Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 31, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #47,116 of 149,141
May 31, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #47,117 of 149,141
My thoughts as well.
yes. think before you write is important! Everybody can make a bad joke or puts down bad their thoughts on paper but in this case it looks like framing. I would appreciate a more positive take on things. Of course everybody is free to express how they feel (he felt bad about the price drop, I would not but that is me) but then directly tell that Schiit reacted on his feelings and covered the price difference. Whole different story (which it in reality is) and everybody happy/positive etc. But keep on sharing and expressing because that takes us further in our hobby and interactions.

Recent discovery: The Moth and The Flame, great music from Utah I believe. Some real nice songs I discovered yday. Even discovered that my works Plantronics do detail :)

May 31, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #47,118 of 149,141
Yeah I thought that could have been handled better by the guy. But as a community this one tends to jump down the throat of folks who appear to be out of line, according to the collective. Is resistance futile? Yes resistance IS futile.

Glad Schiit took care of him. That's the problem with this habit, none of it is needed, so when something changes you are either pissed or happy.

I bought a b stock saga in Oct 2018 and, full disclosure, was a bit bummed to see a lower b stock price last week.

But then the new sagas pop up this week. And all of a sudden I'm happy with what I have (LISST) while simultaneously wondering if Schiit could install a motorized pot on my existing saga...

Shrug, such is life..... I'm constantly wishing I ordered what someone else ordered for supper... The human condition being what it is.....

Anyone watch the Sol videos from Instagram? That platter spins and spins and spins......

@Baldr how many rpms was that platter spun up too, and how many minutes did it spin before stopping?

It looked very well balanced.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/schiitsol/
nice stress test

May 31, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #47,119 of 149,141
May 31, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #47,120 of 149,141
There's also this funky Rane Balance Buddy device mentioned somewhere around here.
https://www.rane.com/bb22.html

Anyone ever use one?

The best way to convert is via quality 1:1 transformers:
https://www.cs1.net/products/jensen_transformers/PO-2RX.htm
All passive design. Michael Faraday would have been impressed. :ksc75smile:

.......{snip}.....People often behave on the Web as if they were just venting with buddies at the bar......{snip}......Sad.
I'm usually struggling with that paradigm in the classroom. My teenagers (and under 20somethings) seem to have 2 modes (especially after lunch): sleepy... or... SQUIRRELS-ON-FIRE. I sometimes avoid booking computer time those afternoons for that reason. They perk up after 5 or so. Me? I'm an early bird. Netiquette isn't robustly being taught at home (and that's a pity).
......{snip}......Glad Schiit took care of him. That's the problem with this habit, none of it is needed, so when something changes you are either pissed or happy.......{snip}.........Shrug, such is life..... I'm constantly wishing I ordered what someone else ordered for supper... The human condition being what it is...........{snip}...../QUOTE]
You're right on the money, @Rensek .

May 31, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #47,121 of 149,141
Unfortunately you polluted this thread with complaints about them earlier, and Web searches will bring up that negativity before they bring up their unusually accommodating response. Everything you write on the public Web stays there pretty much forever. Do you think it is fair that your earlier items here will tar Schiit into the indefinite future? People often behave on the Web as if they were just venting with buddies at the bar. Instead, they are besmirching hard-working businesses before they give them the option to go beyond the call, as Schiit as done in your case and in many others. Sad.

Sir, we all know that what we write lives on forever. In journalism, we call the "chilling effect"-- Self-Imposed censorship of ideas and thoughts in anticipation of some critic who steps up and admonishes the writer to be more careful when expressing their thoughts about the Fearless Leader, or face repercussions.
You use very offensive language in your besmirching of this writer, in your defense of Jason and Mike's reputation on the interweb.
For goodness sake, Schiit is growing and prospering, despite the slams, they have taken from that guy who only measures, and never listens.
Your "Fan-Boy" points will still be intact, you will still be praised for your most recent crusade against an infidel by a small cadre of like-minded defenders.
Please concern yourself with the litterbugs who are turning your commons into a pigsty.
Schiit is a large enough company, they no longer need a Praetorian Guard to guard the Palace. Sad, indeed.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #47,124 of 149,141
No spanish speaker says "Tú es" like... ever. The are two ways to translate "You are" to spanish:

1.- Tú eres <-- the most common one, used when you are familiar with the other person (friend, family member, colleague, etc.) or it's a person you see as "equal" (in age and/or in social status).
2.- Usted es <--- this is used when you treat the other person with a lot of respect, for example, a kid talking to his grandpa. When you meet for the first time with a new client, it's pretty normal to use (in both ways) that expression (later, if you two get to know each other, it's pretty common to switch to "Tú eres"). More or less is like calling the other person "Mister [insert name]".
Spain is different

May 31, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #47,125 of 149,141
Wait, In Peru "You are" is "Tu es" and "I am" is "Yo soy". Are you saying it is not the same in Spain?

Oops...That should be "Tu eres".

Dummy me....
You are Missing the point, if you would ask how do i say -i am- they don’t say ‘soy’ they say ‘tu eres’.
Same question in Portugal they respond: I am is ‘eu sou’ they even add that when it is a state of being (time limited) that it is ‘estou’

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #47,127 of 149,141
No, it's not. It's as I described, which is also how it is in all South America (except for Brasil, obviously).

"Tú es" is as weird as someone claiming that in some english speaking country people say "You is". Maybe you're talking about Catalán?
You missed the joke, in Madrid they always say: Spain is different

I mixed up portuguese with spanish in the -tu- form. Desculpa/perdoname

And yes -usted- is the polite form, i like that way to distinguish very much, like the germans and portuguese also do.

May 31, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #47,129 of 149,141
Ahh I wasn't aware of that joke, but even if I was, considering it's friday I'm certain I would missed it anyways :D
Thank god it is Friday. And for us the weekend starts at 15:00 hours. La vida is fantastic

May 31, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #47,130 of 149,141
I'm about to start building an Amp Camp power amp and I'm thinking now might be a good time to pick up a used Saga. I have a question about the specs though: In active stage the Saga says it has 0db gain but output at >10V. I'm in the beginning of my electronics studies but to me that doesn't seem consistent. Can anyone help me understand?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back