Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 1, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #45,379 of 148,648
you are totaly worng damping factor is unit misure of controll your speaker
Damping factor is a measurable characteristic, of course. But its effect is theoretical and there is very little evidence indicating that large DF is any better sounding than DF of 50. There is plenty of speculation and insistence, but very little science. And again, amplifier class is independent of DF.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #45,380 of 148,648
Since Zu speakers have come up, can I ask owners of the Omens how they do for stereo imaging? I'm looking into replacing the nearfield listening setup I use at my desk and want to go high sensitivity/fullrange to work with a low power amp. That basically means either Tekton or Zu, but traditionally large driver speakers don't have great imaging when you get up close and personal with them.

I need 3 things for this setup: high sensitivity, full range bass, excellent close up stereo imaging. What I'm finding is that these attributes are forming a "pick 2" diagram no matter how much research I do.

Apr 1, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #45,388 of 148,648
Since Zu speakers have come up, can I ask owners of the Omens how they do for stereo imaging? I'm looking into replacing the nearfield listening setup I use at my desk and want to go high sensitivity/fullrange to work with a low power amp. That basically means either Tekton or Zu, but traditionally large driver speakers don't have great imaging when you get up close and personal with them.

I need 3 things for this setup: high sensitivity, full range bass, excellent close up stereo imaging. What I'm finding is that these attributes are forming a "pick 2" diagram no matter how much research I do.

You may want to have a look at Blumenstein Audio Orca 3” full range. Rated efficienty of 91.5 dB, they are reported to work very well (and loud) with the Bottel Head 2W SEX tube amplifier.

[edit] may not have the bass you are looking for with out their Benthic sub.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #45,390 of 148,648
I don't think Schiit would participate in that kind of juvenile behavior.

YxhCJAR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back