Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 17, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #40,429 of 148,518
For the record, the names make no difference to me. I do like reading the history behind the names and why they're chosen for particular products, but a Shiit by any other name would still smell as... Well, that didn't work.

Levity people... we're all friends here. Maybe not super-best friends, but friends, I hope. OK, we at least share a common interest even if we're not interesting. If we need to bring the noise down to achieve harmony... no worries. I'm sure I've been the Schiit in the punch bowl at times. Lemme know.

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #40,430 of 148,518
giphy.gif

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #40,431 of 148,518
For the record, @Jason Stoddard and @Baldr (Mike) both use the term Yggy (as well as Mimby, Bimby, Gumby)
I wouldn't be surprised if they started it.
I would go with it too if I was the proprietor of it all.
If the customer likes it then why contradict them and sell less?

No (maybe it's a European thing) (for me) it's always a sign of disrespect to use nicknames.
The names people use for the Schiit pile are also very childish. Baby-talk. Immature. (IMO)
I know I'm very peculiar about it.
We all can happily disagree here.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #40,433 of 148,518
Oct 18, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #40,435 of 148,518
Omnes mundi scaenam Omnes homines solum histriones; Habent exitus et introitus, et in unum locum plures dies partibus saecula septem acta suae. Primum infantem Mewling puking et nutricis in armis.
All the world's a chocolate chip cookie. All human beings are merely the crumbs; Some of us happen to be the chocolate chips.

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #40,437 of 148,518
I would go with it too if I was the proprietor of it all.
If the customer likes it then why contradict them and sell less?

No (maybe it's a European thing) (for me) it's always a sign of disrespect to use nicknames.
The names people use for the Schiit pile are also very childish. Baby-talk. Immature. (IMO)
I know I'm very peculiar about it.
We all can happily disagree here.

I don't mind nicknames in general, or find them offensive, but nicknames for products (except for one's car) seem a bit stupid to me.

So my Saga will remain a Saga, and my Bifrost will remain a Bifrost, etc.
But I'm happy to call my Volvo a Lolvo, until I can think of a better name for her.

cuQ4fyM.jpg

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #40,438 of 148,518
SP3a1 and Dual 75, sonic nirvana back in the day.
I had the SP3a1, the D52, Linn LP12 and Fulton 80's w/E woofers.
I spent ALOT of time tweaking.

JJ

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #40,439 of 148,518
I don't mind nicknames in general, or find them offensive, but nicknames for products (except for one's car) seem a bit stupid to me.
We need to make the distinction between a nickname and an abbreviation. People are using Yggy as a quick abbreviation.
Like even Apple uses Mac to refer to Macintosh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back