Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 1, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #45,392 of 148,518
True news. Jason said the best April Fools joke was one that was not a joke.
I just read that Music Group from founder Uli Behringer bought, after Midas, Klar Teknik, Turbosound and TC Electronics, Schiit Audio to step into the consumer audio market and bridge PRO with consumer audio product where possible.

Interesting! Wonder if operation remains independent.

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #45,393 of 148,518
I just read that Music Group from founder Uli Behringer bought, after Midas, Klar Teknik, Turbosound and TC Electronics, Schiit Audio to step into the consumer audio market and bridge PRO with consumer audio product where possible.

Interesting! Wonder if operation remains independent.
Link? This seems like an April Fool's joke itself. I really hope Tekton doesn't sell or issue an IPO. We can look forward to $1500 Bifrosts, $4000 Yggy's and $2000 Vidar's if that is the case.

Apr 1, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #45,394 of 148,518
Since Zu speakers have come up, can I ask owners of the Omens how they do for stereo imaging? I'm looking into replacing the nearfield listening setup I use at my desk and want to go high sensitivity/fullrange to work with a low power amp. That basically means either Tekton or Zu, but traditionally large driver speakers don't have great imaging when you get up close and personal with them.

I need 3 things for this setup: high sensitivity, full range bass, excellent close up stereo imaging. What I'm finding is that these attributes are forming a "pick 2" diagram no matter how much research I do.

To my ears the Zu Omen speakers image very well - the speakers really disappear and if you close your eyes you can really imagine the singer(s) and instruments before you. YMMV, as always.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #45,396 of 148,518
Two similar questions, will Aegir be released tomorrow in Europe as well. Or do we have to wait? And how many Aegirs will make it to Europe?

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #45,398 of 148,518
Link? This seems like an April Fool's joke itself. I really hope Tekton doesn't sell or issue an IPO. We can look forward to $1500 Bifrosts, $4000 Yggy's and $2000 Vidar's if that is the case.
Behringer goes even below Schiit pricing, most likely because production is not in Germany and HQ neither. The ultramatch pro is for 200 bucks an engineering secret and Behringer has more of that stuff:wink:

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #45,399 of 148,518
Any schiit-head here knows when Rag 2 is coming out? I thought I read somewhere that it is scheduled for march release.
There will be a BiG bang

Edit: for your bucks $•/\/\•€

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #45,400 of 148,518
Damping factor is a measurable characteristic, of course. But its effect is theoretical and there is very little evidence indicating that large DF is any better sounding than DF of 50. There is plenty of speculation and insistence, but very little science. And again, amplifier class is independent of DF.
dumping factor is relate to output impedence ,and yes to me lower dump sound better ...single ended is a tipical ones ,the lowers is like my tube amps....but need the correct speakers an high Qts like openbaffle that is self control ...this is a basic of elettronics and sound in pratical no magic

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #45,401 of 148,518
dumping factor is relate to output impedence ,and yes to me lower dump sound better ...single ended is a tipical ones ,the lowers is like my tube amps....but need the correct speakers an high Qts like openbaffle that is self control ...this is a basic of elettronics and sound in pratical no magic
Could you elaborate please?

Apr 1, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #45,403 of 148,518
It might be a while longer, since they decided to go with a Gungnir style DAC card after all!
04/1
Is that speculation or a fact?
I hadn't seen that information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back