Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 14, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #31,351 of 149,239
Haggis.
Raw oysters.
Rotted shark.
Vegamite.

I don't feel Haggis really belongs to this list given it's always fully cooked and made of fresh (non-rotten) ingredients... Also raw oysters are delicious. And so is sashimi.

Apr 14, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #31,353 of 149,239
If the room correction has digital out that you can feed into the Yggi then you should be OK. Provided the room correction system does minimal damage to the source with their digital filters.

That's how I have mine connected. The preamp is digital out to the Gumby.

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #31,354 of 149,239
Haggis.
Raw oysters.
Rotted shark.
Vegamite.

I admire the human sub-cultures that have survived by learning to eat such things.More power to the tough people.

100% glad I don't have to.

SCRAPPLE!

I would add also Stinky tofu and natou to the list.

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #31,355 of 149,239
I like haggis. I love raw oysters. I really like Vegemite and Marmite. But then again I grew up eating menudo, smoked carp and commodity cheese..
images (1).jpeg

No bloater paste sandwich to take to school every day? And what exactly we're those giant commodity cheese things the size of a short fence post? Hard Velveeta in a plain cardboard box.

Ahh, you were lucky! You tell kids today...they don't believe ya!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #31,357 of 149,239
Can someone here explain room correction systems to me?
Can they be used with a networkplayer and an Yggdrasil?
One of my friends wants to buy the same stack as I have but foresees problems that would be addressed with such a system.
And I know nothing about this sport.
I told him to look at Dirac Live DDRC-22D
Was that the proper one?

I have had both the Dspeaker Antimode Dual Core 2.0 and Minidsp DDRC-22D. I ended up keeping the latter as I found it generally less detrimental to the sound and you have way way more options as it is controlled via PC instead of using a tiny on device display. The Dspeaker also had a problem with channel imbalance if you use USB. The main use cases where they will be most beneficial is if you have excessive bass bloat which you want to reduce especially if you use a subwoofer.

I personally found that other than better speakers that getting a Minidsp DDRC-22D was the biggest improvement in sound I have experienced it is more expensive than the Dspeaker but I would say it is worth it. Just make sure you really spend the time doing measurements and setup properly. Feel free to PM if you have any questions about it.

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #31,358 of 149,239
Another tip would be from finland. Afordable but i forgot the name. Gonna search. Let you know.
Here you go:
http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/20-dual-core.shtml

You can also look at DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 at a fraction of the price.

I have had both the Dspeaker Antimode Dual Core 2.0 and Minidsp DDRC-22D. I ended up keeping the latter as I found it generally less detrimental to the sound and you have way way more options as it is controlled via PC instead of using a tiny on device display. The Dspeaker also had a problem with channel imbalance if you use USB. The main use cases where they will be most beneficial is if you have excessive bass bloat which you want to reduce especially if you use a subwoofer.

I personally found that other than better speakers that getting a Minidsp DDRC-22D was the biggest improvement in sound I have experienced it is more expensive than the Dspeaker but I would say it is worth it. Just make sure you really spend the time doing measurements and setup properly. Feel free to PM if you have any questions about it.

I have the Antimode 2.0 and am really happy with it.

I have it to kill a room mode of +13dB at ~75Hz, no kind of room treatment i know of can take care of that, besides building a double bass array, and i would have to calculate the divorce into that when putting it into my living room :p

I feed it via toslink in from an optical switch, choosing between Network-Player, CD-Transport or TV.
Then i go to my DAC via the Toslink out.

Apr 15, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #31,360 of 149,239
SCRAPPLE!

Now that's what I'm up for, crispy top and bottom and soft center, with eggs over easy on top, rye toast and black coffee.

Apr 15, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #31,361 of 149,239
@OldRoadToad

Her ya' go. This has it all;

http://www.littlezoe.eu/

Can be ordered to utilize either EL34 or 6550 type tubes "AND" BACKLIT VU METERS!!!

This has got to be the coolest looking thing I've seen in a while.

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #31,363 of 149,239
@OldRoadToad

Can be ordered to utilize either EL34 or 6550 type tubes "AND" BACKLIT VU METERS!!!

Very impressive indeed.

I achieved similar results in an otl amp with the weight of my top plate and cabinet, 1/8 inch copper throughout and one inch thick quartered oak. I also got all accessible controls and jacks away from an aluminum plate that holds the tubes and power transformer. I added my own backlitIMG_1964.JPG vu meters, and love the looks of those (I have built with magic eye tubes as well.) Mine is a headphone amp but can certainly be used for a line out device.

Apr 15, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #31,365 of 149,239
@OldRoadToad

That does look awesome, but I will be very surprised if it's less than 5 figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back