Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 14, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #46,501 of 149,099
I want a Fulla, but balanced and with 8 big tubes. And a remote. I mean 10 tubes.

I want a balanced, solid state Valhalla that drives the entire Stax lineup and speakers! Power switch on the bottom, volume knob that works backwards, only reads wax cylinders.

But if @Baldr can't include a free wax cylinder from the 1876 ring I don't want it!

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #46,502 of 149,099
Well -- since we are conveying our preamp wishes, here's mine …

A Saga-like preamp with integrated HP amp which would be pretty much equal to a Lyr 3 with 5-6 inputs and remote. Add an option slot for phono card that would be awesome!! A perfect mate to Vidar. :wink:

May 14, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #46,503 of 149,099
Hi All, a question about splitting freya’s XLR output between a pair of Vidars and an SVS sub. The sub has 22k input impedance and the Vidars are 44k. If I split the 200-600 Ohm Freya output to those two will I get loss due to the mismatch of the two inputs?
I’ve alternately tried using the rca outs for the sub and XLR for the amps, but only the tube buffer mode seems to work well when mixing and matching XLR and rca with Freya.
Any suggestions on the best way to make these connections?

May 14, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #46,504 of 149,099
Hi All, a question about splitting freya’s XLR output between a pair of Vidars and an SVS sub. The sub has 22k input impedance and the Vidars are 44k. If I split the 200-600 Ohm Freya output to those two will I get loss due to the mismatch of the two inputs?
I’ve alternately tried using the rca outs for the sub and XLR for the amps, but only the tube buffer mode seems to work well when mixing and matching XLR and rca with Freya.
Any suggestions on the best way to make these connections?
use the hi-level input

May 14, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #46,505 of 149,099
This is what Jason posted on the other site in regards to the audiohead article:

Not 100% accurate, but we're getting close to some really neat stuff.

In the meantime, think about this:

What if we could bring you new, cool things more often? Maybe even some special things?
What if you didn't have to join a big group to get the price down...or wait for months for delivery?
What if it was in stock?

Sound interesting? Hold on...

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #46,511 of 149,099
use the hi-level input
Unfortunately, it doesn't have speaker-level inputs, just RCA and XLR line-level. I had also tried using the pass-through function of the sub, which has XLR outs, putting the sub between the Freya and Vidars. Unfortunately, I'm getting some audible low-level noise added that way, and I found out it's due to the fact that the pass through is subjected to DSP (AD/DA) even if you disable the hi-pass crossover to the outputs.
I guess I'll just try an XLR splitter and see how it compares...

May 14, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #46,512 of 149,099
@Jason Stoddard since everyone is having Christmas wish; let me tell mine: can we have a Jotunheim with THX AAA (highest quality one that benchmark uses) with tweaks so it can sound like a SPL phonitor. So, clarity, power and Audio Research type warm; honey sound. Please? This Jotun heim can also be used as a high quality Preamp, balanced; differential like Rag 2.

May 14, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #46,513 of 149,099
@Jason Stoddard since everyone is having Christmas wish; let me tell mine: can we have a Jotunheim with THX AAA (highest quality one that benchmark uses) with tweaks so it can sound like a SPL phonitor. So, clarity, power and Audio Research type warm; honey sound. Please? This Jotunheim can also be used as a high quality Preamp, balanced; differential like Rag 2.

May 14, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #46,514 of 149,099
Great ... need to watch the entire series again :)

I actually prefer the sequels to the original, which always seems a little too slow get to the Road Warrior parts. Too much backstory. For sure Thunderdome is the most quotable.

Break a deal spin the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back