Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 18, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #59,285 of 148,588
Mayonnaise DOES NOT belong on French fries. Ever. Under any circumstances.

I mean this in the nicest way, but that statement shows incredible ignorance for the culture that invented the French fry. That's how they're served. North America has some pretty gross "French fires" available, so it doesn't surprise me they come covered in ketchup, cheese, gravy, or whatever.

After I'm done my fries and mayonnaise, I'll have a trappist and chocolate for dessert.

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #59,286 of 148,588
I mean this in the nicest way, but that statement shows incredible ignorance for the culture that invented the French fry. That's how they're served. North America has some pretty gross "French fires" available, so it doesn't surprise me they come covered in ketchup, cheese, gravy, or whatever.

After I'm done my fries and mayonnaise, I'll have a trappist and chocolate for dessert.
We have red ketchup, white freedom fries and you’ll turn blue after consuming them. Murica!

May 18, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #59,287 of 148,588
Going back to mayo, it is excellent. I used to be a Craft person, but my partner grew up in Japan and always recommended Kewpie but my local store out. I have decided to try another brand, Kenko. while not identical they do compete in my book.
My personal favorite is to use them on tostadas de ceviche. Killer flavor, best part is it is a squeeze bottle.
1589829508755.png

May 18, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #59,288 of 148,588

What do you expect. They eat spaghetti with meat balls. You won't find that in Italy.... :xf_cool:

May 18, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #59,291 of 148,588
Pretty! I made one of these (not as big and pretty though) in 9th grade woodshop back in '79. Still gets used every day!
That was a gift for my wife, and I am making one for my daughter as well. Unfortunately the second one is even prettier so I need to call it a cheese board or some such. I have a lot of honey locust, oak, and maple scrap left over from other projects so I am just trying to use it up.

May 18, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #59,293 of 148,588

There's a reason they're smiling so much! :wink:

1589837547424.png
1589837588803.png

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #59,295 of 148,588
I have no idea where you get this stuff. It's complete bollocks. Fish and chips haven't been wrapped in newspaper, by law, since I was a young man. And that is so long ago that I can't remember being young.

Cheers
Aaaaah, that's very disappointing to learn. Had fish & chips in newspaper numerous times in my youth. Probably the colonies were slow to follow the motherland. An culinary institution passed while I wasn't paying attention, very sad. (And no offense to anyone, but there aren't a lot of other highlights to English cuisine, unless you include Indian food.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back