Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 19, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #44,011 of 149,141
I really wish I was in California to see that.

I really really wish I was in California.

Or maybe Texas or Florida or Arizona.

And I sent feedback too!

I said winter sucks but it doesn't seem to matter.
That storm is likely to be the one that dumped nearly 12" of snow here in Seattle over the course of 2-3 days.
There are still patches of snow here and there.

It still might have some whumpage to deliver.

JJ

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #44,012 of 149,141
I really wish I was in California to see that.

I really really wish I was in California.

Or maybe Texas or Florida or Arizona.

And I sent feedback too!

I said winter sucks but it doesn't seem to matter.

Here in Houston (in Texas) it's 38 and raining 50 miles from the gulf. Probably bikini weather for those in Minnesota.

Feb 20, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #44,013 of 149,141
So I've turned on my audio system today to spin some vinyls. Right channel is out. Looks like my power amp is toast. Started swapping cables to troubleshoot/isolate the issue and at some point forgot to turn everything off, proceeded to blow my left speaker. damn. Maybe it's time to buy some new schiit?
Go mono, mano. Use the mani.

also... thread Is a mess and impossible to follow. its 5 people talking non schiit **** that should have been on another thread. most people reading this thread are probably not users so I'm surprised its allowed to continue. if memory doesn't serve me wrong I think Jason tried stopping it once but those 5 people became all pissy about it so it was allowed to continue. You guys are lucky that Jason is a merciful god(god of this blog)
So lucky. Nowhere else on the internet could one be pissy on the internet.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #44,014 of 149,141
Based on Herb Reichert's CanJam photo it looks like it's possible to stack Ragnarok 2 on top of Yggdrasil.
190219-CJNY-Schiit-1-.jpg

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #44,015 of 149,141
also... thread Is a mess and impossible to follow. its 5 people talking non schiit **** that should have been on another thread. most people reading this thread are probably not users so I'm surprised its allowed to continue. if memory doesn't serve me wrong I think Jason tried stopping it once but those 5 people became all pissy about it so it was allowed to continue. You guys are lucky that Jason is a merciful god(god of this blog)

Well that’s true of any thread that runs a long time. In that it becomes less of thread and more of a friendly community with its own characters and eccentricities. The signal to noise ratio can change and sometimes daily. Take the time with the thread and you may end up hating us, or maybe after a time you’ll make a

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #44,019 of 149,141
Based on Herb Reichert's CanJam photo it looks like it's possible to stack Ragnarok 2 on top of Yggdrasil.
Thanks.
I was wondering about that.
Would like to know the dimensions.

Any other pics, links?

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #44,020 of 149,141
I recommend that anyone who does not like the friendly, free-flowing nature of this thread to go hang out elsewhere, maybe in the Sound-Science area. :o2smile:

Hell is a better place to be....

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #44,022 of 149,141
HiFi+ has reviewed the Jotunheim Multibit amp/preamp. You can read it here.

JC

Quote from the review:
"The new Multibit DAC option, however, is what really sets Jotunheim Multibit apart. Jotunheim’s original balanced (Delta Sigma-type) DAC was an excellent option for the money, but the Multibit DAC, which costs only £100 or $100 more, lifts performance to a much higher level. Side-by-side comparisons of the Balanced DAC module vs the Multibit DAC show the latter consistently offers superior resolution of low-level details, greater transient acuity, and markedly more contoured and three-dimensional renderings of instrumental and human voices. In fact, the Multibit DAC unlocks previously hidden layers of performance in the Jotunheim amp; you don’t so much listen to the Multibit DAC, but instead hear through it to access the inner workings of the music."

Especially that more contoured and three-dimensional rendering reminds me of that CD-player with multibit DAC I owned years ago, which had a soundstaging that was addictive. I think I really have to upgrade my Jotunheim to multibit now.......

Feb 20, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #44,023 of 149,141
Feb 20, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #44,025 of 149,141
A pasty is a baked pastry, a traditional variety of which is particularly associated with Cornwall, United Kingdom. Wikipedia

JC

The one thing I miss about living in TN ... can't get pasties here. They are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back