Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 5, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #51,676 of 148,976
Actually, after working there and living their quality standards, Oscar Mayer is the only brand I'll buy. Don't care if it costs more or another brand may have a different or more robust flavor (although I do like Nathans). I had opportunities to visit some competitors operations, and I'll just say that OM set the standard in the industry in quality.

Great info thanks!

Oct 5, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #51,677 of 148,976
Just got my ZMF Verite Closed while going to ZMFESTIVUS, these are a one off by ZMF that will probably be releasing at a later date.

Now to get Schiit to do purple colors on their gear.... :wink: But I'll take a black Freya+ =)
I saw those headphones and somehow knew you got them lol. A black and purple braided headphone cable might be needed lol. Very pretty!

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #51,681 of 148,976
Just got my ZMF Verite Closed while going to ZMFESTIVUS, these are a one off by ZMF that will probably be releasing at a later date.

Now to get Schiit to do purple colors on their gear.... :wink: But I'll take a black Freya+ =)
Goes perfectly with a certain hazy past...

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #51,682 of 148,976

I thought he captained this vehicle before he became obsessed with AMC Hornets??

Bill is a man of many facets, some are flat, some are curved, but facets nonetheless.

Several years back I had an intern that also crewed and or was driver of one of these. He promised me a ride, however it was never close by while he was working for me. I did get a miniature “match box” copy and a plastic one as a consolation prize. :)

He told wonderful stories of his experiences.

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #51,683 of 148,976
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #51,684 of 148,976
Several years back I had an intern that also crewed and or was driver of one of these. He promised me a ride, however it was never close by while he was working for me. I did get a miniature “match box” copy and a plastic one as a consolation prize. :)

He told wonderful stories of his experiences.

I have a couple of the little plastic Wienermobile whistles stashed away somewhere. They used to hand those out to kids in the gathered crowds wherever the 'mobile stopped, but had to end that practice after some kid choked on one and they got sued over it.

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #51,685 of 148,976
Or get @Paladin79 to make you one. I'm pretty sure he desperately needs some more projects right now. :relaxed:

Sure thing, just as soon as my hands stop looking like claws after a couple twelve hour days of woodworking. :smile_phones: Today it will be mostly football, a bit of electronics, and listening to Cream. Ginger Baker just passed away so time for Disraeli Gears and Wheels of Fire.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #51,686 of 148,976
Oct 6, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #51,687 of 148,976
You mean they look different at certain times? :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

One can always hope. I will let you know once I can straighten my fingers again.

I am trying to figure out a way to run the cables on my rack without them showing much. Maybe one board mounted vertically in the center of the back with clips to hold each cable. I will use a power strip underneath the bottom shelf that will not be visible.

That will be a pretty big project one day soon, and I will take time to build all interconnects so they are no longer than need be. I am trying to leave enough room between shelves for tube swapping without having to remove the equipment from the racks.

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #51,688 of 148,976
I am trying to figure out a way to run the cables on my rack without them showing much. Maybe one board mounted vertically in the center of the back with clips to hold each cable.

I really like that idea, FWIW. Maybe even two boards with a little spacing between them -- one for power cords, and the other for signal cables to keep them separated somewhat.

I will use a power strip underneath the bottom shelf that will not be visible.

A power strip? ARRGGHHH!!!! I guess if you put some sorbothane underneath it...

:slight_smile:

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #51,689 of 148,976
I really like that idea, FWIW. Maybe even two boards with a little spacing between them -- one for power cords, and the other for signal cables to keep them separated somewhat.

A power strip? ARRGGHHH!!!! I guess if you put some sorbothane underneath it...

:slight_smile:

sorbothane!!! I knew I was forgetting something.

I will change the description, a well made multi outlet device that is made for this purpose lol. This is not a $10 power strip.

I will most likely build my own AC cords and any other cables will be very well shielded. It is overkill but I may use star quad for the interconnects. I was considering two boards or something like this. IMG_1322.jpg

Individual board with an opening to the back of the shelves. It is early, and I will need to see how much more cherry stock I have. No sense using 3/4 when 1/4 inch should be fine. Cords on the bottom of each shelf going straight to the back of the equipment should not be too noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back