Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 2, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #45,496 of 145,650
Since there were some Vidars on the b stock list I'm going to try it out. The fan on the amp I'm using now is driving me nuts.

They have 15days to impress me, right?

Nice! Let us know how they work with your subs.

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #45,498 of 145,650
Vali's for ninety-nine bucks?! People, PEOPLE. Pick one up. :ksc75smile:

Man, I picked up a modi MB that I really don’t need on the last b-stock replenishment. Now you may have convinced me to buy a vali that I don’t need to go with it.

Can’t believe there are 10 b-stock Yggy’s available.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #45,499 of 145,650
I've been watching the Schiit "Closeout" section for several days. All of the sudden it just blew up!...

Yeah that's how it goes with b stock. Might not be much on there for weeks and then one day it's full with toys to drool over.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #45,501 of 145,650
Yeah that's how it goes with b stock. Might not be much on there for weeks and then one day it's full with toys to drool over.
I've been wondering about this. I know b stock could be brand new with blemishes or it could even be returned items with no blemishes. But that's a LOT of stock. For example, 123 Magni 3s and that last one a few weeks ago had a similar number. I wonder how many Magni 3s were sold over this same period, or how often there are returns (1 in 10? 1 in 25? 1 in 4?) It could be their volume of sales is significantly larger that I would think and 123 is negligible.

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #45,502 of 145,650
Already got one and it is very nice indeed. High gain is my setting!

watts are ‘cheap’ these days. You will be rewarded. Don’t get obstructed by sensitivity, i hardly get above 70dB listening, but then again my room isn’t so BiG (35m3)

That's my fault for not explaining myself clearly. When I say flea power I mean the plan for the amp is SET tube. Possibly 300B or a more creative alternative with similar output. So I will be working with less than 10 watts, possibly as little as 2 watts if my love for the 45 tube overcomes me again. :)

I really need sensitivity in the mid 90's or better or there won't be any dynamic headroom.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #45,503 of 145,650
I've been wondering about this. I know b stock could be brand new with blemishes or it could even be returned items with no blemishes. But that's a LOT of stock. For example, 123 Magni 3s and that last one a few weeks ago had a similar number. I wonder how many Magni 3s were sold over this same period, or how often there are returns (1 in 10? 1 in 25? 1 in 4?) It could be their volume of sales is significantly larger that I would think and 123 is negligible.

Don't forget refurbished/repaired items.

I think they probably have good sales numbers. I also think they wait to release b stock. This means when they put out b stock, they put it out in healthy numbers.

How many employees do they have? 15-20?20-30? 30+? You don't hit either number unless you have millions in sales and move thousands of units.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #45,504 of 145,650
I've asked that a couple of times myself, and haven't received an answer yet. Also wondering how it works in both stereo and mono block form. If you get 10wpc class A in stereo, do you get 20wpc class A in mono, plus your ohm question in both forms.
Does it matter?

Apr 3, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #45,505 of 145,650
A pair of Aegirs on the way.
Order confirmed @ 9:48 am.
This @ 12:57 pm:
"Thank you for your order. We wanted to let you know that your order has been shipped. We hope our service has been great!"

What took so long? Could y'all step it up some?
WoW a pair! Nice. Let us know your impressions. Please.

Apr 3, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #45,506 of 145,650
That's my fault for not explaining myself clearly. When I say flea power I mean the plan for the amp is SET tube. Possibly 300B or a more creative alternative with similar output. So I will be working with less than 10 watts, possibly as little as 2 watts if my love for the 45 tube overcomes me again. :)

I really need sensitivity in the mid 90's or better or there won't be any dynamic headroom.
Tekton is your Huckleberry. I ran my lore on as low as 8.5 WPC SET and Eric also sells Perfect SET 12 and Perfect SET 15 which are designed around SET amps, but work great with high power SS as well (300 WPC handling capacity).

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #45,508 of 145,650
Design and build it. There are a lot of ways to move heavy electronics-----look at the weight of some of the Citation, McIntosh and ARC tube amps! Forklift suggested.

I say go for it!

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #45,509 of 145,650

SET tube is where it is at if your speakers have enough sensititivy. I plan to build one down the road for my Klipsch Forte's (~99 dB sensitivity). They're running now with a 70wpc tube amp and its great and has a triode mode too but I want the simplicity and purity of a SET. I've heard them and they can be very very good. A couple watts is all ya need. Totally agree. It's not always about quantity, but quality.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #45,510 of 145,650

http://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=Exotica+Monitors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back