Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 21, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #53,746 of 148,512
1. Directional cables in my cooker. No problem on my side of the globe the water turning (draining a tub) is right, so the end of the cable must point to the right and the beginning to the left. Please note countries like Australia and New Zealand have to reverse this!
2. Gas instead of electric stove. Largely made mistake that gas won't work. The gas drives out the air in the copper, so in that way I get OFC quality with non OFC cable. Free upgrade. If cooked long enough reaches 99.9999%
3. Deionized water. Check.
4. Ionized salt. Check.

Looks like we desperately are in need of a new chapter or information on new upcoming products. The Thread is getting more and more gibberish

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #53,749 of 148,512
Perhaps you can 'cook up' a solution to this conundrum.

Personally I like to keep an open mind about such things, and since @bcowen was kind enough to send a cooker I will at least run some headphone cables through it. I know of Bill's ability to hear differences in different brands of tubes so I am more apt to take him seriously about such things.

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #53,750 of 148,512
God I hate all the nonsense about cables that continues to pollute audio forums. I'll come back when this has run its course. Again.

During your hiatus...may I suggest a couple of movies to bide your time? :deadhorse:

upload_2019-11-21_11-11-8.jpeg
upload_2019-11-21_11-12-1.jpeg

Sorry!...couldn't resist. :wink:

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #53,751 of 148,512
Personally I like to keep an open mind about such things, and since @bcowen was kind enough to send a cooker I will at least run some headphone cables through it. I know of Bill's ability to hear differences in different brands of tubes so I am more apt to take him seriously about such things.
I agree and try to keep an open mind. I would like to hear @bcowen's comparison of 'cooking' with cryogenic treatments.

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #53,753 of 148,512
Isn't there a different thread you can talk about cooking cables? I feel like the last several pages has all been cable cooking. I know this thread is 95% noise but this is a little too much, IMO.
Yes, take it to Sound Science, or perhaps Paladin should create a new cable thread in, I don't know, a section devoted to his business?

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #53,754 of 148,512
Isn't there a different thread you can talk about cooking cables? I feel like the last several pages has all been cable cooking. I know this thread is 95% noise but this is a little too much, IMO.
That is fine, and maybe there are threads for motorcycles people used to own years ago, or cars, or pizza dough. :smile_phones: Those might fall outside the realm of audio.

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #53,755 of 148,512
Yes, take it to Sound Science, or perhaps Paladin should create a new cable thread in, I don't know, a section devoted to his business?

I'm the one that started it, so you should perhaps direct your snide comments to me.

To everyone else, apologies for getting too far off track here.

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #53,757 of 148,512
That is fine, and maybe there are threads for motorcycles people used to own years ago, or cars, or pizza dough. :smile_phones: Those might fall outside the realm of audio.

I agree, those should likely be somewhere else too. I know it's a fine balance, because the off-topic stuff gives this thread some of its personality, but at the same time, it makes it really hard to follow the posts that are relevant to the topic.

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #53,758 of 148,512
I'm the one that started it, so you should perhaps direct your snide comments to me.

To everyone else, apologies for getting too far off track here.

Things like tubes, cable cookers, and Schiit audio have little if anything to do with my company, those are things I work with at home as a hobby. Most know that. Johnjen has talked about cookers as well and cables are part of the audio chain so I am curious, and try to remain open minded. :ksc75smile: Come to think of it, tubes are used in a lot of Schiit gear and Jason even used some of mine in a shoot out, I highly doubt that is off topic, or I hope not anyway lol.

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #53,759 of 148,512
Oh, I have Amazon Prime too. There's no avoiding it since brick and mortar stores fail to carry so many products now...

Yep, that's the biggest reason I order online. Local stores' stock is so bad, looking for an usual item or a specific item always turns into a wild goose chase.

To B&M stores, I say, "You can't sell what you don't have!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back