Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 17, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #35,041 of 145,594
Another Jazz Recommendation...

Album: Word of Mouth Revisited
Artists: Jaco Pastorius Big Band

A Big Band tribute to the late Jaco Pastoius, bass player extraordinaire. The man re-invented bass playing, bringing it from a background support role to the forefront as a lead instrument. Before Weather Report, Jaco played with a hometown Jazz Big Band and this album is a tribute by his former fellow band memebrs and artists that he inspired. Renown bass players contribute to this effort in the unmistakable Jaco Pastorius style. Very well recorded and definte must listen!!

Available on Tidal and Spotify.

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #35,042 of 145,594
freya.jpg I am now the proud owner of a Freya, I will have to check this out later tonight. Luckily I have a couple power amps so testing this is not dependent on my finishing my class a mono-blocks yet.

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #35,043 of 145,594
I am now the proud owner of a Freya, I will have to check this out later tonight. Luckily I have a couple power amps so testing this is not dependent on my finishing my class a mono-blocks yet.

Congrats Tom, I'll have to stop by sometime to hear those relays clicking away when you change the volume. For now I can only imagine how the Freya feeding into BH Crack will sound with my 650s.

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #35,044 of 145,594
I am now the proud owner of a Freya, I will have to check this out later tonight. Luckily I have a couple power amps so testing this is not dependent on my finishing my class a mono-blocks yet.

Very nice!! All you need now is a Gumby or Yggy! :)

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #35,045 of 145,594
Congrats Tom, I'll have to stop by sometime to hear those relays clicking away when you change the volume. For now I can only imagine how the Freya feeding into BH Crack will sound with my 650s.

I should be getting a Gungnir soon as well, they are currently in sound check, I should be running balanced from it to the preamp and on to separate class a headphone amps and mono-blocks when all is done so I may have that all in place before you visit. I am also in negotiations on some Klipsch La Scala's that can be run off of just a few watts.

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #35,046 of 145,594
I should be getting a Gungnir soon as well, they are currently in sound check, I should be running balanced from it to the preamp and on to separate class a headphone amps and mono-blocks when all is done so I may have that all in place before you visit. I am also in negotiations on some Klipsch La Scala's that can be run off of just a few watts.

The La Scala’s are great but they lack the bottom end that the Klipsch corner horn give.

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #35,047 of 145,594
Luckily I have a couple power amps so testing this is not dependent on my finishing my class a mono-blocks yet.

Which mono blocks? Amp camp? Or something else?

Jul 17, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #35,048 of 145,594
Which mono blocks? Amp camp? Or something else?

I am doing amp camps and bridging them for ten watts each.

I know about the bass on La Scala so I will use a subwoofer I built as well. I just do not have the space for the corner speakers. I doubt I have the La Scala's long anyway, the deal is too good to pass up and I will end up moving them pretty quickly and I will end up with free Lores and other pieces if everything goes as planned.

Jul 17, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #35,049 of 145,594
You are a shameless Wheeler/Dealer. :D

Jul 17, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #35,050 of 145,594
I just know people in the business. I used to also know an exceptional diamond cutter who liked computers. He would show up with a brief case whenever my wife had a birthday or our anniversary was coming up and trade me gem stones for computer gear. Some things have exceptional mark-ups and in the hands of people who deal with them everyday, they start talking true value. It is a controlled value, if all diamonds were released on the world market at one time, they would be worth 10 cents each. It is a perceived value from what I recall from some economics classes.

So I do not appear too shameless, a few of you know I do help friends whenever I can.:smile_phones: Within reason.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #35,051 of 145,594
I stand corrected. You are a 'Wheeler/Dealer'. And there's nothing wrong with that. I agree -- you are very generous with your time, knowledge, and skill and that's likely why folks are eager to return the favor.

Now -- can you please define 'Within Reason'?

Note: My anniversary is Feb. 14th. :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #35,052 of 145,594
I stand corrected. You are a Wheeler/Dealer. And I agree -- you are very generous with your time, knowledge, and skill.

Now -- can you please define 'Within Reason'?

Note: My anniversary is Feb. 14th. :wink:

There are months and months before then. Your wife has all the time in the world to shoot you and bury you in the back yard. I believe Texas has different laws than the rest of the country about some things.:smile_phones:

I need to take an employee out to lunch, behave yourself Ripper.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #35,053 of 145,594
She has been spending more time at the gun range. :sweat:

I wonder how many more tubes do I have to buy before she snaps? :thinking:

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #35,055 of 145,594

Mine arrived Saturday, along with my Vidar. The DIs are on order so making do with a ELAC B5s for now, but the combo sounds VERY sweet. We are three weeks in and our art is being hung this week, couple more weeks for furniture and DIs and I should be in heaven.........

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back