Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 28, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #46,921 of 145,614

I just like red LEDs alot more than white ones. I even went and did this to my Yggdrasil. Yes it looks horrendous during the day, but looks pretty good in the dark.
OMG at least cut the ‘tape’ neatly

May 28, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #46,925 of 145,614
That's wrong on two fronts.
1. It states that the teacher is from England and not what she teaches.
2. If partly correct the language se teaches is American English which surely is not British English so that distinction should be made.

Of course we all know this is one of the most common errors most people make in all languages...

I shall forever after ask the [History | Geography | French | Etc. | Etc.] teacher how long it has been since they left [History | Geography | French | Etc. | Etc.]

Obviously off-topic but as an Englishman, educated in England, I can confirm we use the same terminology as the USA, ie an English teacher, History teacher, Geography teacher, French teacher, etc. The only difference I am aware of is that we have Maths teachers whereas the USA has Math teachers, two slightly different colloquial shortenings of Mathematics teachers (according to the Oxford English Dictionary Americans started to shorten mathematics to math in the middle of the 19th century whereas Britons only started to shortened it to maths in the early 20th century). The alternative form, a Teacher of English, is rarely used in the UK; further, at least at secondary school level, the term English master or English mistress were commonly used through the second half of the 20th century, I believe this has now become less common due to these terms being gender specific.

May 28, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #46,926 of 145,614

I just like red LEDs alot more than white ones. I even went and did this to my Yggdrasil. Yes it looks horrendous during the day, but looks pretty good in the dark.

giphy.gif

May 28, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #46,929 of 145,614
The alternative form, a Teacher of English, is rarely used in the UK; further, at least at secondary school level, the term English master or English mistress were commonly used through the second half of the 20th century, I believe this has now become less common due to these terms being gender specific.
As I said. Almost everyone makes this same mistake in his or her language.

May 28, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #46,930 of 145,614
Ah haha. I was never good with arts and craft. This was the best i could do.
That's not tape by the way (i wish i could find a tape version), it's red cellophane paper folded into three layers (one layer was inadequate), then stuck on with transparent tape.
LoL have a look at 5min crafts and your Yggdrasil will be pimped for the better. Kind of an insult to the Schiit designers. :ksc75smile: Or is it you revenge for the headlights the inserted:o2smile:

May 28, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #46,935 of 145,614
Hey all,

Just a few notes:

1. Saga+ is available in black and silver right now, the others not quite yet. I'm sure there will be some black for all of the preamps, so if you want black, hold on for a bit.
2. Nothing's in danger of selling out for a while. The runs we do are quite large. And the ones that run out first are gonna be first out of the Thunderdome. So don't stress about "order now or miss out!"
3. You should see Ragnarok 2 next week. I just held it back a bit so we could get the preamps going. Of course, that could slip another week, you know us...
4. We finally have usable platters for Sol, which completes the parts we need to build. Now we just need to wait for production of the usable platters, but you should definitely see Sols this summer.
5. Before Sol, you'll see a couple more new things...

Oh yeah, and per our own definition (which may not be your definition), all the preamps have "HT Bypass." From https://www.schiit.com/guides/choosing-amps-preamps :

Home Theater Integration, $0. Okay, all you "home theater bypass" guys. All of our preamps offer true home theater bypass. Just plug in your processor's front channels to any input, select Passive mode, and turn the volume all the way up. Presto! 1:1 home theater bypass, with only a relay in the signal path.

Understood if that doesn't work for you. Sorry, I still haven't figured out a great way to press a button and have this happen, without adding more inputs (which don't fit on Freya--balanced inputs are BIG). Honestly, I'd be more interested in a processor loop, now that I've figured out how to do a balanced EQ with Nexus. But that's the same problem--where the hell do you put the extra balanced I/O? Probably best to stick the EQ after the preamp, if you want one. The noise floor is low enough to do that.

All the best,
Jason
Please release a phono preamp that is a substantial upgrade over the Mani. Perhaps a phono stage in the Saga or preferably Freya size box. As much as I love my Mani I want to use it for a second system and get a more substantial phono stage for my main system as a companion for Yggy. I am considering Sutherland KC Vibe or Insight, Musical Surroundings and a few others. However I would pick Schiit first if there were substantial model. I sure hope it is one of those new things that come out before SOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back