of 149,160
Ah, Canada. They could have had French cuisine, British culture, and American technology.

Instead they got British cuisine, French technology, and American culture :wink:
GWN-1980-or-about-there.jpg Take off, eh! Now if you excuse me, I'm going off to my woodlot to play beer hunter. :flag_ca:

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #61,463 of 149,160
LOL, I can top that, FedEx doesn't have a clue !

I ordered the Modius on Saturday, a while back. Obviously Schiit sent it out first thing Monday morning. It arrived in the Netherlands ( via London and Paris ) on Thursday. The FedEx depot is literally 32 Km from where I live ( Roden-Drachten for the dutchies here.) .
Got a text message, paid import duties that same Thursday morning. The package was delivered next Monday ! ! !

So three days to get it literally around half our planet, five days for the last 20 miles..

So bummed I don't have a car, would have picked it up myself..

By Wednesday though I had forgotten all about the painstakingly slow last leg of the delivery and was just enjoying the music.

Moral: Hang in there !
If we're going to trade Stories of Shipping Woe ...

I have some used Stax headphones en route from Iceland ... here's the tracking info as of a few minutes ago ....

1593545505702.png

I have to keep telling myself "Patience, grasshopper." (Although it is kind of amusing.)

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #61,464 of 149,160
I just put an offer to buy my first house... nervous and excited, and also figuring out how I want to set up audio in there if I do get it. More rooms, more possibilities...
@judson_w ...Holy carp. Judson_W, that's exciting. I spent many formative years in Bellingham. Many, MANY hours at the K-Mart and at Yeager's Sporting Goods shop (probably long gone now)...

Jun 30, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #61,465 of 149,160
Re: Canada - I grew up living in the states, but played hockey and learned to swim in O Canada. These days I think the neighbor to the north could teach the neighbor to the south a few things about a few things, if the neighbor to the south cared to listen...
We have our own dirty laundry to deal with (my city had the crack-smoking mayor for glod's sake). :triportsad: At least his brother (our Premier) has pulled up his pants and is acting like an adult (of sorts).

Jun 30, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #61,466 of 149,160
Jun 30, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #61,467 of 149,160
@judson_w ...Holy carp. Judson_W, that's exciting. I spent many formative years in Bellingham. Many, MANY hours at the K-Mart and at Yeager's Sporting Goods shop (probably long gone now)...

Yeagers is still around. Presently I live down the street from it. Not sure how hard the shut down has hurt them, but they were doing well before Covid.

Edit: In addition, the K-Mart is actually the one that is gone. Closed a year or two ago.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #61,468 of 149,160
We have our own dirty laundry to deal with (my city had the crack-smoking mayor for glod's sake). :triportsad: At least his brother (our Premier) has pulled up his pants and is acting like an adult (of sorts).

Sheesh, I was referring along the lines of Tim Hortons, Canadian Club 12 and 9 yo (no joke, cheap and excellent), Old Dutch Ketchup Chips and Lays All Dressed.

Me get political?....... Never.......:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back