Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 3, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #59,986 of 148,604
Any comparisons of Bifrost 2 MB DAC vs Gungnir MB DAC?
(sorry if I have missed these)

Both have great layering and imaging, both are very detailed and have great bass and extension.
Gungnir has a leaner tonality, is a bit more detailed and has a tad bigger soundstage to the sides and really popping transients (can be fatiguing).
Bifrost is smoother, has bit a blacker background, and is tonally very close to the Yggdrasil A2.
Bifrost is smaller, has a remote and is modularly upgradeable (Gumby is upgradeable too but has to be sent in).

Both are great DAC's, deciding factors should be synergy and space/formfactor.
So, the more important question is what comes after your DAC. Which amp and what headphone/speaker?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #59,988 of 148,604
No problem of course.
You want to know something about cats, woodworking, mayonaise, bbq, underwear, false teeth etc. this is the place to be.
I missed the false teeth debate? Crap, I mean, Schiit!

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #59,989 of 148,604
Congratulations to Jason on his thread reaching 4,000 pages. :beerchug:

Also best wishes to all those who regularly contribute to the thread, occasionally even posting about Schiit products. :astonished:
And look, closing in on 60,000 posts (that's 60k for you Millennials). My son nearly schiit his pants when I told him how long this thread is (he's been getting Schiit for Christmas for a couple of years now). He's been reading it, though.

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #59,990 of 148,604
Has anyone here done a lengthy comparison of Yiggy A2 versus BF2 on a 2.0 speaker setup, both being fed by Unison and using SE outputs?

Jun 3, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #59,993 of 148,604
Jun 3, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #59,999 of 148,604
I just ordered the Modius. I also placed an order for balanced and RCA cables on Amazon.

Excited to get this new DAC and pair it with Lyr 3 and Jot.

More car expenses may be looming so I held off on the Bifrost for now. It'll be there if I change my mind later.

Jun 3, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #60,000 of 148,604
I just ordered the Modius. I also placed an order for balanced and RCA cables on Amazon.

Excited to get this new DAC and pair it with Lyr 3 and Jot.

More car expenses may be looming so I held off on the Bifrost for now. It'll be there if I change my mind later.

That's funny I'm in the exact same boat. Got some car stuff coming up so "settled" for a modius for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back