Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 5, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #57,256 of 148,552
On my iPhone I can select the text, and the same “Quote | Reply” popup appears, but clicking on Quote does nothing.
Using Firefox on my iPhone, I can select the text and I get the "Quote | Reply" popup. Hitting "Reply" doesn't do anything, but when I hit "Quote" I do get the message that selected text has been added to my quotes, and I can then indeed insert those bits of quoted text into a reply.

Not as convenient still as directly replying to a selection since you have to scroll down to the end of the page, but still, it kinda works.

Mar 5, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #57,258 of 148,552
Saga + owners, is it normal for there to be an audible pop from your speakers when you either mute/unmute or switch between the active and passive stages? This is REALLY noticeable at lower volumes.
Original Saga and original Freya pops to speakers after ANY remote command. Luckily, the sound of physical clicks of input switch or attuneator is way louder then the sound from speakers.

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #57,260 of 148,552
I know this is late, and since Loxi Max is probably already well along design stage, probably a waste of time, but I thought of a feature that would be incredible in Loki Max. Effectively, combine a Loki Mini with a few more bands of EQ adjustment with a fixed level, defeatable tube buffer (like Saga OG without a volume pot and less inputs), and make it balanced (so 2x 6sn7). I came to this realization that I desired this device as I am switching from Saga OG to Freya S.

My rationale/pitch: I skipped Freya + because I don't like buying 4 tubes, maintaining tubes, rolling tubes all the time, etc. HOWEVER, sometimes, particularly with digital sources, a tube buffer is awesome. It seems logical to combine that (something designed specifically to alter the sound) in with the other device designed specifically to alter the sound (Loki). You might say, why not just use my existing Saga? Well, that would be difficult, because I plan to use an all balanced chain with my Freya S, Bifrost 2 (upgrade path), and Monoblock Aegir. Placing my "Loki Supreme +" between Freya S and The power amps would allow EQ adjustment AND a defeatable tube buffer would allow Freya S users to still get the flavor of tubes if desired (to me this is more about soundstage/imaging and decay), and EQ adjustment in one balanced box.

Interested to hear folks perspectives. Would you buy this? Would it make Freya S more attractive to you? Would it make upgrading to monoblocks of either Vidar or Aegir more attractive to you?

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #57,261 of 148,552
Original Saga and original Freya pops to speakers after ANY remote command. Luckily, the sound of physical clicks of input switch or attuneator is way louder then the sound from speakers.

Interesting, these pops at the speakers are quite a bit louder than the relay clicks in the Saga + which I know is normal.

Yep, normal. I got used to it and don't notice it.

Yeah, the relay clicks when adjusting volume etc... I expected and don't really notice, but the pops from my speakers I'm not sure I will get used to, and will definitely notice it every time it happens...

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #57,262 of 148,552
Saga + owners, is it normal for there to be an audible pop from your speakers when you either mute/unmute or switch between the active and passive stages? This is REALLY noticeable at lower volumes.

My OG saga does the same thing. It's pretty annoying.

I also get audible speaker popping from OG saga when changing the volume with nothing playing. Also annoying.

Am I supposed to get buzz in the speakers when I touch the tube?

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #57,263 of 148,552

I also get audible speaker popping from OG saga when changing the volume with nothing playing. Also annoying.

I'm not sure about the buzz, I don't have any plans on touching it while it's running.

Luckily I don't get the pops when changing volume, that would be completely unacceptable to me.

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #57,264 of 148,552
I'm not sure about the buzz, I don't have any plans on touching it while it's running.

Luckily I don't get the pops when changing volume, that would be completely unacceptable to me.

Interestingly, I can only hear the pops when nothing is playing..... I have Zu omen DW on that rig, very efficient. Sound comes out at no volume. If I have any signal going through saga there are no pops on volume change. No signal, i get pops. Not sure what that's about.

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #57,265 of 148,552
First of all, let me say this: I don’t want to blow this out of proportion. But I do think it’s worth going over what we’re doing to keep you, Schiit employees, and their families safe, as the COVID-19 situation percolates through the world.
Clear thinking from you, as always. Schiit has done its bit for my safety by shipping me a new Hel (what a cool gadget!) very quickly, to be used for videoconferencing if I have to work more from home as I may well have to.

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #57,266 of 148,552

Are you able to try another tube? Are you using a Foton tube? If so the slight vibration as you touch it may well be a sign of poor solder in the pins.

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #57,267 of 148,552
Are you able to try another tube? Are you using a Foton tube? If so the slight vibration as you touch it may well be a sign of poor solder in the pins.

Yeah this is using the stock tube. I've stopped using the fotons until they get sent for resoldering. I should maybe try the Lisst.

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #57,268 of 148,552
I think people should do what they think is best as long as it doesn't impinge on others, but this Coronavirus stuff is being blown out of proportion by the media (it's what they do). Worldwide fewer people have died from it than have died in the US from the flu just during this flu season.
Sorry, but do you understand exponentials? With 97k current cases, an estimated doubling rate of 6-7 days and a CFR of 2%, if we don't take major containment measures, in 3 months we'll have around 400M cases worldwide and 8M deaths. None of the other pathogens you mention are at all like this. Flu is less infectious and less deadly than this, in part because most older people have antibodies against various flu strains that work somewhat against even new ones. Legionnaires is bacterial, there are effective antibiotics. TL; DR Don't panic, but neither be a fool.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #57,269 of 148,552
What would it take to get the wall-worts made in the USA as far as a price increase in a products retail cost?

I would be willing to pay more if its reasonable for one made here in the US?

I am glad and proud that Schiit gets most of its "stuff" from the US....

Some folks on other site often de-ride Schiit products stating their "cheap" tansformers are made in China...

This doesnt mean that all Chinese products are of less value, just want to let you know that there are a lot of us
that are willing to pay a little extra for this item to be made here as well..

I think Schiit products at existing prices are a great value for the performance they offer...

Stay Safe out there!

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back