Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 2, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #45,451 of 145,648
Hey all,

Yep, specs and the manual have been cleared up (shipping manuals are correct, it's my fault for posting an early PDF on the site.) And yeah, internal photos are coming, I'm usually too busy to deal with those until after launch. They'll be up either today or tomorrow. Hint hint: they look a lot like Vidar.

Also tomorrow, I will have a new chapter that answers, somewhat obliquely, the question of Vidar vs. Aegir. And lots of other questions pertaining to Big Thoughts in the Audio Universe. Hopefully you'll like this change of pace.

Now, on to Ragnarok 2...

All the best,
Jason

Hi Jason ,

Waiting eagerly for Rag 2. Would it improve the sound a lot over Rag 1? And when is the date?

Thanks

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #45,452 of 145,648
From the schiit side are we encouraged/discouraged from buying both a Vidar and an Aegir, then returning the one we didn't like as much? I realize this may be hard for a smaller company to deal with, thus the question....

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #45,453 of 145,648
Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #45,454 of 145,648
Hi Jason ,

Waiting eagerly for Rag 2. Would it improve the sound a lot over Rag 1? And when is the date?

Thanks

LOL. We're not so good on the audio fellatio, nor on dates. It will sound better to some people and worse to others. It will ship when it will ship. Those are the most honest answers you will find.

From the schiit side are we encouraged/discouraged from buying both a Vidar and an Aegir, then returning the one we didn't like as much? I realize this may be hard for a smaller company to deal with, thus the question....

LOL, if you want to order and pay shipping both ways on a couple of very heavy amplifiers, plus a 5% restock, sure, no problem, we can handle that easily.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 2, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #45,457 of 145,648
Looking forward to you next post Jason! I'm running Apogee Duetta Sigs with a Sumo Andromeda II (I believe your boards - it hasn't blown up...). Choices choices.....

Like this beast?

I'm kinda afraid of designing anything this big for Schiit, because hauling these guys around all day wasn't a ton of fun.

IMG_2324.jpg

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 2, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #45,460 of 145,648
:control_knobs:
Like this beast?

I'm kinda afraid of designing anything this big for Schiit, because hauling these guys around all day wasn't a ton of fun.

With some Sol stuff around:control_knobs:

Apr 2, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #45,461 of 145,648
Like this beast?

oooooh, I see Sol plinths. So very excited for Sol. Any chance Mike will be dropping an update on Sol project, any future accessories that are being considered, any early measurement numbers, any feedback from early reviewers, etc?

Apr 2, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #45,462 of 145,648
@Jason Stoddard, any word on when Aegirs will be on the two European websites?

Apr 2, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #45,463 of 145,648
Vidar vs. Aegir is sort of like Cake vs. Ice Cream. The answer is "Yes, please."
Makes you greedy isn’t it...i ve to wait for Schiit Europe in the Netherlands for the Aegir; so first an ice cream before it melts

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #45,464 of 145,648
40Hz spec or in room? How big is your room?

It's just a general target. The room is...... a bit of a challenge. There is a half wall behind the desk, so acoustically the speaker either will or will not be seeing the entire room depending on whether they are sealed or ported. It has actually turned out to be very beneficial for getting away from comb filtering and side wall reflections, but when it comes to bass there are challenges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back